• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bump

Quick question for ya Dunc.

Will your device work ALONG WITH the attessa on off switch that DIRTGARAGE makes?

I think his device pretty much just disables the fuse for the attessa.

I guess I

m looking for best of both worlds..

your device for good cornering and his device for burnouts before drag racing..

cheers big ears..

oh just incase you don'tknow what I am talkign about,..

Dirtgarage has a group buy in here somewhere for his device.

$35 or something..

thanks

Hey mate.

Paul's device is a switch in line with the fuse, turning it off is identical to pulling the fuse. You loose all FWD and also ABS.

Our device has this as one of the selectable functions (does exactly the same thing), but also controls the front torque split via the programmed chip inside.

So, yes they can work together but there is not point, our device does both things.

• 3 weeks later...
oh ok.. so your device set to say 1 allows for.. ummmm... warming of rear tyres..

cool

No - hold down the UP button (AMFM) for 5 seconds to switch into full RWD mode. This is confirmed by the AWD and ABS lights on the dash showing.

Warm rear tyres as required and then switch back to required setting.

Time for some feedback.

Ran this in the GTR33 at DECA against a couple of regularly tracked GTRs (and all the rest) with RE55S TT compound tyres. Conditions varied from wet to completely dry. Suspension is SK's Bilstein kit.

While I didn't give it a full shot on the back track due to lack of recent experience I was a couple of seconds off the pace but felt really comfortable and stable with plenty of grip.

On the pan it was good but with a few items to note. When I was low speed tight cornering with plenty of front adjustment (8) it would change from almost no front to massive amounts and even pulled me under on cone at a U turn. On slightly wider slow turns it would switch on and off a couple of times but the faster I went the better it was. In the wet I was up to 7 seconds faster over a course (apparently).

At the end I came in 3rd by 14 points, but lost over 30 points due to stuffing about on the run where I missed the cone (not being fully aware of the scoring structure) so an outright win was definitely possible.

So for the price I think no better value for money mod. Great everyday driving and good performance as well.

Cheers Guys.

• 1 month later...

Just to answer a question from the other thread, and not hijack it.....

Yes this controller has a rwd mode, you just hold the down button for 5 sec and it will go into no ABS/no 4wd mode.

There are some other improvements in this unit compared to the other (which is based directly on the autospeed article) like the fact we use digital switch for much more accurate mode selection on the road, and programmed digital calibration of the 10 modes instead of just a linear adjustment.

Lazy! the answer was covered in some detail earlier in this thread.....

Anyway....the summary is.....

no ATTESA intercept computer will help with drag racing. Nissan designed the system to give maximum available torque in a straight line under high load, but to make sure it handles like a rwd they reduced the amount of front torque as the lateral load increases (ie cornering)

This means that these controllers make the car think it is travelling in more of a straight line the more you turn it up. The difference is brilliant particularly since you can decide how much front torque / understeer balance you want.

But in a straight line they make absolutely no difference.

The HKS drag controller replaces the standard computer altogether and gives you fixed front/rear split and the other functions like dropping back to rwd only after a certain speed.

I trukboy we have fitted these to R32, 33 and 34 gtrs and gts4, but not yet to a stagea AFAIK. However the way this system works should work with any ATTESA system since they all work on G sensor output.

As with all sales we will help you if there is any trouble, and of course organise a refund if it doesn't work (but I'm 99% sure it will :()

I'll send you a pm about shipping tomorrow :rant:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mark32
I am interested in the 2WD mode on this controller. Can it switch from one of the 4WD levels while driving to the full 2WD mode and then back to one of the 4WD levels. Basically can you switch between 4WD-2WD-4WD on the fly or do you have to stop the car or something like that.

No unfortunately you have to turn the engine off to reset the atessa computer, it would be very handy to be able to do it on the fly but this unit won't do it