SAU Community

dAVE - car conrtol course interest

inark

hey man... i was thinking about this a while ago and u mentioned that u would post something once u have all the prices etc. well i thought it would be a good idea to post this so ppl know what it is and whats involved...

http://www.murcott.com.au/ccs1.html

has all the info for ppl to get an idea of what goes on. also for ppl to show their interest in the matter.

spam away :)

PS. i and my team leader are in for certain.

I would also like to add, that in the motoring world, jim murcott was known as 'the best' driving trainer around. Sadly due to a brain tumor he passed away last year, but the course is still the best in my opinion.

I will try and call on Friday and get a rough idea of what we can do and what it will cost etc. I will ask them to specifically concentrate on skills to do with driving high hp rwd cars as I think thats what the majority of us drive.

anyway, will keep you posted

dave

Originally posted by Greg

I'll be in it for sure if they'll let a learner driver do the course (don't see why they shouldn't).  

That is of course if my car is fixed in time :)

cheers

Greg

No, I don't believe they will. Unless you have a couple of years of club-level motorsport under your belt.

Generally, you are expected to have done their basic car control course, then defensive driving course before you can tackle the hipo course.

inark,

have you considered the John Bowe course?

Originally posted by blind_elk

No, I don't believe they will. Unless you have a couple of years of club-level motorsport under your belt.

Generally, you are expected to have done their basic car control course, then defensive driving course before you can tackle the hipo course.

oh ok i was under the impression we would be doing the basic car control course because that's what the link pointed to. either way i'll do the courses by myself, i need practice and experience.

Yeah, i'd give it a try when I get my R33..

Its not going to get you off speeding fines (but it should!), and i'm not sure how much more i'd learn, but hey, it can't hurt. Might learn something I didn't know or improve my driving. Even if not, its something to do.

There should be a lot more emphasis on improving driver training than simply giving u a ticket for going 3km/hr over the limit each time. Bad drivers cause accidents, not bad-ass cars :);)

Who gives a toss about your excess... isn't the idea not to have the accident in the first place through having better control of the vehicle and the road in different conditions? While that comes from years of driving, isn't it better to accelerate that with actual training rather just "**** up and learn".

Just goes to prove they don't really care how good a driver you are, any excuse to charge you more premium is fine for them.

My bitch for the day.

was talking to a mate of mine today, and he's done like all the jim murcott courses, plus the john bowe one and lots of stuff. skilled driver, anyways, he said wait around till Christmas as they have deals around then for cheaper courses, just thought i'd let ya know. Said they advertise in the paper. So maybe keep an eye out....i will. But i'm guessing u guys will be doing the HiPo course, i'll be putting along to the basic one first :D