READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS OR SENDING ANY PM's

FAQ: Apexi PowerFC - Frequently Asked Questions

Intended Audience: Anyone considering an aftermarket ECU

Technical Level: High

Duration: 1 hour

Effort: High

Result: Excellent

!!!Caution/Achtung/Attenzione!!!

Follow this guide at your own risk. You have been warned. We are not responsible for any actions you take. The information contained herein is a guide and should *not* be acted upon with consultation from your local tuner (he/she may not agree with my comments / suggestions). If you are unsure or are not confident don't do it.

This guide is a document in progress among the Skylines Australia car club and is a User orinentated FAQ for the Apexi PowerFC stand alone ECU. This guide should be used if you have questions regarding the Apexi PowerFC and it's functions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is NOT the PowerFC FAQ but a tracking document for changes and other questions - This is NOT THE FAQ ITSELF

Before posting in this thread please do the following;

1. View the PowerFC FAQ here: a the bottom

2. If what you are looking for isnt covered in the FAQ, search inside the FAQ using your web browser search or find command

3. If what you are looking for isnt covered in the FAQ, search again inside the FAQ using your web browser search or find command

4. If what you are looking for isnt covered in the FAQ, search again and again inside the FAQ using alternate keywords and names using your web browser search or find command

5. Try a google search on what you are looking for

6. Review the posts in this thread to see if its not covered already

7. You may post in here if you think the question hasn't been answered already but we aren't obligated to answer

powerfc-faq.pdf

Nice tech thread...

Love it... Good info and good suggestions for mods....

Good to see some info on the PFC in one thread...

Now we need someone to do the same for th Wolf 3D... (I have PFC, just like to see anohter point of view for the youngins... non PFC'ers i mean)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to set my thermal fan/air-con fan to activate a bit earlier than what has been set on my PFC i belive so i will need the data logic right?

By the way my car is an R32GTR,

I've seen water temp on my hand controller read up to 100+( back when i had issue with my radiator was a bit block ) and the bloody fan wouldn't kicks in unless i have the aircon on which explain in a way BUT in my 33gtst wherther i had aircon on or not, the fan still come in.

Another word the 33 air condensor fan WORKS as a back up sourse as well but not in the R32?

This is an issue where i havn't found an answer by anybody wherther it was ICE or Racepace, anyone can clarify this would be GREAT.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys just wondering...i just got my r32 gts-t power fc...just wondering what u guys think of the power fc boost controller kit...are they really accurate and reliable...i heard that the avc-r's sometimes boost spike...this is one thing that i deffinately dont want...will the power boost contrller kit do this

everyone that says the powerfc boost controller kit is crap doesn't actually have any proof and just blames that cos they dont know what the problem is. its the same as the avcr solenoid. i dont see why there would be any issues with it? its a valve, it watches some events and open/closes accordingly. there are plently of guys using powerfc boost kit. perhaps you could pm one of them and ask

• 2 weeks later...
FAQ: Apexi PowerFC - Frequently Asked Questions

Intended Audience: Anyone considering an aftermarket ECU

Technical Level: Medium

Duration: 30 minutes

Effort: Medium

Result: Excellent

!!!Caution/Achtung/Attenzione!!!

Follow this guide at your own risk. You have been warned. We are not responsible for any actions you take. The information contained herein is a guide and should be acted upon with consultation from your local tuner. If you are unsure or are not confident don't do it.

URL: http://members.dodo.com.au/paul/docs/power...powerfc-faq.htm

Hi, I intend on buying a PFC for my 33. One thing I would love to know. What is your mileage per tank after you tuned the PFC? Also with what mods and at what boost pressure do you run.

updated again. fixed some spelling mistakes. removed the retarded formatting and made all the paragraphs into tables so they resize correctly on all browsers/screens. added wierd idle problem. added some more info about fc tune (upcoming product)

• 1 month later...

updated again. added the following

-> regarding maxing out load points

-> sensor check page

-> powerfc menu options

-> powerfc software

-> self tuning with map tracer

-> light load trace and fuel economy

• 1 month later...

i found some top end flat spots and it was traced back to my exhaust shop not fitting a split front/dump pipe and leaving the stocker one on. i thought did the split front/dump but turned out they didnt so that kinda killed the top end power. since getting that fitted it ran awesome and didnt loose top end, ak run out of puff

Yeah i already have a split dump and full 3" with high flow....

I need to change the setting cause im using way too much fuel atm....

Try 24litres per 100km's.... I have a nice burn mark on my rear bar and i had a small exhaust fire the other day so its very important....