SAU Community

Work In progress R32 GTR

So I put 2860 -9 as well as trust exhaust straight through, 1000cc injectors, haltech pnp with wideband, Greddy suction kit etc etc.... Got tuned today and made a reasonable 320awkw. 440hp.
Question.... it has stock cams and gears in it. Will poncams make much of a difference in gains. Forum tells me not much benefit but putting in out to you guys. Cheers.

1 hour ago, NZ-GTT said:

Do you have a power goal? I know your question is about cams but I don't think you will get much more out of -9 turbos.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Poncams.

Frankly I don’t have a figure. I thought 350kw would max out -9’s. I pick it up on Friday and I’ll post the dyno sheet. Point taken cams aren’t worth it which I thought anyway.

350 is a bit of a push on 98. You'll get another 30 - 40kw on E85. My 33 with the actual HKS GT-SS turbos which is the original early -9 spec has been dynoed consistently for over 15 years between 310 - 330kw on 19 -22psi on the good ol' Power FC. Good for up to 11.5.

That's just what they make.

ANY cams over standard is just going to compromise the low end to mid response with these turbos. Want more power - it's turbo change time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BK said:

350 is a bit of a push on 98. You'll get another 30 - 40kw on E85. My 33 with the actual HKS GT-SS turbos which is the original early -9 spec has been dynoed consistently for over 15 years between 310 - 330kw on 19 -22psi on the good ol' Power FC. Good for up to 11.5.

ANY cams over standard is just going to compromise the low end to mid response with these turbos. Want more power - it's turbo change time.

Ha ha BK I know that the next step is single for 600+hp . It’s pure street application on monthly cruises so I’ll settle for 2860’s at 450hp. I’m in mid 40’s so that should be enough fun.

18 hours ago, BK said:

I'm planning on putting in a step 1 VCAM, does it make sense to change the exhaust cam as well or just leave it?

I don't think so with small turbos. But if you do go ahead with the vcam, I'd try it with stock exhaust cam first. Swap it out later if the need arises and see what happens, but I think gains will be minimal.