SAU Community

rural 'liners

wises

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just compared the two and the new one is a LOT bigger...

Don't forget our meeting on the 30th of January, at the shanty hotel (10 east of Wagga on the sturt hyway). This will be to discuss a larger overnight event for rural NSW and some others :D

Just a hiflow RB25, power aim is a modest 250 260 rwhp. Full steel, and should do the job nicely :rofl:

And thats great kam, more the merrier, and easier :)

I went to Narrandera Drags on 23rd. Got there at 10 and was gone by 12. Most sh1tful site I've ever been to. Hot, dry, dusty, hot, extra dusty, the veiwing was bloody woeful, 10 deep at the fence, no grandstands [even temporary ones would have been OK], the track was at 60 degrees away from the spectators, hot, bl00dy dusty, you could hear stuff going on, but you couldn't see diddly squat, dusty, dust everywhere and hot, no shade, and dust.

Carpark was a saltbush stubble wasteland, ground my car out a couple of times, needed my 4WD hilux.

You'd be better off going to Eastern Creek, Heathcote, or Calder, even the old Canberra strip was better [it actually wasn't too bad].

I won't be back, waste of money. And I reckon - going on the number of cars and motrobikes leaving when I was - that I'm not the only one thinking like this.

I agree with Narrandra, I arrived 11:00, was gone by 1. HEAPS of people left when I did. Had my vid carmera there and the footage I have says it all, boring, and far far away.

The drags themselves were good, and there seemed to be some fast cars having a big go (the trail bike lighting the back wheel was gold). The competitors did try and put on a showHowever if they built a dragstrip out here it might be a different story.. the carpark was like Ace Ventura in the 4wd bumping around.

The meeting on the 30th however offers all members flat parking, cool drinks and aircon. :P AND an oppurtunity to catch up with fellow liners.

Meeting at the Shanty pub on Sunday the 30th Jan start at 1200 midday.

The Shanty is located 15 kms East of Wagga Wagga on the Sturt Hyway.

The purpose - to organise a larger scale country event.

We have to think about food, drink, entertainment, and accommodation.

And, we are all different, all ages, and ethnic backgrounds etc etc etc so whatever we do we have to do for everyone.

Confirmed people:

oscar32 (Anthony)

ARM85

Tridentt150v

stolly

Kam

Wild

Sin

Robbie from Tumut, 93 'line

Junee dude

maybe Leeton fella, not sure,

Some time would people be interested in doing a cruise to Ulladulla? Which is halfway between sydney and canberra. Im right in the middle right on the beach. Really nice place here and a big carpark which would be perfect and sometimes cruises come down here to it :D

Some time would people be interested in doing a cruise to Ulladulla? Which is halfway between sydney and canberra. Im right in the middle right on the beach. Really nice place here and a big carpark which would be perfect and sometimes cruises come down here to it :D

Id be keen to cruise up from the far south coast.

Post this on the south coast thread and you may get some interest aswell:)

sweet :D So do yas wana arrange something to here some time?

We could arrange something for in a month or so.

Lets try to get some kind of date which is good for everyone. Im pretty easy so most any times as long as its a weekend.

Im trying to organise a cruise to canberra on 18th feb to go see the butterfly effect with a few mates. Im also goin up that day to get some stuff done to the car. So it can be a day mission or an overnighter - its up to you.

Im keen for a cruise on any weekend really. You name a day and date and we'll most probably be there.

Like I said previously, post this on the south coast thread as there is a few lads from Narooma who might be keen aswell.

:D

Sounds interesting guys :D Keep us posted.

I'll do the 18th though... sounds like a good date :D Crusing to Canberra, then some Braddon and whatever else the night brings..... and the butterfly effect :(

Don't forget the 30th!!!

how far away from ulladulla is the cruise on the 30th? if its not to far i might consider comeing.

Ummm I think its a fair way... According to travelmate.com it's about 440kms,

But you are more than welcome to come along! Bring a carload!!

:rave:

If anyone is interested (ARM) have a look see in my gallery, I've got a heap of the fatz drift day piccies there.

Cheers!!