SAU Community

Twilight Club Sprint @ Calder Park - Feb. 5th

Downforce

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather suddenly turned very shit!!! 12:30pm today it was 30+ degrees and now it's fcuking raining! =/ I really hope this clears up by Saturday :) I don't really want to turn it into a super fun happy sliders event...

FCUK MELBOURNE WEATHER :D

LOl...nah, im doing my best rain dance:) Its so much more fun and easy on the car in the rain..:D ... plus it means you learn so much about braking and turning on the rain, i overdrive cars in the dry, so its good for me as it makes me settle down:)

Andrew - yeah looks like i'll leave the hicas in, after speaking to Ben looks like my car will be ready Friday instead. Also I haven't got a Cams lic. number so can it be done on the day?? Let me know what needs to be done.... Sounds like your car is going to be stocking a few extra ponies?!!?! Be good to see how we go head to head on the straight!!!!

Ferni - good to see your having a go aswell, looks like the WRX boys are going to have some fierce competition with all the GTR's!!!!

Roy - if you need to transport your car to Ben's while your away, let me know!!!!!

Scotsman - now I know why u asked me a few weeks ago about my xenon headlights!!!!!

What, Andrew has cheater turbos now?!?!?!?!! LOL...this will be fun:)

Thanks for the offer Jack, and i did think about a tow...but the car should be ok, its the same tune as i had before, and its meant to be conservative...so probably no reason for me to be so paranoid:) But i am a little curious as to why the crank angle sensor is wound fully clockwise:confused:

Yeah Jack it should be good - Frank's car packs a punch too and I remember how easily he used to pull away at Phillip Island on the straights so hopefully that wont be the case anymore. Now that your engine is a lot tuffer Im interested to see what power you run.

The funny one will be Abs. He doesnt have stickies but he does have more ponies than we do so that will be an interesting comparision. None of us (except for Frank) have run at Calder before I dont believe, so the track is still unknown to me - but by looking at the picture I can see semi's being a huge benifit in that fast chicane. I reckon you may be able to take it flat out with good rubber!?!? Don't know exactly.

map2.jpg

Well actually what Ive done is simply taken the power fc out, put a wolf 3d in, played with the timing and a few other little things and now Im hoping for around 450rwkw's. Still running stock injectors, turbo's fuel pump etc of coarse.

The most expensive part was paying for the tuners from WA to come over and do it for me - but Im expecting the results to be worth the money spent.

Well actually what Ive done is simply taken the power fc out, put a wolf 3d in, played with the timing and a few other little things and now Im hoping for around 450rwkw's. Still running stock injectors, turbo's fuel pump etc of coarse.

The most expensive part was paying for the tuners from WA to come over and do it for me - but Im expecting the results to be worth the money spent.

That's an interesting power jump from around 250kw at the tyres, just change your ECU, and now ur expecting to have 450rwkw? :confused: weren't your injectors already running close to max duty?

Wolf ECU's seem to be the more popular choice in WA, hence there being more Wolf tuners over there.

So what does that mean:confused: I take it you will be running 2530s then:)

Yeh it looks like the GTST competition will be pretty close, perhaps with Ferni on std rubber and turbs we will have a carrot to chase, the rest of the GTRs will be just walking off into the distance:(

Man you would think most people here *know* about the WA tune :(

My bets on some high mount 2530's as well :)

Well based on the last winton outing when I has having a good go with an unknown pilot in James's GTR.......my car running about 210-220rwkw was equal if not a little bit more powerful than the fairly stock Golgo but everytime I changed gears down the straight he caught up a little due to the higher red-line. It was hard to say (diff drivers) but even with my stock/worn/tired suspension I was getting better speed out of the corners...

I'm hoping the wet stays with us as mine has started showing some detonation (85 - 135) on Roys hand controller. Suspicious of the O2 sensor so I'm picking up a spare for comparison.

haha i know what Andrews geting done the dirty dog, i just got back from dropping my car at bens, that wolf3d sure is impressive :(

What do you mean me being the carrot to chase? i can't drive for shit so i'm sure i'll be chasing you gtsts, the other GTR's will be seeing my tail lights...............

as they overlap me :)

I has having a good go with an unknown pilot in James's GTR.......my car running about 210-220rwkw was equal if not a little bit more powerful than the fairly stock Golgo but everytime I changed gears down the straight he caught up a little due to the higher red-line.  It was hard to say (diff drivers) but even with my stock/worn/tired suspension I was getting better speed out of the corners...

Unknown pilot????? - hmmm... could have been me driving Ant - and let's face it I didn't do Golgo any justice on the track at Winton - but hey on the other hand, could have been Leewah, so I dunno..........