SAU Community

SAU old school reunion.

carlo

I always amuse myself looking a the member #'s and actually having respect for those below 1000, now we got how many 20K, 30K + members......You don't see many earlier members round these rounds these days!

hey!

i was a member years ago on SDU!!!!

and lurked here for a while till i actually bought my skyline - so i dont get any respect??

:(

(just kididng :) )

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Evil Weevil....nah man i think i worded my statement wrong regarding the whole respekta thing. I was trying to say that I have a lot of respect for those good ol' times of regular meetups, piss up's at fellow SDU/SAU peeps places, etc. 99% of them included the 'earlier' sub 1000 members back in like 2002 when SDU died off, SAU kick off & I actually owned a R33 Skyline....... :P

Sorry if ppl took it the wrong way....I wasn't dissin any members at all!

Ando

heheh its all good mate :)

I know the feeling!!

I was one of the 1st on LS1.com (aussie section) and then .com.au and now, there are none of the oldies there, same problem here mate :(

Im yet to go on a skyline cruise but wil lone day when work doesnt get too busy :P

perhaps people should check out antilag.com :D

I remember the old SDU days and the transition to SAU... Never did get to meet many of you or go on any cruises because I drove an AE92 Corolla (which is still in the family) and didn't really wanna tease myself untill I had the money to afford some RB power... But now I got me a dragon wagon Stagea, so it's all good.

Being left behind during cruises sucked, but that's less of an issue now! ;)

evil - Yeah mate that was my celica. The scene was nice back then.. But its changed, and truthfully I have changed too. I love my skyline expirence still, but there is things which interest me a little more these days.

These days I go bush more than I go to the track. Surprising to find that the off-road crews are more friendly, less egotistical and the off-road mechanics are not assholes. :)

That said if you guys organise a old school reunion im in.. just someone email me cos I wont see it on here. (few of you have my email addy).

im in,

Although i did not meet alot of people from the sdu days or even now on sau.

I only remember two, 1. Fatz = pete and Driftr = Tim

I know fatz is still around but dont know about Driftr

I fist joined SDU when i had my VLT and then got my first line but lost it just before the transition to SAU, didnt want to be seen trying to keep up with u guys on cruses in my wife's barina, :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

track day and beers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**k yea im there

meet at the track thrash your car go to the pub and piss it up

"what happend to sau was to many fagots wanting to meet at maccas and carpark 6c for a cruse to some f**k hole"

bring back team track day

Team track day re-unites. I wounder if we could get the CAM's licence crew together again. Let me remember.

Fatz

Duncan

Kel

Zane

Oz

Hawks

& greg? With the Grey R33 GTR?, I think he was Hawks friend?

silver arrowz

urine

julian

Maganal

Bonks

Red

Akira

Were there more?

hey wheres silver arrowz on that list? and urine? and julian?

Pete - "what happend to sau was to many fagots wanting to meet at maccas and carpark 6c for a cruse to some f**k hole"

Exactly right. Lets meet at homebush and cruise to KK to talk about it

Team track day re-unites. I wounder if we could get the CAM's licence crew together again. Let me remember.

Fatz

Duncan

Kel

Zane

Oz

Hawks

&  greg? With the Grey R33 GTR?, I think he was Hawks friend?

silver arrowz

urine

julian

Maganal

Bonks

Red

Did not do the CAMS day but always turned up to the track for a thrash!

Were there more?

How about Akira?

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I have no idea what the power steering control module is on a non-HICAS car because I've never seen one. But it is a fair bet that is essentially the same thing as on any other Nissan of the period with variable PS. So, Maximas, that sort of thing. It will pick up the ECU's speed signal off the "bus" (there's not really a bus - any consumers of the VSS are all just connected to that output on the ECU). The output should (most likely) be a PWM signal to give you an effective average voltage between the minimum and maximum values. You could possibly look at the HICAS part of the R32 manual to see what that range is likely to be (for non-HICAS, as it should be about the same).
    • Thank you for the info!    Did you get a 33 gearbox speed sensor to have your speedometer to work? Does the Speedo work but not accurate? 
    • Took me a while to answer that.... Funny thing is, the across the river neighbour did put in an airstrip, built a hanger, and buy a cessna, because strangely they aren't allowed to build a house on the property but there is no problem building an airport terminal They've used in 3 times, once for an attempted landing where they misjudged a little, aborted and missed the trees by so little that new underwear was required. Second time the landing stuck, then a few weeks later the plane left and never returned, so I don't think aircraft noise is going to be an issue. Funny looking back through the last few posts too, I've spent a heap of time lately redoing the roads  and drains so I guess it is a 2 yearly thing to add to the calendar. Those big drains did overflow in the rain about a month ago so that is pretty disheartening....just a reminder that you can't stop nature I guess.
    • So I’m having issues with my power steering. the obvious heavy and light and comes on and off randomly now it’s constantly heavy. I’ve read through forums regarding this issue and what I’ve gather is that it’s referring to hicas deletion. That’s the problem mine didn’t come with hicas.    I’ve rebuilt the steering rack, pump, changed the bent hardline on the rack and taken out the solenoid to clean and loosen up the actuator, applied 12v to get it moving. Roughly checked the loom to see if there’s any damage to the loom and nothing. Now I’m checking the wiring. I’ve tested the wiring to the solenoid and it’s fluctuating between 0.07v to 0.03v. Does anyone know what it’s supposed to be reading? 5v? Anyone one know how this all works? Is there a fuse in between? What else is it connected to? How does it connect to the speed sensor? A resistor fried in the ecu? Please help. It’s been years Thanks in advance 
    • that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.