SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

nope they are not compatible. you will need to go for a piggyback (apexi safc, greddy emanage) or a remap of the stock auto ecu (nistune, dr drift remap, toshi remap)

nope they are not compatible. you will need to go for a piggyback (apexi safc, greddy emanage) or a remap of the stock auto ecu (nistune, dr drift remap, toshi remap)

i believe another option is to use the pfc but then you need an add on box for the auto and if i remember right you then have to shift the auto manually, depending on how much you want that would probably be the better way to go any way.

Hi everyone,

First of all, a huge "thank you" Paul for what you've done: great FAQ!

I have a question: I'm used to tune L-Jetro PFCs, and I'll soon have to tune my first D-Jetro. I noticed there's an extra fuel map called "base map" which seems to be tuned.

Can someone tell me what is that map for?

Oh, and BTW, is there someone here who has the default std map of a RB26DETT D-Jetro (R33)?

Thx!

i believe another option is to use the pfc but then you need an add on box for the auto and if i remember right you then have to shift the auto manually, depending on how much you want that would probably be the better way to go any way.

the problem with using a manual ecu on an auto car (ie PowerFC on auto skyline) is that when the autbox changes gears the ECU doesn't know

so the timing doesnt change during gearchange. on the auto ecu the timing is dropped during gearchange to let the auto box change gracefully.

with the manual ECU the timing stays the same and the box suffers stress from a fully loaded engine during gearchange.

now this gotcha only applies to nissan's as toyota powerfc exists in auto, at least for the chaser

the JZX100 powerfc to suit chaser comes in auto and it has lots of logic and suppport for the AT gearbox

you can even change the mapping when it changes it gears in the menus and edit the gear splits (f**ken ace).

this from my understanding is because the toyota has its gearbox logic inside the main ecu, where as nissan is in another computer

apexi either didnt care about the auto box (lets face it, auto skyline isnt common) and either couldnt be bothered, didnt see $ in it or wasnt enough demand, or too complex?

Hi everyone,

First of all, a huge "thank you" Paul for what you've done: great FAQ!

I have a question: I'm used to tune L-Jetro PFCs, and I'll soon have to tune my first D-Jetro. I noticed there's an extra fuel map called "base map" which seems to be tuned.

Can someone tell me what is that map for?

Oh, and BTW, is there someone here who has the default std map of a RB26DETT D-Jetro (R33)?

Thx!

this is from the apexi documentation

post-2054-1271392063_thumb.jpg

there is no need to find a default rb26 djetro map, as it the powerfc comes with one

if it's second hand, perform a DATA INIT before using it and the default maps are loaded. if its new it already has the default maps

Thx a lot for the information. So if I got this right, if you fill the main fuel injection table with "1", you should be able to run 14.7ish all over the map. And if not, you should proceed to minor mods in the base fuel map in order to get 14.7 afr (at least in part throttle).

And only after that step, mods to the main fuel table should begin.

Am I right?

(oh, and do you have the p24 they say to refer to?)

Edited by Jobi

No need of the p24: I found it. :(

But having the RB26 D-Jetro default map would really help me as it would allow me to define my base map while my car is in bits... (i.e. I can't connect my PFC at the moment)

you use the fuel and inj correction maps to tune the car. its only if you find you can't get the results you want or run out of correction where you adjust the base map

hey Paul just wanted to know which PFC boost controler to use on an AP engineering unit.

also does the new EL commander work on the AP engineering PFC?

hi kila, you need to use the nissan boost control kit

double check on your wiring loom if you have wire #25

this is used by the apexi boost control kit

ie 25 runs to the solenoid and the other is 12v (25 is a switched ground)

without wire #25 the boost control kit will not work, so double check before purchase

and as far as i know the EL hand controller will only suit FCC3 which is new style

so it wont work on RB20 AP eng powerfc as it needs FCC1 or FCC NT

hi kila, you need to use the nissan boost control kit

double check on your wiring loom if you have wire #25

this is used by the apexi boost control kit

ie 25 runs to the solenoid and the other is 12v (25 is a switched ground)

without wire #25 the boost control kit will not work, so double check before purchase

and as far as i know the EL hand controller will only suit FCC3 which is new style

so it wont work on RB20 AP eng powerfc as it needs FCC1 or FCC NT

ok thanks i was looking at the nengun website and they have 2 diffrent nissan onces the

415-A001 and the 415-A013 i was planning to buy one this week i just didnt want to get the wrong one.l

Paul....quick question.....

your FAQ is excellent. One thing I do in every car is take the timing to 0 between about 4000 and 2000rpm for that childish poping that I love.

However, when off the throttle the injectors always drop to 0, to get things going along nicely I need to hold the throttle open a little which gets the fuel throwing again.

Do you have the same effect? and if so any suggestions other than stuffing with TPS closed position?

Paul....quick question.....

your FAQ is excellent. One thing I do in every car is take the timing to 0 between about 4000 and 2000rpm for that childish poping that I love.

However, when off the throttle the injectors always drop to 0, to get things going along nicely I need to hold the throttle open a little which gets the fuel throwing again.

Do you have the same effect? and if so any suggestions other than stuffing with TPS closed position?

unsure sorry i put my timing back to normal for a while and forgot about the 0deg idea