SAU Community

Price Guide - Pfc Tuning

Col-GTSX

im getting my fc installed and tuned at chasers for 450 and for a retune of fcs the charge 132 for the first hour and 88 for every hour after that? does that seem ok i was going to get a service there but they want 750 for all this

Full service includes - timing belt/seals, engine oil (motul 4100), oil filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, fuel filter, spark plugs, coolant, fluid topup and general inspection. $750

cheers simon

also are chaser any good now they seem to do alot of motecs now not fc's

Edited by gt-t_r34

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. COST - $1000

2. Mods you have done - FMIC, Pod Filter, Apexi Turbo, Extractors, 3inch Full Exhaurst, Cams, PFC

3. Where u did it - Gentech, Canberra

4. How long it took - 2 Days, Full Tune from blank and cold start.

5. Comments - Very happy with the end result and the after service help.

It sounds a bit expensive then what every one else has said but they did tune the car all day as he was ringing me as he did it. so for all the time and the end result i think it was worth it.

Adam

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Cheap tunes arent always good tunes, my last tune cost me about $8k in a rebuild so-far

yea your rite, for an extra few hundred its worth goin sumwer wer they will do a decent job, atelast you will save yourself the $$$ thousands in the long run if it blows up

i pay 900 at racepace nd can say confidently its worth every dollar...

price: 900

mods: fully rebuilt rb26, cams, turbos, fmic, etc, etc...

Just got mine fitted and tuned at Autotech recently.

Paid around 700+ for the tuning alone (my first tune)

Very happy with the results but not perfect as somehow something is making the boost controller not holding boost.

Just got mine fitted and tuned at Autotech recently.

Paid around 700+ for the tuning alone (my first tune)

Very happy with the results but not perfect as somehow something is making the boost controller not holding boost.

mmm....I was just thinking the other day how you would have gone with Gavin....so they had it for 3 hours i'm guessing.

1. COST - $700 for full first time tune

2. Mods you have done - FMIC, Apexi Pod Filter, GT3071R, Exhaust, Profec B, Spitfire Coilpacks, 550cc Injectors, Walbro Pump, z32 AFM

3. Where u did it - Unigroup Engineering in Sydney

4. How long it took - Gave it in about 5 days ago to put the turbo, injectors, fuel pump, AFM and PFC. Should be done in 10 days total

5. Comments - I've heard good things about unigroup and the initial meeting went very well. They have kept me informed of the progress. Will update when I have the car back.

Edited by usmair

• 1 month later...

thanx now i got a price to work with!!

Charged: $100

Mods: FMIC, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, PFC, RB30DET.

Tuned By: Shaun @ Boostworx in Adelaide, SA

Time Taken: 1hr (I Hung Around)

Comments: Very happy, The 3ltr only 'just' ran on the stock RB20DET 2ltr PFC base map. Very good tune for bugger all bills.

The tune was 90% wot tuning with a few little light load adjustments.

It made 176rwkw with the stock RB20DET turbo running 9psi @ 4400rpm-4950rpm, power drops off rapidly after this rpm.

I've reached the limit of the stock rb20 turbo and injectors as they are hitting 100%.

I will be installing injectors and a larger turbo soon, I've been told the tune will cost $200-$300 as he will have to completely go over the light load map. This is what takes time, not the WOT.

1. COST - $300 for full tune

2. Mods you have done - FMIC, Apexi Pod Filter, HKS GT-RS, Exhaust, E-Boost Street, Spitfire Coilpacks, 550cc Injectors, GTR Pump, Z32 AFM, Tomie poncams, CP Pistons, Jun Style Front facing plenum with 80mm TB.

3. Where u did it - SouthCoast Rotary Performance (in Woollongong, NSW)

4. How long it took - About 4 hours

5. Comments - Excellent tune for the money, being a rotary tuner he knows how to set a good ignition map before taking the fuel out. Engine makes good power, with zero knock. Also spent some time on light load, to improve economy.

• 3 months later...