SAU Community

Stuff to do on my R32 GT-R when it arrives

I'm looking for some help compiling a list of things to do when my car arrives from japan, i'm not completely familiar with the workings of a GT-R, but i have a complete service manual and pretty good mechanical ability, so i will probably be able to do most things myself.

Here is the list i have so far, if anyone can think of something i am missing, or suggest brands for oil etc. i would greatly appreciate it. i'm planning on spending a fair bit of time to make sure this car is right!

The list so far:

- engine oil + oil filter

- diff oil

- coolant

- brake fluid (replace?)

- power steering fluid (replace?)

- replace timing belt (no idea when this was last done)

- inspect brake subsystem (all piping, discs, pads etc.) and replace / repair if necessary

- i will need to replace the intercooler anyway (it's broken) so while i'm at it i was thinking i might remove all intercooler piping and clean, possibly while the piping is off inspect turbos (check for shaft play, oil leaks etc.) they are GT2530's

- compression test?

- check valve-cam clearance?

Anything else / comments?

-Patrick

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like you bought that dark coloured GTR that prestige had listed! that thing is rated decently in the power department.

You also might want to check the rubber bushes for wear, alignment of all the suspension geometery and injectors.

Seeing as it took a hit in the front, I would also pay particular attention to the alignment of everythin in the front and check the engine / gearbox mounts.

hope it all goes well - looked like a few extras were there but not listed :rolleyes:

Get yourself an Oil Filter Relocation Kit at the same time, so that while you are fixing the front you can put the filter in a place that will allow you to easily change oil.

Suspension Bushes, cheap and will do your body good.

Diff oil, and Gearbox oil would also me on my list.

this is my list....

Engine flush

Radiator flush

Engine Oil

Gearbox oil

Transfer Oil

Front Diff Oil

Back Diff Oil

Power Steering Fluid

Coolant

Spark Plugs

Airfilters

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

Windscreen Wipers

Brake Fluid

brake pads

Tyres

Alarm

injector service

turbo timer

thats all for now i think

steve

sounds like you bought that dark coloured GTR that prestige had listed! that thing is rated decently in the power department.  

You also might want to check the rubber bushes for wear, alignment of all the suspension geometery and injectors.  

Seeing as it took a hit in the front, I would also pay particular attention to the alignment of everythin in the front and check the engine / gearbox mounts.

hope it all goes well - looked like a few extras were there but not listed ;)

Yep, got the gunmetal grey one with the GT2530's..

Actually here's another question, does that look like a stock GTR cooler to you? here's the pictures:

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/?/au/...sp?StockID=2598

I would have expected it to have an aftermarket one if the amount of money they claim has truly been spent..

it's going to cost a bit to get on the road though :rolleyes: but it will be worth it!!

Is there a way to check if the turbos are in good condition? As far as the claimed power is conerned i will believe it when i dyno it, but it should be good for ~400kw

-Patrick

to tell you the truth i have no idea where it is, but somewhere between now and 5 weeks away it will have been over alot of water :D

It will be on the boat soon.. my car description is not 100% correct, sorry :)

-Patrick

yikes... that's not a happy car... possible frontend chassis damage, FMIC split apart in 4 different places in the pics. I dunno dude, might be more trouble than its worth.

I guess its not too hard to repair, all the best. Must've been some serious problem though if the owner decided not to repair it. I'd be sus.

Ummmm Funky might have a point.

The engine and mods would make this car go like the wind but dam... its needs some cleaning and work done do it. It's like the '2 dolla hooka working on the corner' of skylines, she's ruff on the outside but she rides it mighty hard on the inside. lol. Get her *the r32* on the rehabilitation program and you might be able to bring this betty back to high society, so much potential. Good luck with it! I'm sure it'll turn out sweet!

Cheers,

hippy: engines get dirty.. some people don't have the time to clean them i guess..

geno8r: mmm i will clean it up so nice you could eat off it..

predator: there is no way i would classify this car as a wreck.. and at least it hasn't been cheaply tarted up..

pentae: thankyou for your support.

Come on guys, have a look at the front guards - straight as a die, how bad could the damage be. I can see a FMIC, front bar, possibly bar support and left hand indicator. Apart from this, there *may* be some underbody damage if the car went over a big rock or something like that, although the sideskirts look undamaged..

hardly a wreck :D

It's my baby..

-Patrick

Yeh its not a total wreck, just know your going have to whack x amount of money into it ontop of the initial purchase price, & seeing its an import you would have got it very cheap anyway so that will give you some money to spare & you'll get the car looking and going the way it should be :D