SAU Community

15 year rule is officially... OVER!

funkymonkey

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

local MP usually helps. Personally everyone's tried the "lets bombard them with mail, faxes n calls n see what happens" approach and nothing happened, so I'd say, suck it in and work with what you're given. Not like you can un-ammend an Act anyways, last time that happened it took about 5 years.

yep, for over a year we haven't been able to get ONE sensible reply from the government - I hope you all remember that at the next election!!

And even before then, lets keep hitting them with faxes and emails, they have been *%#$@*& about this whole issue, and we shouldn't let them forget it!

yep, for over a year we haven't been able to get ONE sensible reply from the government - I hope you all remember that at the next election!!  

And even before then, lets keep hitting them with faxes and emails, they have been *%#$@*& about this whole issue, and we shouldn't let them forget it!

:P oh look... spilt milk.

So you've submitted one then? As long as you've submitted it by today then you'll be sweet. I e-mailed DOTARS and made sure mine had been approved... [email protected] - drop them a line.

Regards,

Shaun

i havent got my dereg papers to them yet, so i will just call em up a few days after i fax that through

well... im incredibly tense and on edge now.... theres one last chance.. a car that should be going for auction soon.. talked to ben not long ago and he said it was going on auction in half an hour... he said he would get back to me.. so if that car works out ok im going to bid on it. and if i win he said i can get import approval tonight.. if im very very very lucky.. fingers crossed everyone .. wish me luck

Does this mean that R32 and other "15 year rule" vehicles already in Australia will become more valuable? I mean, before it was fair enough to say "why pay $$$$$ for a local one when you can just import one which will have more mods and less kms..." now there isn't much choice in the matter. Reducing the amount of available stock means what stock IS available (those already in australia) will increase in value right? Because it doesn't make much sense to import one through SEVS when it costs a lot more, and modifications must be removed.

Edit: I get emails from prestige motorsport and apparently things have been crazy today with people jumping in left right and centre at their last chance to get a pre-SEVS '89 or '90 car.

Does this mean that R32 and other "15 year rule" vehicles already in Australia will become more valuable? I mean, before it was fair enough to say "why pay $$$$$ for a local one when you can just import one which will have more mods and less kms..." now there isn't much choice in the matter. Reducing the amount of available stock means what stock IS available (those already in australia) will increase in value right? Because it doesn't make much sense to import one through SEVS when it costs a lot more, and modifications must be removed.

Actually, I think it will have the exact opposite effect. The market for them will dry up and move on to other things ie there will be more r33 compliance places, which will bring the price down for them. So the people on this site who have been saying they agree with the changes, as it will push up the price of what they own, are going to be in for a bit of a surprise in the medium term...

The best thing for prices is normally a healthy market and lot's of interest. Both of those things are going to decrease without the new supply available.

Lets come back to this thread in 12 months and see if I'm right!

Ian

I disagree..

Things will settle more.. but prices will go up or hold for a fair while.. like they did when SEVS stopped the R33's being fully modified.

There will always be a market for a few of the different cars like R32, cefiro, etc as there is less of them around than R33.. Already you'd ask "why is an R32 sold for only $2k less than an equivelent R33?" - but they do and have for quite a while. But maybe they will come down a bit.

R33 are saturation point, a mass market item - there will always be a niche for the other cars.

I disagree..  

Things will settle more.. but prices will go up or hold for a fair while.. like they did when SEVS stopped the R33's being fully modified.  

There will always be a market for a few of the different cars like R32, cefiro, etc as there is less of them around than R33.. Already you'd ask "why is an R32 sold for only $2k less than an equivelent R33?" - but they do and have for quite a while. But maybe they will come down a bit.  

R33 are saturation point, a mass market item - there will always be a niche for the other cars.

We will see :-) And I disagree about the R33, they aren't anywhere near saturation!

Losing the mods wasn't the same situation - as mods never seemed to be properly priced in anyway..

The R32 will always remain a special car! But without new supply, quite a few people are going to move on to something else...

Ian

Drew, make sure you send in your import approval by tonight, and put us as your agent, so that DOTARS can contact us when they need the paperwork. It'll work out a lot easier.

yeah i applied about a week ago.. i have let ben know and he said he will sort it