SAU Community

What 550cc Injectors should I go for?

Cubes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by some quick research, so long as you have quad pintle injectors like HKS/Nismo/Apexi then you should have zero problems with idle and fuel economy. It seems the RX7 and SARD injectors are the non-DOHC friendly types and thus you get what you pay for. It seems people with SR20s have had no problems with 740cc quad pintles!

joel mate rx7 ones are fine the spray is pretty much a stream as you say but this is due to the pinttle cap hole being to narrow you need to use toyota ones and drill them out slightly but the patter is quite narrow as opposed to your nismo quad pinttle varieties, but 550cc is small so the differences will be quite small....Also some of the earlier rx7 injectors will actually require you to bore the hole in your head slightly larger so be carefull what you buy if you go down that route. Personally i could never pay the ridiculous prices asked for by the jap brand injectors its bloody daylight robbery.. i use holley injectors in my car (110lbs= 1180cc Units), cause they are cheap, never fail, and alot of the product range is designed for methonol so the seals are alot higher grade but you will not get you your misty spray with these they are pretty savage but very effective!!!!

Hi Joel, I have a set of 555cc nismo injectors in my RB20. I actually had them checked for flow before i installed them and the results showed that they all flowed Exactly the same amount - 600cc. So yeah, im happy with them but i can't comment on fuel economy as i had a bigger turbo and stuff put on at the same time :D

Generally bigger turbo's under normal driving conditions result in better fuel economy as you tend to be on boost less.

Note the normal driving conditions. :D

Has the fuel consumption changed dramatically even with the mods or?!?

Generally bigger turbo's under normal driving conditions result in better fuel economy as you tend to be on boost less.  

Note the normal driving conditions. :)

Has the fuel consumption changed dramatically even with the mods or?!?

Fuel consumption has got a lot better now that i'm running the stock ecu chipped, especially for highway cruising compared with the microtech that i previously had.

I am lucky to get 300km/h to a tank now with 550cc injectors and GT30 turbo, and thats driving to work and back everyday when my car rarely sees over 80km/h or 4000rpm

One shot at "300km/h" per tank... nice effort mate :P