SAU Community

Stagea Dyno Results

Sydneykid

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone here replaced their turbo's with on thats been highflowed from this thread?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=131723

If so what kinda results did you get, l'm contemplating getting one as the price is damn good!!

Tangles has one on, not tuned yet though, sounds like he is very happy so far.

Thats right, its an awesome turbo.

Getting tuned next month (Feb 07), in rwd, expect 240rwkw at 1bar, or thereabouts

Pulls god damned hard at 13.5psi tho :) (at 14psi R&R kicked in)

Spins up onto boost really really well at 13.5, so at 15psi I expect it to be a bit of a ball tearer.

Will post the AFR's and dyno graph for the SITC/SAFCII tuned Slide turbo'd Stagea, ASAP

Got a better copy of my dyno sheet now:

I have extensively changed the settings since it was tuned as it drove like shit with the tuner's settings.

Waaay too much R&R which i have now smoothed out with extra SAFC/SITC tweaks.

Mods:

3" exhaust dump back

SAFC2

SITC

Pod filter

Profec B S2

Running 11.5-12psi

dynosmall.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my stag retuned at BoostWorx here in SA.

Actually they only have a 2WD dyno so we drove over to Turbo Tune (5 mins away) to use their 4WD dyno. Shaun from BoostWorx still did all the work however, we just borrowed their dyno for a bit.

Not a bad result, since it was tuned by another guy only a few months ago.

Gained an extra 10kw at the top end and some nice gains in the midrange.

AFR's were sitting below 11:1 but are now a nicer 12:1.

The extra 10kw is basically due to ignition timing however the safc tuning improved the midrange somewhat.

Here's the pics...

(Max 158kw and note this is at all 4 wheels)

post-23960-1172104487.jpg post-23960-1172104503.jpg

I left the boost at 11-12 psi since I was happy with the power output and more boost would only affect the top end.

All in all it is still a bit laggy but with a big turbo like the GT30 its to be expected. Full boost seems to be around 4500rpm or thereabouts, although it starts winding up around 2500rpm. Its not all bad though, because cruising around off-boost saves on fuel :)

P.S. I do have the graph showing the official reading "157.9kw" but the other two graphs I have shown above were more meaningful - showing boost and AFR's. :)

Edited by pixel8r

I AGREE WITH HIM!!!! TOO EASY!

GCG TURBO

3" EXHAUST,DUMP AND CAT

WALBRO INTANK 500HP FUEL PUMP

ELECTONIC BOOST CONTROLLER 7, 10 AND 16PSI

INTERCOOLER

203.8KW! :)

With the exact same mods, me and FLYSLY both made between 158-160awkw.

With the exact same mods, me and FLYSLY both made between 158-160awkw.

But i have not got the in tank pump yet alex, that will come within the month! and i was only running 12psi or so

Pixel8r : Looks like a boost controller would give you a decent hp bonus as your boost is falling off like the standard turbo.

I really need a better turbo that doesnt fall off after 5krpm :D

Yeah I know.

Otherwise i'd be happy to put up with the current boost controller but just up the boost a couple psi so it AVERAGES 11-12psi rather than just pokes at it initially... :(

but a decent boost controller costs a lot of money and mine cost $30 off ebay so I'm not complaining at all :(

Its a needle valve type (same as the $22 boost controller on this forum) so fairly reliable too.

My GT30 turbo really wants more boost than I give it (would be most efficient around 14-18 psi i'm guessing), but I'm moving interstate and will be training to rekindle my career in IT so once again the car is pushed further down the priority list :yes:

The biggest thing I noticed from my last tune is that I gained 10kw mainly through ignition timing - and the combination of ignition timing and more efficient tune with the SAFC has made the car noticeably more responsive right throughout the rev range. The car just feels a lot faster with more get up and go. I'm loving it ;)

$150 well spent! If anyone in SA has not been to boostworx yet, GO THERE. Your car will love you for it :(

got the car on the dyno today and still had some issues on higher boost with misfiring, it was upto 22psi and managed 584rwhp (436rwkw) but it was getting worse the hotter it got so boost was turned down to 18psi and managed 545rwhp (407rwkw), its still got the misfire issues and its wiring related so its getting a full check over to see whats the problem in the next few days.

still goes alright and has no trouble smoking tyres in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear now (in 2wd) :laugh: and its damn loud when revving out :laugh:

heres the final dyno graph as it is now...

IMG_2656edited.jpg

Edited by CruiseLiner