SAU Community

What would you do :: R32 Project

Inbterested to hear about your TD06-19C results. Keep us posted.:thumbsup:

Provided the tune isnt a hand grenade, and your engine isnt a liability to start with, i think you will have to be trying pretty hard to kill it:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont ask how you come across that picture pentae, but its not wrong to put a GT-R kit on a GTS or GTS-t, it improves the look of the car as a whole without making the car over the top, i'd rather see a GT-R kit on a GTS-t then an Abflug creation or something like that.

My opinion would be don't bother about the RB25DET

Just work on the RB20DET. I was happy with my GTST, till I went to the circuit, didn't feel fast enough or handle like I wanted. I was lapped by GTIRs for gods sake (JOKES :) )

my mates Evo IV made me feel like I was standing still with foot flat. here are the mods I had on my last car, I sold to some guy I haven't seen since (worries me:( ):

Engine Performance

105, 000KM's. Major service performed by just jap at 97, 000KM's. All other services done by me at regular intervals. Platinum plugs in there and gearbox oil was changed at major service.

3" exhaust from the turbo back. Dump pipe and front pipe are one piece fitted by just Jap

K & N panel filter in the standard airbox. Removed POD that was on there.

Turbo XS Dual stage Boost controller fitted and set for 11PSI on low, 15PSI on high.

Bosch 550HP fuel pump has been fitted as it was leaning out on the standard one.

HKS FMIC Kit bought from japan brand new and fitted. Front bar modified to fit.

Suspension & Braking:

Koni Adjustable Shocks and Lowered springs fitted, Height and Damper adjustable

24MM Front sway bar & 22MM rear sway bar with new D-bushes fitted, and new pin bushes

New Radius Rod bushes fitted and Full Alignment done

Front and Rear DBA 4000 Series brake rotors fitted with Bendix advance pads (last few months)

Motul 600 racing brake fluid

Calipers painted RED

New 17" Work Ryver Wheels fitted, Purchased BRAND NEW. tyres are in good condition. Wheels are, Rear - 9" wide, Front - 8" wide

Interior:

Momo steering wheel and boss kit & Nismo aluminum gear knob

Recaro Drivers seat, decent condition (also includes immaculate std drivers seat as is passengers immaculate) CRD seat covers used all times

Pioneer CD player (entry level deck)

Boston Acoustic Front 6 an a 1/2" speakers

Pioneer 6 an a 1/2" rear speakers

Alpine V-series AMP running all 4 speakers. 350WATT AMP

Greddy 52mm Boost gauge (reads to 1.5bar)

MISC:

Rear Guards Lipped to suit wider wheels

Philips 4300K light globes fitted

10% dark tint on all windows except front

Inbterested to hear about your TD06-19C results. Keep us posted.:)

Provided the tune isnt a hand grenade, and your engine isnt a liability to start with, i think you will have to be trying pretty hard to kill it:)

car lands from jap in 3 wks... the car has 180,000kms on the odo... unsure if engine is newer or not - so im going on the fact that its an ex track car, its gonna be shagged if its still using the motor it was built with...

obviously a compression test is going to prove wether im right or wrong...

if comp test comes up good - im giving it 3-4 months max before motor goes pop - then its neo-6 time :kick:

also the rb20 in my car has tomei cams (unknown duration or lift) so hopefully theyll help with the spool time... as you would know the 19c is only an 8cm exhaust housing so i will be losing a bit of top end compared to a 20/25g... this 19c should max flow at about 260rwkw on 1.5 bar... least my greddy type r bov will vent with this turbo hahaha

ill keep you guys posted

oh and on a sidenote - just temp due to the fact im a bit short on cash... 550cc FC rx7 injectors should last me a lil while for 230 odd rwkw right?

- adz

also the rb20 in my car has tomei cams (unknown duration or lift) so hopefully theyll help with the spool time... as you would know the 19c is only an 8cm exhaust housing so i will be losing a bit of top end compared to a 20/25g... this 19c should max flow at about 260rwkw on 1.5 bar... least my greddy type r bov will vent with this turbo hahaha

When you get rid of the engine, i bags the cams...seriously, contact me when you are done with them.

As for the turbo you are installing. "19C" refers to the compressor, and the 8cm refers to the exhaust housing size. The 20/25G alos refers to the compressor wheel size of other Trust turbos, but as they are all TD06 generically have the same turbine/exhaust wheel. Some are TD06, some TD06S, TD06SH etc etc.

And at the power levels you will be running i dont think the 8cm housing will hurt top end too much, especially if you have cams. The TD06 is a decent sized turbine and flows plenty of air, so i wouldnt be too worried. Im actually tryin got shop around for an 8cm housign for my TD06-20G just to compare the results with the two different sized housings:)

So your19C should be more responsive then my 20G as the compressor wheel is smaller so less inertia, and you are also running the 8cm housing rather then the 10cm housing like me.

I have never seen results of the 19C, but my 20G on a std RB20 running 16-17psi makes a comfortable 220rwkws. If the tune was not so conservative i may make a bit more power, i would be very interested if the 19C on your car makes the power you are aiming for on oump uleaded.

Forgot to mention that it now has an R34 GTR FMIC, and an Apex-i N1 GTR turbs back exhaust, plus I fitted a 1100kg 9 puck ceramic clutch.

(And no, I dont want a GTR, parts cost too much- bar a std cooler which i got for a good price, and I have enough fun in my GTS-T!)

Reliable fun :)

Steve

Pentae have u ever conisdered that people who have gtst can afford a gtr but choose not to buy one? or have you considered the reasons i am fitting the gtr bonnet and rear spoiler, that is to lower weight and increase downforce ???

or are u a narrow minded bogan whos opinion no one values anyway??? :flamed:

should be a hard one... anyone???

Although some people disagree, I think fitting GTR bits to a GTSt is ok. I prefer the GTSt rear spoiler (on a GTSt :)) but the GTR grill and bonnet looks horn on any R32.

If I'm honest with myself, if I owned an R33 GTR I wouldn't feel bad fitting a 400R bodykit to it.

Each to their own, whatever starts your engine and all. That said, I still laugh at the Civic-spec "R34 GTR" that was for sale on eBay a while back. Oh yeah, and the SerIV RX-7 on Prestige's website that has the Ferrari bodykit.... and the MR2 on J-spec with the Ferrari bodykit.... *groan*

or are u a narrow minded bogan whos opinion no one values anyway??? :flamed:

should be a hard one... anyone???

Dude, relax. Rise above having a go at people. Choose to disagree and leave it at that eh?

Mark

roy - thanks for the refresh but im fairly up to speed on trust ID figures :P

generally all 19c's came with an 8cm housing so...

but moving along - only 220kw? very conservative tune... and 16psi isnt really in the turbos efficiency range (borderline opening the door to the G spot of the turbo)

20g will max flow at about 290-300kw... so youve got another 80kw if you ever need it sitting up there in the top end (around the 24psi area)

- adz