SAU Community

TINT? any one do it?

razar

has anyone here got darker then legal tint and if so have you had any problems with our friends in blue? :run:

I'm wanting to get tint this week as my r33 doesnt have any tint presently

I never realised there was this many options for tint, Black, Charcole, Darker then legal, Mirror

what do you guys think would look best on a silver 97 r33?

Im thinking either a dark tint or possibly mirror

cheers

adam

the charcoal tinting looks like alot of the new cars.. so it updates the cars look straight away.. mirror is tricky cos of the reflectivity of the film etc and how much is too much reflection etc. black if done right looks smicko

but its too hard to see out alot of the time at night..

DARKER THAN LEGAL is straight forward isnt it

i would go with the smoky charcoaly one that is slightly reflective..

hmmm combo tint

Legal tint is 35% visibility . (cops can test this)

If your interior is dark, an illegal tint such as 20% or 5% visibility will get you in trouble as the car will appear darker. That said, if your interior is dark then a legal tint will be complimented. I have had 5% (limo) and i got a yellow sticker. Illegal tint is more inconvenience than its worth.

Mirror tint either comes in 35% (legal) or fully reflective. Fully reflective will get you done for sure. Apparently fully reflective is a bit annoying aswell because it can reflect from the inside making it hard to see out. Even with my legal reflective tint i was getting reflections of my dash on my side window at night time.

I just got legal reflective tint done, and i like it much more than any tint i have gotten previously, although it costs $50 more.

peter garden in ballajura didi all my tinting requirements, can do any darkness down to 95%, and is still the best quality work ive ever seen

Garden Peter

..Wndw Tintng Ballajura 6066 (08) 9249 9496

Peter Garden Window Tinting

Perth 6805 0439 877 978

Peter Garden is my uncle...

he does all his work from home

as has done so for the last 20 + years haha

this is what he has done all his life and he knows his stuff

ps he has since moved from ballajura to morley

give him a call on 0439 877 978 and tell him his nephew Adam passed on the number

majority of his work is darker than legal and can also go to the extreem of doin your windscreen haha

cheers

Adam

raasclat is on point. I got the tint just after the darkest legal...i believe its 30 or 25%...cant remember exactly. But my interior is black and the guy suggested the one i got was perfect. Apparantly as long as cops can see a siloette of a person, they more than likely wont pull you over. I have had it for about 4 months and havent been pulled over yet.

I got it done at sun pro in ossy park...cheapest i could find. It was $220 including removing the old tint!

I have a little darker than legal too, not sure exactly as it was on the car when I bought it, but I've been pulled over twice (at night) and they put a torch though the windows (to look what's in the back I guess) and never said anything about the tint.