SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Welcome!

Those sizes are fine, it's good enough for Nismo.

But, it depends on what look you are after.

Have a look here:

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/311136-r34-gtt-wheel-register/

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2006109&postcount=78

Thanks Man! Great threads to look at!

If you want to "stance" your car, then yes definitely need more aggressive sizes and offsets.

I see... well, I think I will just go for the "regular" look for now. I will not lower the car too much in the near future (our roads are rubbish!)

Will a 18 9x5 +30 work well for the rears?

G'Day! Well, it is done:

Work Ultimate Kiwami 18x8.5 +30F wrapped in 235/40/18 and 18X9.5 +38R wrapped in 255/35/18. Bronze with red caps and lugs.

Thanks for the pointers, everyone! I will put up pictures when done in about a week.

Carlos Ch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I am new to this page. Just bought my first skyline. I have a 89 r32 gts. I'm about to buy a set of wheels for it. I'm going to lower it after I get wheels and tires. Question is picking out the right size set up. Will 17x8 et25 work? Also what size tire should I go with then. Don't want to rub on anything. If that set up will not work can some one direct me in the right direction for set up that will work with out rubbing. Thanks guys

Hello everyone. I am new to this page. Just bought my first skyline. I have a 89 r32 gts. I'm about to buy a set of wheels for it. I'm going to lower it after I get wheels and tires. Question is picking out the right size set up. Will 17x8 et25 work? Also what size tire should I go with then. Don't want to rub on anything. If that set up will not work can some one direct me in the right direction for set up that will work with out rubbing. Thanks guys

Are you using adjustable c/o's? If not and just using a sport spring and shock combo, you should lower it first to your desired ride height and go from there. Also remember that cambering in will change fitments too. For the question about an 8 wide with 25 offset, start at page one here on this page thread. You may change your mind on that size after reading more and seeing others fitments.

I will be using coilovers in the near future. It's just on stock suspension. I have looked through page 1-135 so far and I haven't seen anyone using +25. I'm not good with this type of stuff. I also didn't want a set up were my wheels stuck out past my fenders. So how do you think this set up would look on a gts? Good ? Bad? 17x8 +25 also size for front and rear tires?

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply. The only reason I was asking is because the wheels I want only come in those sizes. So you don't think those wheels will look right?

They'll be right. I run 17x9 (+25 or +22 cant remember for sure) and they are ok. They do not sit outside the fenders so your 8" wide rims should be ok

Amir

Well, after a little bit of an ordeal, the wheels are on.

Work Emotion Kiwami 18x8.5 +30 Front and 18x9.5 +38 Rear. Tires 235/40-18 Front and 255/35-18 Rear. No mods that I am aware of... yet again the car already had some aftermarket wheels (SSR, 17's) and since this is pretty much the only one here, I have no comparison point for suspension height. Guards are not rolled, I checked...

i-p27CQxz-L.jpg

i-dTjwxct-L.jpg