SAU Community

Rb 26 injectors

Hi again Matty. Yes same, rail upgrade no. Denso based 10.5 or 11mm injectors all fit into the standard rail. Nearly all of these older direct fit injectors are all made by Denso - Nismo, Power Enterprise, Tomei, Sard, Blitz

I suggest you go bigger than 550cc though

52 minutes ago, Matty George said:

Ha well loyal to Nismo??? Suggestions?

What? Nismo are the same shit as that Sard shit.

Bosch, Denso, Siemens et al have all been producing newer design injectors over the 20 years since those Sards were state of the art (if they ever were). Any Bosch EV14 based injector is going to be a millions times better. Shit, even an EV6 based injector will be nearly 2 decades newer tech.

There are hundreds of vendors selling EV14 or equivalent Denso (and other manufacturers) injectors with conversion plugs, rail spacers, and flow matched sets. Here's just one example in Australia, at Goleby's https://www.golebysparts.com.au/products/rb26-bpp-fuel-rail-kit-bosch-1000cc-injectors-fpr800-fuel-regulator?variant=31930369081453

I run the old Denso 700cc on the 33 and they are at about 75% duty cycle at 330kw on 98. On the 32 I went from the Denso 1000cc to the Bosch EV14 1550cc - heaps better.

Get the Bosch EV14 1000cc as Gtsboy said, best idea

My advice is if you have a lazy tuner, don't get the Bosch 1480cc aka 1550cc aka 1650cc (they're actually 1480cc but everyone likes to call them the 1650cc).

Their true code is 0280158334

Reason why I suggest against it if you have a lazy tuner? they're sensitive to fuel temperature and if you don't build out that fuel density vs. temperature vs. ethanol content table they will run like shit.

Most tuners don't bother with this, however a silver lining is that if you have a Link ECU that table is pre-defined.

Also Nismo injectors, FPR, etc. are overpriced and dated. It's 2020 no 1999, imagine trying to use Instagram to look at instahoes on a Nokia E61.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matty George said:

Thanks men... I understand the Nismo sate older tech but they still do the job. Yeh Bosch were my other option which I’ll look at getting from kudos.

The Bosch ones from Kudos are the 980cc / 1000cc ones, not sure why they are advertising as 1250cc. Same thing as from Golebys, EFI hardware, EFI solutions, NZEFI and so on.

2 hours ago, BK said:

The Bosch ones from Kudos are the 980cc / 1000cc ones, not sure why they are advertising as 1250cc. Same thing as from Golebys, EFI hardware, EFI solutions, NZEFI and so on.

Dick measuring contest, false advertisement at 4bar base pressure. Shortfall with running high base pressures is that you put enormous strain on your fuel delivery system to keep up.

4 bar base + 2 bar boost = 6 bar of fuel pressure. As you add fuel pressure, flow rate drops & current draw increases. Both increasing fuel temperature and reducing fuel density.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Dick measuring contest, false advertisement at 4bar base pressure. Shortfall with running high base pressures is that you put enormous strain on your fuel delivery system to keep up.

4 bar base + 2 bar boost = 6 bar of fuel pressure. As you add fuel pressure, flow rate drops & current draw increases. Both increasing fuel temperature and reducing fuel density.

You can get a flatter flow rate vs fuel pressure curve and a flatter fuel pressure vs current draw curve with brushless fuel pumps these days. I believe the R35s run 3.5 bar base fuel pressure to improve atomization. Everything is a trade-off.

6 hours ago, TXSquirrel said:

If you want to stay true to Nismo/OEM and want modernized injectors, just get R35 OEM injectors.  570cc and very good atomization.

I would say this is the way to go as well. Just keep in mind that fakes are everywhere, be very careful to source genuine parts if you go this route and get your injectors characterized if you can for various offset tables in your ECU of choice. Other thing to think about is whether you want to run E85 or not. If you do I don't think the ~550cc class injectors will flow enough. You want closer to 750cc in that case. Closest things that are actually modern injectors are either the SARD 850cc high impedance injectors or the Bosch 980cc mentioned already in this thread. The SARD injectors are Denso parts, just not sure what the OE application was. Bosch 980cc was originally used in some Renault I believe. 

I don't recommend ID injectors, maybe it matters if you want accurate/repeatable fuel delivery down to 0.2ms of effective injector open time or 10 bar of fuel pressure or whatever but their injectors lack the diffuser plate used in most modern injectors which causes the spray to go straight into the divider walls between the valves, which increases the amount of wall wetting and makes it harder to get transient fueling nailed down as a result. They're optimizing for an extreme that doesn't make sense if you want 300 kw with -9s.

Haha yeah there are so many fake R35 injectors out there.  However R35 guys junk them pretty much as soon as they take delivery of their cars, so just contact a shop that works on R35 and they probably have a pile just sitting and collecting dust.  I got mine for $70 USD, plus I paid another $110 USD to have them cleaned and flow tested, not bad for a set of barely used quality OEM injectors.

Also 570cc is the flow rate at 3 bar, but they are actually designed to run at higher base pressure, so there is still more potential if needed.