SAU Community

I found a good cheap boost controller for $22!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who did you send the pm to?

if it was simark87 then he probably won't see it cos he hasn't been here since 19th July, 2006 - 08:23 AM.

If you want one, they're on ebay under turbotech.

Dammit - lol - I just sent him a PM too!

I just sent him an email post number 52 says we can get them for $28 delivered, so I was just asking him about that not sure if he still uses that e-mail though.

I'll let you know if/when he gets to me if thats still the case for SkylinesAustralia members.

I just sent him an email post number 52 says we can get them for $28 delivered, so I was just asking him about that not sure if he still uses that e-mail though.

I'll let you know if/when he gets to me if thats still the case for SkylinesAustralia members.

[email protected] is his correct address.

They cost $37 delivered now.

Yeah, I just bought mine off eBay. I'll let you guys know my experience with it, when it arrives.

Edited by ThugishPimp

hey all, since everyone seems to have drilled a hole in theirs, i went ahead and drilled mine as well. Not sure if its a little to big or not but it definately spools a whole lot faster.

Anyway what happens if the hole is too big?

And since the hole is letting boost get out to keep the wastegate shut, wouldnt that mean my turbo is working harder to create the same amount of pressure then if it wasnt drilled?

The hole is there to bleed the pressure between the actuator and the ball ONLY once the boost pressure drops to prevent the wastegate from staying open. due to the ball/hose/acutator creating a pressure vessel.

The downside to this is the hole will bleed boost like a traditional bleeder and as it tapers off at high RPM the boost will also drop off and make the controller less accurate.

This also means as some boost is bleeding off it would keep the actuator shut for a few 100ths of a second more. but would not make a difference in spool time.

My personal opinion is that the hole is not needed as it was in the original design and has since been dropped. I have used both and currently have the one without the hole and it holds a dead flat line for boost.

i was using mine with no hole too. it held boost great. had it on the dyno, showed a steady 10psi all the way till the end, then dropped slightly by less than 0.5psi. then i discovered i had a boost controller module connected to my unichip :D so i removed the turbotech, hooked the stock solenoid back up. set it to 10psi on the dyno, and it held the exact same boost pattern. needless to say, the turbotech was doing an excellent job. the only difference being, once i was back on the road, i discovered that the very slight lag on changes was now gone.

edit: also, one less defect in the engine bay :(

Edited by Munkyb0y

well it seems hes not selling them nemore coz theres no listing on ebay for them

i want to get myself another one coz i might have over drilled this one

between 1 and 1.5 the hole needs to be if you drill.

are these the same as the jrd ones? on ebay???

i got one for my mate on his 180 and its bieng a pain in the ass. keeps spiking sometimes.

i noticed the spring inside is shit and gets bent and stuck. it this causing my boost spike problems?

and the difference between the two is?

we got a cooler on his lastnite and just plugged it all back up standard so its holding 9pound fine without that pain in the assssssss controler!

Edited by Angus Smart