SAU Community

Aussie R31 discussion...

predator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"ALL" horsepower figures quoted by any car/vehicle manufacturer is flywheel and "IS" industry norm, for "RATED HORSEPOWER" to be at the flywheel. I would have thought any dumass would have known that.

um, that's nice.

But we don't live in America.

"We" (being the people of Australia) use the metric system.

I would have thought that any dumbass would have known that. :rofl:

It's a bit hard to gauge a comparison of figures when factory numbers are based on numbers at the fly.

I've seen plenty of RB30et setups without coolers.

Unless you look under the bonnet, you would have no idea they were turbocharged.

As far as the VLT conversion goes, you only need a cooler if you want to run more than standard boost.

30kw may look like a small amount on paper, but when you're behind the wheel you can feel the difference. (30 was just a conservative number i plucked out of the air)

This is just the starting point... I wasn't saying "you wont get more than 30kw from a turbo set up"

In fact, if 30kw was all that was gained, then something probaly isnt right.

There are also many ways to hide an intercooler so that it's not a "fashion accessory" for the car.

um, that's nice.

But we don't live in America.

"We" (being the people of Australia) use the metric system.

I would have thought that any dumbass would have known that. :)

What are you trying to say???

Next time you have a few spare seconds, go to ANY car dealership in AUSTRALIA and pick up a brochure on any car in their range and have a look at the specs.

In these specs you will find "POWER OUTPUT" or words to that effect and it will then show a figure in kilowatts.

What in hell do you think "power output" refers to? other than HORSEPOWER. Horsepower isn't metric or imperial, it's a statement of a measure.

As I just found on another thread, if you don't understand the terminology, don't shoot your mouth off, or try to take the micky out of someone that does understand.

What started all this off from you was my statement on "RATED HORSEPOWER" and all rated horsepower is at the flywheel, not delivered to the road as you want to refer.

We go to dynos and get rwhp, vehicle manufacturers do it all on engine dynos when the engines are first created on the bench and is the case in most quoted horsepower figures around the world. Metric or imperial.

Matt,

Yours stands out like the proverbial dogs and your biggest problem with being a sleeper is, you only have 2 doors.

wasn't saying it was a sleeper just that you have to look twice to see the cooler and its not a small one. :)

What in hell do you think "power output" refers to? other than HORSEPOWER. Horsepower isn't metric or imperial, it's a statement of a measure.

Horse power is the power required for the performance of work at the rate of 33,000 English units of work per minute; hence, it is the power that must be exerted in lifting 33,000 pounds at the rate of one foot per minute, or 550 pounds at the rate of one foot per second, or 55 pounds at the rate of ten feet per second, etc.

hmmmm strange... i don't see anything metric mentioned in there?

Give up.... you're tripping over yourself.

While you're at it, enquire about some anger management classes.

Horse power is the power required for the performance of work at the rate of 33' date='000 English units of work per minute; hence, it is the power that must be exerted in lifting [b']33,000 pounds[/b] at the rate of one foot per minute, or 550 pounds at the rate of one foot per second, or 55 pounds at the rate of ten feet per second, etc.

:headspin:

Very good!!!!!!!

What dictionary did you get that from, ahhhhhhh!!! let me guess,

The Macquarie Dictionary, 3rd edition, Australia's National Dictionary, page 1034, paragraph 22.

You show amazing resilience, you actually have the fortitude to look up the meaning of a word in a dictionary and then be a typical woman and quote this meaning TOTALLY out of context.

You blonde or something??????????? as that's what I would expect a blonde to do, she's on a loosing streak so has to resort to a dictionary for solace.

You started this sh!t fight and now your out of your depth, you tried to hang me out to dry on a quote, I said that all rated horsepower is at the flywheel and the terminology "horsepower" is a term used to provide the output of a given engine and then "you said we are in Australia, not America and we talk Kw here", what's that got to do with the price of eggs in a fish market? You were trying to tell me that my talking horsepower was out of place, as we are metric in Australia.

Let me tell you this, long before you were born, Australia with it's English heritage quoted everything in HP, which is a fictitous figure that bares no resemblance to fact and hence, the motoring industry dropped it for something more realistic. Power, or power output was and is now used, be it in Kw or BHP, it's still a "power output figure".

Why can't you accept what is fact and why am I your preferred target, someone else in this thread referred to you as a "moron" for not understanding what I meant, yet I don't see you attacking them.

What's your problem???????

Go away and get some facts, or better, just something intelligent to say before you establish yourself as a "LEGEND IN YOUR OWN LUNCH TIME"

Who cares.....

I would much rather a VLT setup then my GTS2 motor, more power to start with, and more power is easy to come by, my friend's VLT setup on a NA block has 226rwhp with just cooler/3"zorst and some boost.

screw the topic...knock it off the pair of you....sky031 u should know better ur a mod remember?

SKY031 a MODERATOR :headspin: :usuck: :bs!: :dump: :spew: :( :blah: :fart: :jester: :throwup:

That's a JOKE, they must be hard up for moderators on this site if she gets to be one.

The PM's I have describe her as a lot more colourful than that.

She should be sacked!

why am I your preferred target..blah blah blah  

Go away and get some facts

You are my prefered target, because you are disillusioned about the power of a GTS2.

Facts are this.

There is no way that a motor built to GTS2 spec has a power output greater than an RB30ET. (or RB30e+t)

The info i pasted (oh shock horror, imagine using the internet for research purposes!) came from www.dictionary.com ...but if you pasted the words into google, you would have found that out.

It doesn't bother me a bit if people want to resort to name-calling.... I left primary school behind a long time ago. (unlike some people) :D

P.S,

If you want to quote people, learn how to use the quote function.

[quote]Text goes in here, it's not rocket science.[/quote]

;)