SAU Community

Aussie R31 discussion...

predator

Oh, just to add fuel to a near extinguished fire from earlier...

The Aussie R31 is often lighter than all but the most poverty specced jap ones.

My s3 GX sedan weighs in at 1280kg - wow, heavy..........

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very interesting, as it's 40kg lighter than the factory minimum spec.

Factory specs are kerb weight, with a full tank of fuel, and 1 passenger ghostrider.

That's very interesting, as it's 40kg lighter than the factory minimum spec.

Thats what she weighs, checked more than once. I would imagine the factory weight is as cazz said, and probably for the most optioned, heaviest version.

Its been discussed before, but I think a stripped (ie for the track) 4 door aussie 31, based on a GX, with no aircon, no power steer and an SR20DET transplant would go close to 1100kg, maybe even under...

Thats what she weighs, checked more than once.  I would imagine the factory weight is as cazz said, and probably for the most optioned, heaviest version....

You may be correct, but the training manual says GX 1320M/1340A, GXE 1330M/1350A, Ti 1420, SE 1395M/1415A

makes you wonder what our hr30's would weigh in at once stripped, its great knowing they start at 1150kg :wassup: , i'm looking forward to driving the hr30 on a more everyday basis but i love my r31 4door aus spec beast.... :D

Since the R31 forums are down I will post here :D

I installed Koni's into the rear the other week and it made the ride so stiff.Yesterday i put the fronts in and they are Z31 inserts(yellow not red) put in mport R31 struts with Oz r31 tops.

These are adjustable from the top by turning the knob and make it go from stiff to rock hard stiff :).It feels like a race car on the roads and goes around corners like a demon.

yeah.. i have an early r31 gx.. and it feels and handles a fair bit lighter than 1380kg. I've driven a few cars, you can feel the difference usually. One day if i can find a weighbridge I'd give a try. Even my spare bloody weighs 20kg!

Working on the handling for an r31 would be one I'd love to do as I really think their handling is a little underrated. With a few upgrades I'm sure they would not be far behind many of the imports.

Unfortunately just don't have the money to throw at it :D When the springs go (I think they may have already!) I might go for some whiteline springs. They're cheap, should make a difference.

Got a nice shot of my car on the trip back from melb.. looked great that low at the back, wish it was that low all the time.. pity it was only coz of a gearbox in the back and said stuffed springs :)

1332r31champion.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Ti back turbo converted toady w00t. Very nice, will have the FMIC and piping done in the next month or so, will keep you posted for those who care. Its a nice little sleeper with the quietest 3" exhaust your eva gonna hear on a turbo car. Can't wait to have my first traffic light drag and impress someone who thinks its just an old farts Franco Cozzo Ti.

Good aye might be a bit late on the scene

1987 Silhoutte 5spd. 16'7s and 16'8s.

Is all standard bar a cd player.

Just doing the suspension now, Nolethane bushes, Noltec adjustable strut tops, Whiteline 27mm swaybar, Not sure if i will buy there strut brace yet or get our local car guru to make one up. Custom 350lb front springs with kyb shocks and 220lb rears with Biltens out of GTS2. old but better than standard shocks. Should sit about 40mm at the front and 55mm lower at the rear.

Just using DBA slotted disc, with a bendix advance at present (because it's cheap and still works well)

I am picking all my rb30 turbo bits on friday Arvo, but i have decided to sell them straight away as the cash is needed more than the motor. So if any one wants a complete conversion Rb30e to Rb30et, with front mount, blow off valve, all piping to suit, manual ecu. Do have the turbo block as well but it needs pistons as it has cracked one. No bore damage. http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?...p?topic=19967.0.

• 9 years later...

RESURECTED FROM THE DEAD: I know this is a old post but through to much research and searching and having no luck I thought id give it a try.

75degrees sideways if your still around (hopefully) ive been chasing down that factory blue for the 31's ive been told it was a rare colour or is a rare colour to find these days I forget. ive heard mixed storys of it being a special optional extra on the ti ive heard others saying it was a optional extra on all 31's. well what im hoping is 1) you can clear this up for me and 2) you can get the name and paint code off the car fr me.

I have a younger disabled brother and hes really into cars, he used to love going for drives in my old 31 before it was stolen and destroyed, and theres a local 31 in that colour and hes always looking at it and saying how cool it looks and how he loves the colour.

so im building a 31 with him to build confidence and teach him abit about cars and I really wanna respray it in that blue be a real treat for him as the 31's were looking at are either silver brown or white so if I get it and then when hes away for a weekend or at school take it and have it resprayed to be home under a car cover to surprise him.

so if anyone can help on the colour and paint code of the blue car posted above it will be highly appreciated

RESURECTED FROM THE DEAD: I know this is a old post but through to much research and searching and having no luck I thought id give it a try.

75degrees sideways if your still around (hopefully) ive been chasing down that factory blue for the 31's ive been told it was a rare colour or is a rare colour to find these days I forget. ive heard mixed storys of it being a special optional extra on the ti ive heard others saying it was a optional extra on all 31's. well what im hoping is 1) you can clear this up for me and 2) you can get the name and paint code off the car fr me.

I have a younger disabled brother and hes really into cars, he used to love going for drives in my old 31 before it was stolen and destroyed, and theres a local 31 in that colour and hes always looking at it and saying how cool it looks and how he loves the colour.

so im building a 31 with him to build confidence and teach him abit about cars and I really wanna respray it in that blue be a real treat for him as the 31's were looking at are either silver brown or white so if I get it and then when hes away for a weekend or at school take it and have it resprayed to be home under a car cover to surprise him.

so if anyone can help on the colour and paint code of the blue car posted above it will be highly appreciated

Are you talking about Pacific glow (light blue - exec, gxe) or Midnight glow (dark blue on Ti and silos)