SAU Community

WRX track day at sandown on this sat. 14/8

FLYGTR

Due to a few SAU members turning up to the calder evant i though i would just post up the details as there are 3 entrants for saturdays club day

Lee Wilson A Nissan Skyline

Patrick Yu A Nissan Skyline

Frank Piccioni A Nissan GTR

Franks car is a real weapon and is well driven usually resulting in the fastest time for the day ( rexy boys are close though) , if you want to see a well modified R33 GTR in action it could be well worth the effort.

adam

use the events section next time :P

you'll get more people lokoing at that as thats where this stuff resides (id move it myself if i was a moderator of this area)

Also, maybe a bit more details... location (melways) times etc etc

Might help for exposures sake - ash

if snowy can get his car to actually work im sure he wouldnt mind going... thats if he can get the clutch problem fixed in less than 3 months LOL jk andrew

Both me and Roy were looking at attending this day (because Roy said 1:25's around Sandown would be easy and he's never even been there before!) - but that damn thing was sold out in a few days and we missed out.

And my car is better already. Thanks to ylwgtr2 for having a "spare" clutch and for Gerald who has hardly done anything other than work on my car / clutch / gearbox in the last few weeks. haha.

...because Roy said 1:25's around Sandown would be easy and he's never even been there before.

:Oops: It was actually 1:20s that i thought would be easy :P

LOL... to clarify i did say 1:30s should be easy in a Skyline with susp work, no speed limiter and sticky rubber.... 1:25s were the target time that i would hope i could get near after driving round and round hundreds of times...

And i am having another std RB20 thrown in my car, so will still get to test my theories, and you get to laugh at me when i cant get under 1:30sec :Oops:

Bah I could do 1:20's in an excel.
If it was towed by Bens GTR.....

BTW is it a Sydney fetish to waste money on brakes?? ROY?????

I find mine are pretty good with racebrakes pads and slotted fronts (not DBA, $560 a set of 4 discs), but I do service them a lot and regularly get a few little bubbles. They feel squishy straight away so I know when they need treatment.

So who wants to go for a look?

BTW is it a Sydney fetish to waste money on brakes?? ROY?????

I find mine are pretty good with racebrakes pads and slotted fronts (not DBA, $560 a set of 4 discs), but I do service them a lot and regularly get a few little bubbles. They feel squishy straight away so I know when they need treatment.

Yeh my brakes have alway held up well, no probs, but i have never put 220+rwkws and sticky rubber at them and have always had a speed limiter...so have never really asked them to handle much abuse. Will find out soon enough at Phillip Island.

Does anyone know how Phillip Island is on brakes, looking at the layout i wouldnt think it is nearly as hard on brakes as Sandown. Meh brakes only slow you down anyway :(

As for modesty, hell i let everyone know just how bad a driver i am, put your money down on me spinning a few times everytime i go the track, im a sure thing :(

So who wants to go for a look?

I'm going to try and get down there, but only a 20% chance... for some reason I thought it was Sunday, from the Maserati club calendar of events

Planned for sunday and was free too :)

Roy, I've never been to PI myself but everyone whom has been there has given me one simple bit of advise.

"Make sure you have good brakes". I agree it seems to be rather flowing but not having been there myself I guess you just have to listen to the advice of other who have.