SAU Community

Twilight Club Sprint @ Calder Park - Feb. 5th

Downforce

Geoff - you have a seat BOLT through the mount so thats fine.

But yes - they were funny on the whole shoes thing. We were asking the same thing last night - if I can wear a cotton long sleve shirt then why wont cotton socks suffice!? The guy that is the head scrutineer we have seen before at other clubs for scruteneering.

And if you want to argue the point with them - as I know you love to do - feel free. But it's their event and their rules so....

As a club they are being very accomidating to us. Arranging for us to get to run together etc - including in the super sprints. So I don't have any problems conforming to what they want. Also I don't have any problems asking for flaggies from the club to help run the events and keep the entry costs down. They have a club rule that you cannot win any of their championships unless you have waved a flag at some stage during the year. This includes all WRX Club members. I have said as a club I would try and maybe do the whole event at Morwell - because I wont be encouraging SAU guys to run that round. It has been taken off our club championship for this reason.

But some other people may like to have a session or two as a flaggy in other rounds - especially if they are just spectating - and taking photo's. There is no better way to get close to the action.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on all of that mate, really, but on the single bolt that will allow deformation of the bracket and possible loss of capture I disagree. My point, and educated view is 2 self tappers is better than one bolt. Still, if one bolt is fiine then a self tapper as well won't rock the boat, so most of out guys will be fine.

BTW I just bought a pair of sparco suede racing shoes, non fire retardant for $77 delivered, buy it now on eBay :P

Well Geoff - if you got some driving shoes I doubt you will regret it. Last year I bought some Addidas race shoes and the sole is so fine - and the "feel" of the car is consequently so superior over my runners I used to wear that I now hate driving my car in any other shoes!

So now - who's going to be the first one to get a race suit!!? LOL.

Gotta remember mate, I did all this in the late 80's with open wheelers and sports sedans. OK they were the entry level models but still needed the suit, shoes balaclava and gloves.

Difference between race shoes and volleys is almost nil in terms of feel and pedal grip. I certainly recommend a pair of light leather race gloves though. The Army Helo pilots gloves I have are nomex with leather palm and the grip and control on the wheel is second to none.

Race suits are hot and heavy and expensive, and a good cotton overall is just as good. Might see if Army will give me a new set of nomex flying suits in trendy olive drab.

I recall there may be a move soon by CAMS to require a minimum of one piece cotton for all speed events so I think I'll start looking.

So shoes really make that big a difference. Oh well, good thing im made of money...not:(.

As for Racing suit, lol...lets see someone wear one for 2 minutes and tell me they are cool and comfortable. I tried on a friends and so help me god you wouldnt get me in another in a hurry:(

Australia day looks like being a great day, BRI-58Y will ride again.

This will be fun, no more drinking the night before, perhaps this new pre-track day ritual will brake the run of bad luck:thumbsup:

Australia Day is hopefully the day i clean your garage up and drive off into the sunset:thumbsup:...with my shiny new brakes:)

A drink perhaps, but no more flogging myself senseless on the drink...thats just not cricket:) More a relaxed steady pace like New Years:)

Ok... but you cant tell me i was in near the state NYE that i was at the Wang:alcoholic:

My NYE approach to a drink was far mroe civilised then my Track Day sessions, just saying that Roy is dead, Troy lives here now:)

is there any spots left for us? i havent send my application due to waiting confirmation for all those tow hooks requirement, now that it's all sorted out, should b able to make it.

re shoes: if you don't have race shoes then why not just wear a leather shoe? the one ppl normally wear to semi casual, i know wont giv u best pedal feel but better than nothing right?

Guys,

If you have sent your entry form in before the weekend - please check this list for confirmation. (You may have to sign up to the forum to read this one) They usually update the list a few times a week. This will also tell you your competition number if you want to get that organised before hand. They have asked for numbers to be black on a white back ground. The numbers can not be placed behind tinted glass.

http://www.wrx.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?...db39326ad9650fb

Im not a member:( Was i on the list. Loom went back in last night, just waiting for a few fuses and bits and i will be able to turn it over on OZ day. Fingers crossed after dumping the fluids she will be right.

So far im up to about $300 to have fixed everything, its getting expensive though as im taking the opportunity to get some things done whilst its apart.

Other then UAS in Sydney, are there any rice shops down here selling carbon bonnets at a reasonable price? I decided against new DBAs, so may throw the money at the bonnet. Im an impulse buyer so if i find one in the next 24hrs:)