SAU Community

Cheap OBX Race seats for SAU

Duncan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah in the case of the race car, with a cage in between helmet and roof it is really tight, even with the race seats. we mounted the seats directly on the floor, it gives about 2cm extra head room....still less than we lose with a 3cm cage but not too bad.

Should not really be an issue with a road car, you really want sliding rails so that people of different heights can drive the car.

I'm thinking a mounting for quick removal of the race seat and use the stocker everyday, bu the thought of a permanent fixture recliner gives me pleasure :D.

Awaiting a response from these guys in Melb and I will post up a report on the findings.

Got this response

Good Afternoon Geoff

Thank you for your enquiry. We are situated in Nunawading, which is an eastern suburb of Melbourne. We do have a small showroom, where our OBX Seat range is on display, which you are more than welcome to have a look at. Our address is 17 Moncrief Road, Nunnawading.

So I'll go take a look soon and report on fit for fat guys :P

• 2 weeks later...
Team Raceworx have obtained some great prices on OBX seats.

Full details are on this webpage:

http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/raceworx/obx.htm

Prices are from $460 per pair which is about half what you would pay elsewhere! With the money you save you can get BRIDE embriodered on them  

Please note seats are sold in pairs only, but if 2 ppl agree on the same seat and colour I can organise that.

Also note the seats do not come with rails, you should allow up to about $200 to buy new ones or have your factory rails modified.

Please post interest in this thread.

yep i want a pair. but which style is it obx have many style.

Have a check of the link, we have all 8 styles available

I sat in a OBX seat yesterday at autobarn and noticed that it is basically a metal frame with a cover over it. There was no foam or any other material used internally in the seat to make it comfortable so you could just feel the metal frame around ur shoulders and hips, and the back support was just hollow. Is this like all the OBX range? and why they are so cheap to buy??

yeah, i find it a little hard to believe they pass ADR, but apparently they do..  

I'd say the more expensive ones have better padding. Anyhow, good prices, and i know why you're gonna be asking questions Inasnt :) but if people want to buy, its available...

I dont think comfort has anything to do with adr :D

You know you want some of MY seats gordo :D

user posted image

sit in my seats roy and you will know they aint no name brand which have injection moulded foam and padding and are 10 times more comfortable than the obx seat i sat in with no foam inserts or padding

Yeh ok, this isnt really the place for this discussion, but basically some OBX seats are moulded fibreglass and offer a diferent level of comfort

Those at the cheaper end of the spectrum are tubular steel frames, just like some Sparco and Cobra seats. Just be careful and compare apples to apples.

Not saying your seats are the same, but a friend had some Recaro knock offs in his TX3 and after 1 year of driving to uni in this car the foam had collapsed and the trim beaded/balled up...and they offered nothing special in the way of support over the std seat.

Thats part of the reason if you are after a bolstered seat with plenty of support, then a moulded fibreglass seat, or one with a tubular frame will offer superior support longer then a reclining seat with foam supports...my thoughts only....ill now try and mind my own business

I sat in a OBX seat yesterday at autobarn and noticed that it is basically a metal frame with a cover over it. There was no foam or any other material used internally in the seat to make it comfortable so you could just feel the metal frame around ur shoulders and hips, and the back support was just hollow. Is this like all the OBX range? and why they are so cheap to buy??

Denham, frankly I'm sick of the crap you are stirring in this thread.

I understand you are trying to undermine this group buy because they are cheaper than the shonkey recaro copies you are selling.

If you want to sell seats that are not legal for a car to use in Australia go ahead. But don't stir up innuendo in this thread which is sourcing good, legal seats at great prices.

You have no doubt noticed that people are not willing to pay extra for the fake copies of a trademarked brand you are selling. Bad luck if you have the wrong product or the wrong price.

We are able to source a range of OBX seats from the basic model you obviously tried to full foam recliners. Of course, despite your claim, all the seats have at least some padding, the race style seats do have a metal frame.

As posted previously we use these seats in our own race cars including endurance races and Targa Tasminia and have found them safe and comfortable when mounted properly. As for safety check out this video (http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/targa04.wmv), the car in question had 2 OBX Forza recliners bolted to the floor and they did not move or get damaged despite an impact that wrote the car off. What similar evidence do you have for your non-ADR copies?

Relax, i was just asking if all the OBX were like the ones i had a sit in, and all my seats have already sold (more had to be ordered, and one is going off to be ADR tested cause to pass the adr test aint no biggie if the one i sat in that were adr approved passed),after people have inspected them and had a sit in them, and no one has come back complaining.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I'll double check and get back to you in the next day or two :mad: The bride rails bolt straight in (4 bolts). I just need to check the mounting points to put the seats on the rails. But since they mount to the bottom of the seat I'm 99% sure the worst it can be is 2 new holes drilled in the rails.

Which ones are you interested in?