SAU Community

Cheap OBX Race seats for SAU

Duncan

OBX are great seats, these are awesome value, i have two black monaco seats in my 4dr 32 and they are great for all day driving and track use, and best of all they are on the standard r32 rails and are comfortable for the everyday driving. Good luck with the group buy.

Hey VIP32 did you have to modify your standard rails at all???

Cheers B

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forza%20LH-YE.jpg

$580 for 410mm

Daytona%20LH-BU.jpg

$500 for 410mm wide seat

duncster can you tell me what the difference is with these seats

cxan obviously sere a visually difference in the seat padding. but what exactly?

also when can i come and grab your forza seat so i can test try it on my 4door. bloody rollcage makes things particularly tight in that car.

sure mate, the Forza have padding instead of material on the corners on the seat where the wear happens (the black parts in the pic)

It also has a cusion in the base of the seat which the daytona doesn't have.

I picked the forza myself I think it is a better deal considering the similar price.

My car is dead atm so I can grab the passenger seat next time Im near it....ill give you a call

• 2 years later...

nope! you can't lower the standard seat substantially without changing the rails - the floor is really unflat (I just invented a word) and the standard rails are pretty high. But even with low style aftermarket rails you'll only get a few cm back.

sorry mate I've never run a tape measure over them - and it depends on what rails you get.

I've just swapped to bride super low rails with these seats in my race car to get a little more room.

They are better than standard that's for sure

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Duncan

I would like some seats, such a great price for the pair. I would like the Carrera style as I think they look pretty hot. I also need some rails, looking to get more headroom with the helmet, any suggestions - I have a R33 GTST.

Cheers

Chris. also pm sent with same message...

sorry for the delay, pm replied!

regarding rails, you can either grab a set of bolt in skyline rails like bride (about $250 a side), or use generic rails and get a workshop to fabricate the proper mounts. I use the bride low mount rails because I have the same issue with not enough helmet room, they are about the lowest sliding rails I've seen.

Of course if you don't need the seats to move you can go 2cm lower by re-inforcing, and then bolting them to the floor. only if the car is a 2 seater of course.

• 1 month later...

Inline with GB rules about having a start & end date - this is now closed.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Th...Gro-t81129.html

SAU is clamping down on these GB's that never occur, never end, and so on.

PM me if you have a problem. However, before you PM me think about this.

A group buy, is a group of people buying the product together to lower the price.

Buying single units here and there is not what constitutes a GROUP BUY

Thanks