SAU Community

R32 Specs, shit or shit hot

Hi

I am looking at buying this R32 Skyline, below are the specs. My mate says his brother is a mechanic and that it is a shit set up and the car would go like a bucket. So tell me what you think, shit or shit hot!

Engine,

35,000Km after overhaul,

HKS GT2850 wastegate special full turbine kit,

Aftermarket exhaust manihauld

Front pipe,

Full HKS exhaust until the end of muffler,

HKS 3 layer intercooler

HKS air cleaner

Z32 air flow meter

BCNR32 fuel pump,

Head gasket

256 high cam

Apexi Power FC

Blitz DUAL SBC

APEX 2 layer radiator

HKS twin plate crutch,

NISMO 2WAY LSD

No.8 Iridium plugs

Front carbon strut tower brace

Exterior,

Rear bumper, lip, side step,

Late model indicators

Aero mirrors

Boot smoothing (no rear wing?)

Suspension,

Tanabe height adjustment F8K, R6K,

16 level adjuster,

Slotted disks

Aftermarket brake padsboth front and rear aftermarket pad,

NISMO tension rods

Interior,

MOMO steering wheel

Defi water temp meter, boost meter, exhaust temp meter,

NISMO shift nob, spin turn nob,

R32 GTR seats

The car is approx 380hp

A mechanics opinion would be nice 2.

Quickly goin through that list, it reads like somethin from a fast'n'furious catalogue. Surprised it doesnt have a momo suck off valve, j/k :rofl:

Im no mechanic, but Im assuming this is a GTSt?

The power figure (280ish' kw), which is impressive seems about right with that turbo setup. Provided you can get the power to the ground, it would be fair to say at least a 12sec car. At the same time the turbo would still be responsive down low (rpm) for everyday driving.

Dont think you mentioned the amount of boost when it ran the 380hp, or the size of the injectors? Are any of the internals strengthened? Otherwise, I would think its on, if not over the limits of the factory internals.

In regards to your mate's brother the mechanic, please prove me wrong that his ideal car is a not a Falcadore :) . I'd be interested to hear as to what he believes would be a 'good setup & make the car not go like a bucket'.

I've yet to drive a Skyline at those power levels, but from my experience im sure it would handle better than a 270rwkw Supra :Paranoid: .

Quickly goin through that list, it reads like somethin from a fast'n'furious catalogue. Surprised it doesnt have a momo suck off valve, j/k  :rofl:  

Im no mechanic, but Im assuming this is a GTSt?  

The power figure (280ish' kw), which is impressive seems about right with that turbo setup. Provided you can get the power to the ground, it would be fair to say at least a 12sec car. Also, if given an ideal suspension set up, the car definately has the potential to be a competitive drift or track car.  At the same time I do know that the turbo would still be responsive down low (rpm) for everyday driving.

Dont think you mentioned the amount of boost when it ran the 380hp, or the size of the injectors? Are any of the internals strengthened? Otherwise, I would think its on, if not over the limits of the factory internals.

In regards to your mate's brother the mechanic, please prove me wrong that his ideal car is a not a Falcadore :) .  I'd be interested to hear as to what he believes would be a 'good setup & make the car not go like a bucket'.  

I've yet to drive a Skyline at those power levels, but im sure it would handle better than a 270rwkw Supra :Paranoid: .

Hehe, Not to burst your bubble but you won't hit 12's with that power. Oh and why knocking supras? i made 380hp in mine, with only exhaust/fmic and a pod :(

Thanks guys for your input, I think it ran 380hp at 1.2 bar but im not exactly sure. All internals are stardard as far as i know. Im getting a mechanical inspection done soon and when I get the results ill post them.

Hehe, Not to burst your bubble but you won't hit 12's with that power. Oh and why knocking supras? i made 380hp in mine, with only exhaust/fmic and a pod :)

Yeh, lol...you only need 300hp in an R32 GTST to run 12s:)

And that setup sounds good to me, Aftermarket turbo with a flexible management system, diff, and support systems...all the goodies

Hi

I am looking at buying this R32 Skyline, below are the specs. My mate says his brother is a mechanic and that it is a shit set up and the car would go like a bucket.

I think your mates brothers mechanics cousins sister better go back to tafe because it sounds like he/she/it hasnt the faintest idea what they are talking about.

Hehe, Not to burst your bubble but you won't hit 12's with that power. Oh and why knocking supras? i made 380hp in mine, with only exhaust/fmic and a pod :)

Sorry to burst YOUR bubble but you will do 12s with that power

I have a mate with an R32 making 300rwhp and has run a 12.8

Has less mods than that car

Maybe it's a garret not HKS model number?

Yeh dunno, the seller says its HKS and by the look of the mods he prefers HKS. It does say that it is a HKS GT2850 wastegate special full turbine kit. Dunno all the work was done in Japan so maybe that has somthin 2 do with it?

Hmm. well i've raced a gtst with 210rwkw which is about.... 340hp in my old 91 soarer, and absolutely killed it, that was on the highway though
Are you saying the GTSt had 210rwkw & your Soarer had 340hp? :confused: Coz, 340hp=253kw & anyone can go fast in a straight line, esp if you have more power. I guess there were no twisty bits on this highway.
...cant expect much out of an RB on the highway.

I hope you realise the repercussions of those words on a Skyline forum. :headshot:

For future reference dont think Spangers wants to hear about your latest kill or any of your other illegal racing exploits.

Hmm. well i've raced a gtst with 210rwkw which is about.... 340hp in my old 91 soarer, and absolutely killed it, that was on the highway though, cant expect much out of an RB on the highway.

Its funny how every person that JUST signs up has to be all top shit lol

• 3 weeks later...
Are you saying the GTSt had 210rwkw & your Soarer had 340hp? :confused:  Coz, 340hp=253kw & anyone can go fast in a straight line, esp if you have more power. I guess there were no twisty bits on this highway.

I hope you realise the repercussions of those words on a Skyline forum. :headshot:  

For future reference dont think Spangers wants to hear about your latest kill or any of your other illegal racing exploits.

I was talking about HP @the flywheel, my soarer was about 380hp.