SAU Community

Just wondering if anyone here has put in a bee*r limiter into there rs4s or any car running an rb25 neo and neo ecu, only asking because from what I’ve found online the s2 an neo pinouts are slightly different? (Correct me if I’m wrong of course) also buying a bee*r but it’s second hand so I don’t think it’ll come with any installation papers so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I haven’t been able to find much out but maybe I’m searching the wrong terms.  Either way definitely looking for any help!

Also if there’s a neo pin out sheet as well as what each wire does for the bee*r because as I stated I believe it won’t be coming with any sort of instructions so info on what each wire means and where it should hopefully go to is extremely appreciated!

still tryna learn as much as I can about rbs and all the little bits with it so even little bits of info is amazing!

Thanks again!

Ron.

On 17/02/2022 at 7:12 AM, BiggestRon22 said:

about rbs and all the little bits

in the sump, oil pump and head when your stock oil pump grenades from the violent and uncontrolled ignition cuts caused by the Bee R oil pump, valve train destroyer.

I'll be honest with you, if you want bang bangs - get a proper ECU where you can gradually cut ignition and also inject more fuel in to cool down your valve train + make the bangs bangs (if you desire). Those Bee R things are just horrid, absolutely just garbage.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:24 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

in the sump, oil pump and head when your stock oil pump grenades from the violent and uncontrolled ignition cuts caused by the Bee R oil pump, valve train destroyer.

I'll be honest with you, if you want bang bangs - get a proper ECU where you can gradually cut ignition and also inject more fuel in to cool down your valve train + make the bangs bangs (if you desire). Those Bee R things are just horrid, absolutely just garbage.

Ahhh fair enough thank you for that! Already got the limiter comin In and don’t plan on using much and do plan on the ecu to do that stuff later on just waiting till I have more parts for the ecu :)

On 2/16/2022 at 2:53 PM, GTSBoy said:

Listen to this man ^, and the man in the other thread, and also don't start multiple threads on the same website for the same question.

Bee R's are dumb engine destroyers.

Do apologize for making multiple posts kinda thought having it in different sections would be okay cause different people would be seeing it rather than the stag section that sees 1 or 2 posts a month, and yeah as I said don’t plan on using it much cause I don’t plan on blowing the thing but don’t mind hurting the motor a lil bit. (Would like to do a rebuild on it anyways) Do appreciate the info tho cause yah helps me out a lot as I’m still learning!
:) thanks again guys! 

On 2/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Skip the Bee R, just sell it.

See screen grab below, there's no way a Bee R gives you this kind of control.

image.thumb.png.ec88ccce36201f3cc54d3d8ad624530e.png

Not necessarily looking for control atm because my car is essential stock with a modified exhaust and no cats, just looking for some fun for a moment even if it hurts the motor :)  

probably sounds quite dumb and honestly won’t disagree cause it 100% is but I don’t mind, I enjoy doin the stupid things even with the risks, cut up my intake last week and didn’t know if I was gunna get my car on the road for work hahah.

Also probably will sell it, I’m getting it for quite cheap so don’t mind letting it go eventually but do plan on puttin in other cars later on!

also I’m guessing that was pulled from a haltech?? Just wondering because it looks like a very simple interface and trying to decide going haltech or link ecu when the time comes! And yes do plan on the bang bangs with the proper ecu and tune! Just been something I always liked to hear.

also thank you again and prolly will keep thanking y’all for the info, I’m young and dumb so everything helps me learn! 

Edited by BiggestRon22
Forgot to add a bit

Just warning you :)

At the end of the day it's up to you if you want to lunch your motor! If you were wiring this to a 1JZ or 2JZ then it wouldn't be so bad, but everyone knows on this forum aggressive rev limiter & stock RB motors don't mix.

And yes, it's a Haltech - I personally prefer working with them however what you like is very subjective. I prefer the user interface vs. say of a Link. Sure Link has more features, however most of the features most people (including myself) don't really need.

It's like getting a flashy MoTec then not running traction, DBW, inputting telemetry, fuel modelling, etc. 

On 2/16/2022 at 4:15 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Just warning you :)

At the end of the day it's up to you if you want to lunch your motor! If you were wiring this to a 1JZ or 2JZ then it wouldn't be so bad, but everyone knows on this forum aggressive rev limiter & stock RB motors don't mix.

And yes, it's a Haltech - I personally prefer working with them however what you like is very subjective. I prefer the user interface vs. say of a Link. Sure Link has more features, however most of the features most people (including myself) don't really need.

It's like getting a flashy MoTec then not running traction, DBW, inputting telemetry, fuel modelling, etc. 

Ahhhh fair enough man man thank you for that, yeah I know what you mean the jzs definitely can take more of a beating than the rbs haha, won’t be doin it more than like 10 times over a few months cause yeah proper ecu is the way to go.

yeah I’ve been looking at ecus and can’t really decide, I really like how the haltechs do have the simpler interface and from what I know a lot of tuners know how to tune them as well, but yeah definitely looking at the link mostly because it would be cheaper and does the same thing but mostly just for the price, first pick was a haltech so maybe I’ll bite the bullet and save up a little bit more so if I need to go in there and do a small tweak it’s not like opening Pandora’s box yknow hahah.

also I’m looking at the plug and play ecus from link and haltech, I’m guessing the platinum pro would do just fine even tho they are older, not completely looking for the launch control and the other trinkets the elite 2000/2500 has but with that said the link I believe has those features for the same price. Guessing it’s more which one I want more but wouldn’t mind getting some extra options on the three ecus (again it’d be the haltech platinum pro/elite2000 or the link g4x)

as I keep saying thank you for all the info man!