Aussie R31 discussion...

predator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RB30s dont deserve to be anchors , RB25s do :cheers:

Wasnt the rb30 a folk lift motor ???

Dunno about forklifts but it was in the Patrol in carburetted form.

Andrew, I don't think its god, just good :) Anyway, I still have love for the '31s, you just get some better reactions when you bag a car than praise it. And secretly I did want to turbo my TI, talked to Grizzlor a lot about his conversion. I just think they'd be better with the JDM rear end, James (from the bbq) GTS2 handles really nicely as does Shannons Pintara but I think they'd be better again with IRS.

Shannons car with its Y31 coilover conversion is my aim for the DR30, I'm in front as far as mechanical grip goes I think but mine is a lot sloppier and new bushes and heavier sway bars would allow me to use the tyres even better

the dash in total haha i hate my aus spec one

btw, love your 31

strangley enough  

i was going to paint mine blue

i had those exact rims at home... didnt fit the autospolier...

i went red, sold rims to mate, im regretting it bad , yours is hot!

Thanks dude, funny enough it's a Pintara. I'll show you some pics of it in a few weeks when some new body parts are painted and fitted. It will look a lot more sexier.

With regards to yours, I reckon you should keep it (mmmm 25t r31 :cheers:) and for your reference. The paint I used is Moody Blue & a Mica twopac

Where about's in Perth are ya? I moved to QLD a 1 1/2 ago, I was lived in Ocean Reef, near Joondalup

As for handling, do some research, don't trust anyone, believe half of what your told and filter the rest. There are some great books on handling and it's not as simple as just lowering and firmer springs and shocks and sway bars, as some would suggest. Remember, they are trying to sell you something and not necessarily the best for your car.

thanks for the tip mate. I don't know what makes you think that I know nothing about cars nor handling, I always make sure I know what i'm doing before I do it. So if I don't know, I do alot researching :cheers:

Sorry Rezz, but somehow I've become the instigator when all I've been trying to do is explain something which is rather black and white, so I'm going to quote Ghostrider one more time... just for old times sake.

So as you can see, I was only acting on his request. :)

Unless of course it was a rhetorical question to begin with.

.....and to the people who think Ti's are slow, we have at least 2 Ti's (RB30ET) here in Victoria which are pulling low 12 - high 11 1/4 mile times, with all electrics intact.   :cheers:

SKY031

Official Freak

Name: ~K

Car(s): R31 Ti

Trader Rating: (2)

Photos: 21

what IS your problem?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why ask something if you don't want to hear the answer?

Why belittle someone by saying "why would you?" in regards to certain modifications?

If someone chooses to do something to their car, they can.

Get over it.

If you have a problem with me, then take it up with either myself or christian.

Just because I'm a moderator doesn't mean im not allowed to post.

~K

R31 Skyline Club

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF.

Sorry my ass!

This landed in my PM inbox 31.12.2004 from Karina.

I have never responded to it, but chose to show everyone that she is never going to let it go, doesn't matter what her fellow moderators say, or even Rezz, a super moderator and as you have all read he just gave up.

The PM in it's entirety has been forwarded to 3 moderators and Administration.

A lot of people on this forum think I'm just an old wanker, that shoots his mouth of with no credentials to back it up, but let's set some records straight.

I have 2 engineering degrees, yet made more money from Security Consultancy, the last contract being chief security consultant to 6 hotels in Bali after the bombing, and have now retired at 55.

This last quote of mine from Karina, DOES NOT COME FROM THIS THREAD.

It came from a thread started by Predator, in FOR SALE (Private Car Parts & Accessories) on 21.12.04 under R31 Turbo Conversion Parts (Gold Coast) so to quote me, she had to search all my posts, as I did.

Make up your own mind as to who the aggressor is!

She wants us to believe "SHE ISN'T THE INSTIGATOR" but just a poor misguided individual trying to explain something which is rather "BLACK & WHITE" and that she was only acting on my request.

BULLSH!T, BULLSH!T, BULLSH!T

She is a problem and a trouble maker.

The quote "please explain to this dumb ass old fart etc, etc."

Somebody please show me where she has explained ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where has she provided any ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How have I "belittled" cazz, as I'm sure she doesn't think the same way.

Where did I ever say she (cazz) couldn't do any mods to her car?

And "get over it" ....... I have, and let it go, but it's obvious Karina can't, because she is trying to move the sh!t fight into the PM arena.

Somehow I think she has a very loose grip on the english language, as she has no idea what the meaning of words are.

"JELLY WRESTLING"" that could be fun, from what I have been told she could do that all on her own. AND her alter ego, is it superwoman, or just something that chases cars and goes WOOF, WOOF.

This is my last word on this subject and all and any further correspondence will be forwarded to the moderators and administration.

AND I SINCERELY APOLOGISE TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS FOR MY ACTIONS AND STATEMENTS DURING THE COURSE OF THIS ENCOUNTER, THEY WERE MADE IN HASTE AND I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO MAKE SURE IT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN.

these are just a few of the pics i dont use on antilag of my dirty 31

www.antilag.com/personal/tom/my31

i hope there is some you like there  

all pics are on private property too :rofl:

Andrew, im from mirrabooka way, so not too far away from you.

i will be now chasing a lip like yours for the front, and will probobly hack the bar open this week, it needs it.

hmmmm Tom, I love this pic

1%2520(27)%5b1%5d.jpg

Sometime this year I will be driving back to Perth and seeing lots and lots of old mates. I'll let you know when this happens so we could go on a cruise

When I was over in Perth, I never saw a hr31. I never knew there was decent 31's in Perth.

hmmmm Tom, I love this pic

1%2520(27)%5b1%5d.jpg  

Sometime this year I will be driving back to Perth and seeing lots and lots of old mates. I'll let you know when this happens so we could go on a cruise

When I was over in Perth, I never saw a hr31. I never knew there was decent 31's in Perth.

dude, my 31 is average compared to a few others here

perths best 31 is about to be unleashed.... pm MrMayhem, id say his 31 is one of he best in aus let alone perth

also dceive, aka nick, awesome 4 door

but yeah i got more pics like that... :rofl:

dude, my 31 is average compared to a few others here

perths best 31 is about to be unleashed.... pm MrMayhem, id say his 31 is one of he best in aus let alone perth  

also dceive, aka nick, awesome 4 door

but yeah i got more pics like that... :)

Mine's pretty average. You should get MrMayhem to post some pics of his here, but I don't know if it would be the best. Fatz's hr31 is like sex on wheels!!

if you've got more pics like that, post em.

:)