SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

There is no certain way to just tell if they will fit. You can either take a wheel and fit it on a gtr you find to see if it fits, or lay the brakes down inside the wheel and try that way.

We can't say offset of + 20will fit, because it's mostly about the spoke shape. They will fit over the brakes ok, it's just the spoke clearance you should check.

Good price too.

+1 to alex

nothing to do with offset, all about back space

also, your looking for anything R34 (gtr or gtt)

i got mine through this guy

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Skyline-spares

was really cheap too (compared to what some ppl try and flog them off for (i paid $330 for calipers only)

i got mine through this guy

http://stores.ebay.c.../Skyline-spares

was really cheap too (compared to what some ppl try and flog them off for (i paid $330 for calipers only)

So I guess the $300 I paid for R34 GT-t calipers, pads, clips, shims and an untouched set of rotors is pretty good then... :banana:

I paid $300 for front stock GTSt rotors and calipers. Fitted new pads and seals. So all up $500.

I also have a donated set for when the 25G is turboed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Does anyone upgraded the brake calipers on a NM35?..im looking just doing the front calipers, anything should be better than the standard single pot. Would the R32gts-t 4pot a straight bolt on? and would my standard rims fits? Theres alot of threads for brake upgrades on early Stageas but not much on later series2 NM35's. Cheers guys.

dont know about the GTSt brakes, but GTR brakes through the range bolt on. Some need collars on the bolts . cant remember which.

no, standard wheels will NOT fit on after an upgrade, except AXIS rims. and yes i have seen R32 GTR brakes under AXIS rims.

Pretty sure the consensus is that m35's have 14mm bolts like r34's so I'd go that way

Stock r34 gtt brakes are 310mm x 30mm

Gtr brakes will be slightly bigger at 324mm x 32mm but cost a fair bit more

Pretty sure the consensus is that m35's have 14mm bolts like r34's so I'd go that way

Stock r34 gtt brakes are 310mm x 30mm

Gtr brakes will be slightly bigger at 324mm x 32mm but cost a fair bit more

Brembo rotors are 324mm x 30mm, not 32mm.

The only Skyline rotor that is 32mm wide is the R32 GTR with Sumitomo calipers (296mm x 32mm). You need to go to the Akebono 355mm rotor to get a 32mm wide rotor.

That's why I abandoned my original plans & went looking for R34 GT-t brakes.

For a daily driver; I couldn't see the benefit of spending a shiteload of cash to buy rotors that I then had to modify anyway, just for a few extra mm of dia.

I'm sure the Brembo's are pretty special; but for the dollars, they'd want to be.

@Daleo,

Hi, did you just upgraded the calipers from an r34gt-t? Im hoping just to do the same, dont want to spend too much on an upgrade.

@Daleo,

Hi, did you just upgraded the calipers from an r34gt-t? Im hoping just to do the same, dont want to spend too much on an upgrade.

What are you planning on doing with the car? If it's just going to be a road car, plenty of us are happy with slotted rotors and decent pads. My brakes didn't give up at Mallala last time I was out.

@Daleo,

Yep, not fitted yet; being stripped, coated & rebuilt atm.

Definitely one of the easiest bolt on upgrade without the expense of going Brembo.

Look around, it might take a while, but they come up cheap from time to time.

Well im not planning on turning the car into a racecar, it will be just a daily driven car. I felt the front calipers needing a little bit of beef, rather than a single pot. Its just me not wanting to spend too much on big brand names.