SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Yeah the front guards are already rolled and the car is sitting only a tiny bit lower than stock height (nismo s tune suspension)

I might trial fit 235 like you suggested, and maybe 255 if that fits easy

Yeah the front guards are already rolled and the car is sitting only a tiny bit lower than stock height (nismo s tune suspension)

I might trial fit 235 like you suggested, and maybe 255 if that fits easy

I have 225 on my 9.5+20. Main reason being that if you have 255 on there, you will not be able to lower it much less than factory. I have dropped mine about 20mm, and it sits on the tyre very nicely. 9.5+20 is a very aggressive rim, and while I wouldn't have it any other way, it's cop bait for sure. I recently get a defect notice because of this. That being said, as soon as the farker is off, I will be slamming it again.

Ahh bollocks, i thought 9.5+20 only stuck out a tiny bit (from pics I've seen), and that cops wouldn't bother me too much. Do you have any pics of how much yours sticks out?

Edit: seen your car before actually haha looks mad! Never realised it was yours

Edited by tiddyd
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

tossing up between these two sets of wheels:

Rays Grams Light 57F-Pro

19x8 +17

19x9.5 +17

or

Work XT-7

18x8.5 +28

18x9.5 +32

I know the XT7's won't be a problem but the rear rays will be for an R34 GTT. From my research I think the 9.5+17 should sit about the same as a 10.5 +30 which means they will poke a bit. I have Tein coilovers so there is some natural camber on my car already. Could I get away with no guard work for the Rays? The fronts should sit the same as a 9 +30 wheel. I like both wheels a lot but the dish on the Rays looks too good.

Cheers

Both of those will look terrible in thise sizes. Im not gonna sugar coat it as it's a lot of coin to waste.

Your rears will poke by some ~10mm on the 19's and sit in about the same on the 18's.

Your fronts will be sunken like an itallian cruise liner on both.

18's look better than 19's on that car (in that style of rim). 19's would be for more of a VIP thang.

If you want flush on a gtt look at 18x9.5+25ish front AND rear and run 235/40

Can someone help me find the perfect sizing for R34 GTT?
I'm after TE37 17's But unsure of what offset and size.
I will roll my guards.
I will be ordering from Jesse Streeter.
Hoping for it to look really aggressive.. like a GTR.
Thinking > 17x9 +22 offset..
Are spacers required?
http://gripshiftslide.com/photos/FORUMSHINE/31.jpg

Thanks

Edited by MariahCarey

• 2 weeks later...

Hi looking for some help on new wheels/tyres for my R33 GTR.

Would either of these dimensions fit with no mods (18x9.5 + 18 or 18x10 +18)? Planning on running 265/35/18. Would one fit better than the other? The car is lowered on bilstein coilovers.

I don't want it to look 'stretched' or 'poked' or 'slammed' just want to fill the guards nicely and lower the car sensibly and make it look tough. Thanks for your help. If anyone has any pics I would really appreciate it.

Hi guys,

I've just bought a 32 GTR and looking to get as much rubber as I can under the guards. I'm aware 18x10 +20 is near on optimum. Toying with the idea of going 18x10.5 +25. Anyone had any experience with that size? Not adverse to rolling the guards, more concerned about strut clearance and front turning clearance.

Any feedback appreciated.

18x9.5 + 18 with 265/35/18 is perfect

for a 10' rim i would go +20

He has an R33, so +18 is fine. I'd run 275-285 on the 10" though (I have 275/35/18 on mine).

But no mods, 9.5+18 with 265 tyres is a safe bet.

Thanks for your input guys. Much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

ok i feel like im asking a stupid question but i cant quite work it out.

for a 32 gtr regarding staggered offsets,
i know everyone sais it will trip the atessa system.

how sensitive is it?
i want to maby run say 18X9 and 18X10 for instance (offset asside) if i run the same size tire on each will it be ok? or do i need to run wider tires to negate the tire stretch?

i understand the rolling diametre needs to be the same for obvious reasons for the 4x4 system, but how does the wheel width stuff it up?

yes yes, but can anyone answer the question?

if rolling diameter is the same, why do staggered wheels mess with the 4wd system?
is it really sensitive enough to have tire shape deformed by stretching or different tire widths change the rolling diameter? surly not.

is it really sensitive enough to have tire shape deformed by stretching or different tire widths change the rolling diameter? surly not.

Yes it is. Deflate one of your tyres to 20-25psi and observe the changes (if your ATTESA is working correctly).

As long as the rolling diameters are almost identical, you *should* be okay. E.g. 245/40 front and 275/35 rear.

4j3s5l.jpg

Or you can run 275/35/18 all round :P