SAU Community

Aussie R31 discussion...

predator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He never said a GTS2 was more powerful than a VLT you fscking dumbass
Upgrade your own RB30E to GTS2 spec.... it's every bit as good as a VL Turbo...

OK...

I guess I must be missing something.

I wasn't trying to bait anyone, and I'm sorry if I made anyone cry, but apparently I'm missing the point here, so someone explain it to me.

Every bit as good doesn't mean just as powerful, it means the car will be just as fun to drive. NA is fun in the twisties, turbo isn't. A DR30 RS non-turbo would be way more fun in the hills than my turbo RSX. A VLT may have an extra 10kw over a GTS2 but I'd hazard a guess that the GTS2 engine would be way more fun.

And since you're the anti-street dragging nazi from hell on your other home, I know that you're not talking up the VLT because it would be faster from the lights.... That would be very hypocritical wouldn't it :P

Power is not the be all and end all of automotive fun, its how and where you use it.

BUT

If Cazz wants a VLT setup that doesnt give anything extra over another GTS2 setup that can be used legally, she's free to do it. I personally wouldn't because I can see no point in it, kind of like I'd never polish or spray anything under my bonnet (actually.... I don't even wash or polish anything on the outside either)

You are my prefered target, because you are disillusioned about the power of a GTS2.

Facts are this.

There is no way that a motor built to GTS2 spec has a power output greater than an RB30ET. (or RB30e+t)

You even quoted Dennis earlier when he said that a GTS2 has 140kw and a VLT 150kw.... he NEVER said anything about a GTS2 having more power than a RB30ET

Anything further PM me Eva

You blonde or something??????????? as that's what I would expect a blonde to do, she's on a loosing streak so has to resort to a dictionary for solace.
Sorry mate, with all due respect... strike 1...
You started this sh!t fight and now your out of your depth, you tried to hang me out to dry on a quote, I said that all rated horsepower is at the flywheel and the terminology "horsepower" is a term used to provide the output of a given engine and then "you said we are in Australia, not America and we talk Kw here", what's that got to do with the price of eggs in a fish market? You were trying to tell me that my talking horsepower was out of place, as we are metric in Australia.
I'm not taking sides here Ghostrider, I can see your point, but pretty please don't lower yourself to petty blonde generalizations etc.

If you are indeed as old as your bio says you are that is...

SKY031 a MODERATOR :headspin: :usuck: :bs!: :dump: :spew: :P :blah: :fart: :jester: :throwup:

That's a JOKE, they must be hard up for moderators on this site if she gets to be one.

The PM's I have describe her as a lot more colourful than that.

She should be sacked!

C'mon mate, that post is just childish.

Again, I'm not taking sides with Karina, but you call her out for "egging you on" so to speak, yet your not exactly being any more mature than what she is.

Give it a rest please. Also, this is the second time someone has PM'd me in regards to your posts... just letting you know.

OK...

I guess I must be missing something.

I wasn't trying to bait anyone, and I'm sorry if I made anyone cry, but apparently I'm missing the point here, so someone explain it to me.

I believe you couldn't see the "dollar value" in doing the cams/chip/exhaust mods to a GTS2 motor, and thought that the turbo RB30E route would be a better allocation of funds?

Whereas the other guy thought that the modded GTS2 was the perfect antidote for a 'sleeper', ie: non-turbo, retaining factory appearance under the bonnet, no BOVs/intercoolers etc, etc, etc.

There was no power figure debate intended...

ANYWAYS, what do people think of the RB25DE head swap onto the RB30 block with just the neccessary mods to complete the conversion? Worth the outlay? Or just go the whole RB25DET swap?

Hand out some warnings Jason, if they spoke to anyone else in this manner they would be banned by now.

I dont work that way.....You do the wrong thing-get told...do it again...warning points....3rd time....your out.....simple.

rezz........triple post wooooo

lol

anyone know the benifits of putting the rb25de head on the rb30e block, keeping it N/A, i'm thinking of the swap and have looked into the work side of things but am still to get info on the benifits power and drivabilty wize???

anyone know the benifits of putting the rb25de head on the rb30e block, keeping it N/A, i'm thinking of the swap and have looked into the work side of things but am still to get info on the benifits power and drivabilty wize???

Better designed head for one*....also your compression would be up....mayby too much tho....you really have to do it and then mod to suit...ie thicker gasket or dished pistons.....or you may just get away with it if you run premium and octane boost.....

Im just sayin what i know of engines and head swaps in general....for a definitave answer you would need to speek to someone who HAS done it or....find combustion chamber volumes and cylinder volumes and work it out for your self.....

*better designed intake as well

if i was to use the rb30e pistons it keeps the comp low 8.5:1 (able to turbo it) if i put the rb25de pistons in then the comp is 10.5:1, (slightly higher than the rb25de itself) i've been told to use something like an apexi safc for better fuel/air ratios, i live 50m away from a BP so ultimate is my petrol of choice....cheers.

yeah the bloke on the r31 forum i've spoken to used the rb25 pistons in the rb30e block he said they fit perfectly no problems...he uses the engine for dry lake speed runs with no problems so far?

You are my prefered target, because you are disillusioned about the power of a GTS2.

Facts are this.

There is no way that a motor built to GTS2 spec has a power output greater than an RB30ET. (or RB30e+t)

The info i pasted (oh shock horror, imagine using the internet for research purposes!) came from www.dictionary.com ...but if you pasted the words into google, you would have found that out.

It doesn't bother me a bit if people want to resort to name-calling.... I left primary school behind a long time ago. (unlike some people) :)

P.S,

If you want to quote people, learn how to use the quote function.

:D

Congratulations, I feel terribly happy for you.

Maybe I should list as quotes the content of PM's I have received about you.

Maybe you should get a grip on reality, as my only referrence to power between the two (2) was that I couldn't see the point of simply replacing a stock RB30E with an RB30ET and calling it a sleeper, as the GTS2 is rated @140Kw & the RB30ET is rated @150Kw, and as soon as it's done, the insurance goes out the door, other than Shannon's or similar other.

140Kw of normally aspirated power is every bit as good as 150Kw of turbo charged power, if not better in the same road car.

And I stick by my guns, as a moderator "YOU ARE A JOKE" and I have made these referrences to Prank, and I am not the only one supporting my moves.

By choosing to act the way you have, you have flushed your CREDIBILITY as a MODERATOR down the toilet. Moderators are SUPPOSED to be neutral and not be tempted into slanging matches as you are so often involved in.

YOU SHOULD BE SACKED

Have a nice day!