Wet: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

Great tyre, especially when you have the right suspension/camber settings

Nankang NS-1

Dry: 4

Wet: 2

Overall 3/10

Cheap, not THAT bad but wouldnt buy again

for those who were talking about the ADVAN Neovas... how have you found the wear? Do they last long? The reason I'm buying tyres however, is because I need some for compliance. Do you know if they the DOT or E4 marking on them (means they are ADR approved I believe).

:rofl:

Do you know if they the DOT or E4 marking on them (means they are ADR approved I believe).

Technically it doesn't.

DOT stands for "Department of Transport", which is the US government body that covers road usage.

E4 designates its ECE Regulation compliance, which is Europe's design rules.

The Euro and American standards meet or exceed the ADRs, and Australia's too much of a backwater for big tyre companies to bother tooling up to stamp our compliance logo onto their tyres. So while, in practice, DOT and E4 tyres are Australian road legal their actual meaning has nothing to do with Australia, and they haven't necessarily been tested and certified by an Australian regulatory body.

silverstone 235/45R17

wet 0

dry 2

value ?

these tyers are a death trap you cant go above 80 kmh in the wet very taily

i think i will buy hankooks next week they seem to be geting good reveiws and pilots are hard to get up here dont know why

thanks for clearing that one up scathing. I just bought 4 Bridgestone Grid II's 205/55R16 for $100 each, they were second hand and still have the spikey things.. Was good value so I got them. Has anybody tried the Grid II's before?

just bought some TOYO TP-G's.

as i left the tyre place they spun in first realy early and thats comared to falken ZE326's

im a bit concerned when it rains up here it pisses down

when tyres are brand new they are all slippery due to the oily stuff thats on them. usually after about 200 or 300kms they will get a lot grippier so dont worry yet :P

by the way, the Grid II's I bought are made in japan, the guy at the tyre shop said that the jap made ones were better than the aussie made ones.. but thats probably bs. Does anyone actually know if they are better? the only way that I could see them being better is if perhaps the compounds were different but I doubt that somehow...

• 2 weeks later...
Guys update on the Hankook Ventus K104's???

What prices did u pay 16" ppl and 17" ppl, im not sure what size rims my skyline will b coming from japan with.

Thanks.

Paradizzle.

Its been almost 2 years since I had the Hankook K104s put on all 4 wheels and the rears have finally gone bald. All up, I'd say that they are the best bang for buck tyre that I've ever used.

Wet 8/10

Dry 9/10

I originally purchased them for $200 each in ACT from Tyrepower. Don't know how much they go for now. I'm now looking for new K104s in Adelaide, suggestions anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

last week i put some new TOYO T1-Rs (255/40/17) on the rear of my car, i went for a 450km drive on friday night, and i cant report back that now the car sticks to road like glue!!!

my previous rear tyres were worn and had gone hard and very slippery, and either way in comparison with any other tyre i have used, the T1-Rs are by far the best.

the grip is insane, it is hard to get sideways at all even in 1st gear!!! as an example, going around wide hairpins with my previous tyres i would have exited at around 60km/h, with the T1-Rs i left the corner going around 80!!!! and second gear corners have become third gear corners!!

and this is all with falken 326's on the front, only the rears changed!

they are also quieter than my old yokahamas(read below) and have a softer ride.

only strange thing is, now i can feel the hicas and with the old tyres i didnt. it puts me off a lot, when u turn in it feels like the rear tyre's sidewalls turn to jelly for a split second!!!!!

a friend driving behind even said he saw it every time i turned in he said the car looked like it had driven over a patch of sand.

so

TOYO T1-R

dry: 9/10 (dont think you could get much better in a proper road tyre)

wet: have not tried yet, supposed to be good

other tyres in comparison

FALKEN ZIEX ZE-326

dry: 3/10

wet: 3/10

PIRELLI P6000

dry: 5/10

wet: 7/10

KELLY CHARGERS

dry: -100/10

wet: -200/10

(never get these tyres, for your own safety, maybe good for long burnouts though)

YOKAHAMA GRAND PRIX MR(something)

tyres were worn out and hard so hard to give judgement as new. but in the state they were in, they were crap!!

dry: 1/10

wet: 1/10

TOYO TRAMPIO

have only driven on friends cars, but very good in the dry

dry: 7/10

wet: have not tried

Question that keeps coming into mind whilst reading all this, especially since some of you seem to go through expensive tyres like its nothing, is how long do your tyres last? Having imported our GTR from Japan recently, didn't realise that the back wheels were slightly wider than the front. Think she was used for drift racing as the wear on the tread is on the inside.

But anyway!! Recently priced up some new tyres (which were fine when she left Japan, but since she had to sit in storage on the docks for two months I think some lovely person burned all the tread down to the wire) and for cheap ones it was $250, and the top of the range at Bridgestone were $460. Keeping in mind this is from Mount Gambier (lower south east south australia). So, is it better to get some cheap tyres and see how they go, or do the more top of the line tyres (for wet/dry conditions, and rated above 110km/hr) which might last longer and handle much better?

it is normal for the tyres to wear more on the inside on a gtr, so dont worry about that.

make sure the outside diameter of the tyres is exactly the same front and rear otherwise you will have problems with the handling. this is why usually with gtrs people get the same width and diameter wheels/tyres front and back.

with a gtr even with cheap tyres you will be ok for straight line grip, but for braking and cornering good tyres make a huge difference.

depends how much you value braking and cornering, especially in the wet. with the type of performance u get from a gtr i would not put cheap tyres on.

but cheap is cheaper than 250 so im assuming u mean decent tyres, what brand model and size were u quoted on?

on the Merc i use Toyo T1-R's, used to have Falken 512's...they were shit, T1R's r far better, Semi slick for the Merc is the D01 Dunlop...didn't like this tyre much, too unsettled even with the lack of power.

On the Skyline im using the Toyo RA1, and hands down, the best gripping tyre i have ever come across...ever...like liquid nails, the car will not budge, around bottom sweeper at Eastern Creek at roughly 180 and the car doesnt even feel unsettled! HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!

Its been almost 2 years since I had the Hankook K104s put on all 4 wheels and the rears have finally gone bald.  All up, I'd say that they are the best bang for buck tyre that I've ever used. 

Wet 8/10

Dry 9/10

I originally purchased them for $200 each in ACT from Tyrepower.  Don't know how much they go for now.  I'm now looking for new K104s in Adelaide, suggestions anyone.

I bought mine from Tyrepower Blackwood for $250 ea. 255/40/17. Very happy with them.

For a GOOD survey on tyres available on the market, visit this;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

Keep in mind not all th emodels are applicable here, ie Bridgestone's. The tyres you should sus out are the summer models.