• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to it roy

bad driving?

lol

Too much NOS bro:(

Had a heater hose spray coolant over the hot turbo resulting in small fire, mainly heat and smoke damage...so all good.

Looked at a VL wagon today as a daily driver...so tempted to go the whole hog with the car, sorry Pentae but GTR guards, aluminium bonnet, and a bigger RB engine. I fi could have the look and engine of a GTR in the GTST id be stoked.:(

Mr R32 is on th emoney on my books

damn roy - no extinguisher? although - flared guards? GTR engine? that fire must have effected the head :cheers:

mr R32.. sounds like a decent plan of attack.. similar to mine even with the rb25.. but personally i'd leave the respray and rims till last as they're very expensive and you get a very small fraction of it back at resale.

The other thing you can consider which may (although small chance) eventuate with mine, is finding a turbo that will be a good match on the RB20DET and will be fairly nice on an RB25 as well.. have some fun with the rb20 until it starts looking a bit sick, THEN go the 25 conversion and re-use the turbo until you want loftier power ambitions. The hks 2530 springs to mind there..

You could have a nice 12-13sec GTS-T, which might get little cop attention, or a pretty looking gts-t with "some" go for the $10k rims and paint would cost which might get a lot. Personally I am going "go" first and then maybe next year some show.. The choice is yours .. :)

Roy!!! Oh no... that underbonnet fire looks horrible. I hope it turns out ok.

Oh yeah, "wear the GTS-t badge with pride"!!

I have to agree, that's one nice looking gtst.. and a *REAL* shame about the fire..

I'm in the same boat right now.. I bought a stolen and recovered r32 GTS with intentions of it being a fulltime drift/drag car.. really undecided as to what i'm going to do with it.. but for the moment it's had the rb20de pulled and i'm going to drop a rb20det/rb20det box in also and slowly build up a rb30det on an engine stand in the garage..

The verdict:

stock gts-t with GTR front bar.. nice looking gts-t :)

stock gts-t with full GTR body kit.. couldnt afford a GTR?

ricers with fake GTR badging.. :headshot:

heavily modified gts-t with full GTR body kit that runs 12s.. You are worthy :boinkcar:

you know wat ill never understand people wanna put so much time and effort into a car and then worry about resale

get it through your head no matter wat you do ur gonna mod a car ur not gonna get the money back if or when u sell it.

wtf is the point of doing up a car till ur happy with it and have it the way you want it then go and sell it.

ive spent stupid amounts of money on my car and i have no plans on selling it and i dont regret any of the money ive spent.

I don't have any plans of selling my car. I am thinking about resale to keep a budget in mind. I know that money spent on mods is rarely seen again - however, I did but my car for a very low price with a plan and budget in mind...

I am also thinking about resale because Skylines aren't the easiest cars to sell, and a nice blue or purple paint job will be easier to sell than a yellow paint job.

Doesn't hurt to think ahead sometimes....

you know wat ill never understand people wanna put so much time and effort into a car and then worry about resale

get it through your head no matter wat you do ur gonna mod a car ur not gonna get the money back if or when u sell it.

wtf is the point of doing up a car till ur happy with it and have it the way you want it then go and sell it.

ive spent stupid amounts of money on my car and i have no plans on selling it and i dont regret any of the money ive spent.

Agreed. Cars are not a good investment as far as money goes. With cars, you put money in and get enjoyment out. It's an expensive hobby, but a great one.

Would you consider a "trail" front bar instead of the gtr one? Its one of the only front bars for r32s that i like along with the gtr one.

It would look different compared to every other gtst out there with a gtr front bar.

Someone on the forums has one of those front bars, its a red r32 gtst, i think he has it in his sig along with his mkiv supra.

Along with the gtr wing,some nice wheels, the paint job, i think you'd have a very nice looking gtst.

GTR Bodykit = Lame

Your car will never be a GTR so why try and make it look like one? Anyone who knows skylines will be able to pick it as a fake anyway.

maybe dey look nice dick cheese, its not about making it look like a GTR, u sound like some 13 year old kid who dont even have a skyline!

i dont think MR r32 is thinking of selling

he stated in another thread that he regreted the sale of his r32 so he bought another one

he's a R32 man 4 life now!!

:werd:

The trial bar is ok - but there are a few things I don't really like about it, like the slots on either side of the bumper.... Can see why people like it - it's just not for me.

Just to clear one thing up... I do love R32 GTR's. I could have afforeded one but was quoted $4k per year as I am only 22. I will be owning one when I turn 25 - and I will be modifying it with similar mods to this R32 (simple cooling and breathing, wheels, paint, and interior)... I love modifying cars - and could not have afforded a GTR nice enough (all the ones I like are $30k+)

The verdict...

stock gts-t with full GTR body kit.. couldnt afford a GTR?

As good as the GTR is, and it is good, part of me wishes Nissan had stayed true to the original GTR and the R31 GTSR, imagine a 1300kg RWD R32 GTR with RB26, all the alloy panels and wide fogred 16" rims, but no ATTESA...thats about my dream Skyline...shame if you want one you have to go to the expense of building one like 2 G UP is doing:thumbsup:

Because of that thinking i dont really mind if ppl dress up their GTST:), but all i really want is that front spoiler:)

maybe dey look nice dick cheese, its not about making it look like a GTR, u sound like some 13 year old kid who dont even have a skyline!

Hold on a second let me get this straight..

Your saying that by putting on a GTR body kit, its not about making it look like a GTR?

I'm confused. That makes no sense.

Then you address me as a 13 year old dick cheese? Your all class mate.,

Can someone please explain why these posers are dressing up their cars as GTRs and then calling people a dick cheese? Where did they come from?

Please?

Roy: Fair enough.. Who can not love RWD goodness?

Thats why I bought the R32 GTR with the understanding that the ATTESA fuse could be removed, right? :D

Unfortunately its a lot harder to set up on the R33/R34 I am told.

LOL...i have been in a fully sorted track R33 GTR on stickies and the grip just blew me away, would probably become very addictive...but then again so is going thru the two left handers coming onto the straight at Phillip Island in 3rd then 4th gear with just a little opposite lock as the you can turn the thing into the corner with throttle...easiest the best feeling i have ever had in a car:thumbsup:

Painting an R32 Bayside blue are you trying to make your car look liek an R34 GTR??? Interesting point, you may be simply trying to get your car to look better, not look liek another model like a GTR...

Do it MR R32:) but if anyone ever asks, sure tell them its a GTST, but promise me you wont concede its an RB25...insist its a std RB20:)

im bolting on a td06-19c and 45mm trust gate... ordering ap engineering pfc and h/controller to the rb20 in mine... im giving it 2 months before it shits itself - then rb25 swap, bolt the turbo td06 on it... sell rb20 pfc and get rb25 pfc :thumbsup:

done and done

- adz