SAU Community

Car doesn't accelerate when foot is down then suddenly takes off

silviaz

This has been happening for a couple months on my Subaru, drives  great no issues and done quite a bit of servicing recently on the fluids and filters, but when driving sometimes I put my foot down nothing happens and even if I put it down almost all the way, but then it suddenly takes off. What does this sound like? I always fill up with 98, everyday at high speeds so I don't think it would be something like a clogged injector. Maybe a fuel pump failing?

7 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

What is the exact model of this mysterious Subaru.

Mysterious lol? 2001 impreza. Maybe throttle body needs a clean? The car is driven well I don't floor it or do any stupid shit. I wonder if it was that time I messed with the throttle position sensor, but I did put it back to normal.

10 hours ago, AlexAuba said:

it might also be an issue with the gearbox

It's an automatic, and it does shift smooth but every day after work it does shift a bit funny on this road I always drive on (just a normal straight road. I might be ovethinking it), when I changed the transmission fluid, the filter barely had any debree inside it like a couple of specs lol, it was also red the fluid so didn't look contaminated. My mechanic was surprised when he opened it, there was no discolouration. 

Edited by silviaz

i have an sti these things are full of problems...clean or replace maf, clean crank angle sensor, make sure your plugs and wires are new. replace your 02. make sure you have a strong battery connection, ive seen bad connection cause all kinds of misfiring or  weird issues with these cars.  you should know by now to post a what year, make, model, etc to get better help. i personally cant stand the subaru forums bunch of kids and wierd mates on them so i figure crap out myself, but go through some pages on the butt buddy subaru forums sure you will find some info to get the old girl some help mate.

9 minutes ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

i have an sti these things are full of problems...clean or replace maf, clean crank angle sensor, make sure your plugs and wires are new. replace your 02. make sure you have a strong battery connection, ive seen bad connection cause all kinds of misfiring or  weird issues with these cars.  you should know by now to post a what year, make, model, etc to get better help. i personally cant stand the subaru forums bunch of kids and wierd mates on them so i figure crap out myself, but go through some pages on the butt buddy subaru forums sure you will find some info to get the old girl some help mate.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. 02 could use a replacement lol the light does pop up frequently lol, wires and spark plugs changed not too long ago, I'll see what I can do.

7 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Before you replace the o2 sensor, replace your fuel filter, then check your fuel pump output and pressure. Check ALL vehicle ground wires. Cleaning all the ground connections won't hurt.

My fuel filter was replaced 10,000km ago i think.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, Rusty Nuts said:

What is the exact model of this mysterious Subaru.

i took it to my mechanic i need a new knock sensor, there was a code for a throttle position sensor but apprently its old. Suprisingly nothing for an exygen sensor. I wanted to ask do you think its a bad idea to buy a 20$ one from ebay as opposed to a 95$ from a retailer?

28 minutes ago, silviaz said:

do you think its a bad idea to buy a 20$ one from ebay as opposed to a 95$ from a retailer?

I don't recommend ebay LingLong brand anything, when the genuine stuff is outrageous price, I buy from Burson or Repco or any other place that will refund my money. Also if the part f**ks up you can jump up and down and shout at the human who sold it to you.

Just now, Rusty Nuts said:

I don't recommend ebay LingLong brand anything, when the genuine stuff is outrageous price, I buy from Burson or Repco or any other place that will refund my money. Also if the part f**ks up you can jump up and down and shout at the human who sold it to you.

Repco is a rip off 200$ is oem apprently. I'll get one from a wrecker.