SAU Community

After so much searching...

sammus

We finally found a quality r32 gtst!

It's a black December 89 type M. We wanted a 93, but would not say no to an 89 in good condition, which this was.

It is stock, which is exactly what we wanted... even has stock exhaust! Only mods are a radio and a TV inside which needs to be played with to get working in Aus.

Our engineer looked at it today, and gave the all clear after many tests. This engineer has worked on and raced GTR's. He saved us a lot of money.

So many trips out to Preston... can now stop spending so much time on carpoint, carsales and trading post.

We get the car early next week after compliance and RWC are done. Edit: I am very restless now, all I can do is post threads and change my profile etc. ;)

These are the pics I just took 30 mins ago when signing papers for RWC.

~Sam

141-4181_IMGwall.jpg

142-4204_IMG.jpg

141-4196_IMG.jpg

142-4203_IMG.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put those Falken ZE-502 tyres (if I have spotted them correctly) STRAIGHT in the bin...

Or never ever drive the car on boost or in the wet. I don't want to see you on the news, those tyres are shithouse. They have no grip, no stiffness and last forever. The treadwear is probably 300 minimum so they are super hard...

That said, the car looks good. Sorry to rain on your parade but I want your car (and you) to be around to have fun!

cheers gojira ... will take that into account. we did some hard driving and braking while testing it out and the tires seemed okay, but i'll have a talk to the people that matter about it.

Nice looking 32 mate... what plans you got for it in the future?

nothing extreme, i'm very happy with the performance it has stock :D

cut and polish to take the scratches off, maybe change the colour of the wheels - i always liked powder coated black on red and white 32s, not sure what will look good on black though.

Edit: a few more pics

141-4183_IMG.jpg

The thing under the stereo is the TV; it slides out like a cd player, then you fold it up to face you - and hits the gear stick if it's in 1st or 2nd gear.

141-4187_IMG.jpg

Needs a clean

Very tidy leather on the wheel & parkbrake/gearshift boots for an '89!

Your DIN/aircon surround looks textured, is it? I've only only seen smooth.

Looks like quite a tidy car! Might wanna clean the engine bay though :D

angelus: i don't really wanna state the price, but seeing as you're on a skyline site you should be able to work out the cost of a stock 89 gtst in good condition.

cul: i think its smooth but will check

yeah i want an SAU sticker... it will be the only sticker, i assure you all :D

thanks lads :D

Put those Falken ZE-502 tyres (if I have spotted them correctly) STRAIGHT in the bin...

yep they are pretty bad. I had them on my last car (32 GTS-T). They're great for doing stupid things tho. I had a heap of fun with them on my 18's @Decca right before I sold the car.

As for modifying it. You will most likely get the urge to do so and a 32 GTS-T is dangerous for the inexperienced. (but heaps of fun still)