SAU Community

RB26 Grout Fill

I sent an R33 block and an R32 block approx 12 months ago to be tested. 

2 months or so passed and I got 2 reports sent back one of the R33 Block and then one of a R32 serial numbered block which had good results, unicorn spec.  OK great I now can move forward and use good block as basis for build.

Herman advised a mix up happened and that they needed assistance in identifying my block. 

I was shown a picture of a room filled with blocks and plastic tags, alluding that this is where the problem lies of finding my block.

Later I was offered a swap of 2 of my blocks for a very good block, I simply offered to buy the very good block and bizarly was advised this is not possible and it's a one off deal kinda thing.

8 months passed and clearly the block had been lost or grown legs into another engine bay.  Herman asked me to stop asking and advised that he does not like being hassled. 

Around a year onward from reception of my blocks, I received two blocks back , my R33 one and then instead of my R32 one, I received a mystery R33 block with tag "May be this one" and a test result with a date 2 years ago, pre-dating when I first sent my pallet of blocks.

Edited by RB335
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'll also note that Herman did work I did not request and alluded that the reason he cant send the blocks is that he has done work he can't charge me for - total gypsy shit I wasn't able to get my two blocks back unless I paid for work he could not charge me for. I am aware he has done the wrong thing by a few others so I would not recommend to deal with him

Edited by RB335
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2021 at 10:59 PM, Deano 1 said:

I had a normal Prp brace on a 500kw setup with a 9180 on it. 2.8 stroker, little cams blah blah Thrashed the hell out of it - Cracked the block. 

Now I got a N1 block with the fully intergrated Prp steel brace, same 2.8 crank - rods - slugs, massive cams 292s blah blah makes over 1000hp and don't thrash it just give it a hit here and there, things going strong as no dramas at all. 

I reckon it comes down to how you drive it, and cly pressures to be honest, little cams and trying to jam it all in low down in the rev range breaks engines. 

Let em breath, rev, build oil pressure, than dump it all in and it will make the power and last. 

Also the less limiter dump side steps you do the better and I can tell ya now you don't do em with 1000hp but you do em all day with 500kw : D

Thats my experiences anyway  

Silly question, do you know what comp ratio of your old/new motors?