SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

guys- who's running 18x10 +22 or near size wheels & how much camber are you running to tuck them?

currently has 235/40 and they stick out a good 15-20mm~

got defected for them sticking out so only solution is to tuck them in as i dont want to change wheels,

last alignment i had was -1.4

i'm thinking close to -1.8-2 as i will be lowering it bit 20mm more so the top of the tyre just tucks in.

I am assuming this is on a ST/T, not an R.

At that offset the entire rim will never be inside the guard. Adding more camber will just make the bottom poke out more.

guys- who's running 18x10 +22 or near size wheels & how much camber are you running to tuck them?

currently has 235/40 and they stick out a good 15-20mm~

got defected for them sticking out so only solution is to tuck them in as i dont want to change wheels,

last alignment i had was -1.4

i'm thinking close to -1.8-2 as i will be lowering it bit 20mm more so the top of the tyre just tucks in.

Near flush on a GTST rear with a 10" wide is 30-35 offset and a 1.3"ish" in. Not sure what your regulations are to maintain a roadworthy car where you are at but it sounds like you'd have to either change your offset or possibly get flares to cover up. The others on here will have better insight on your local laws than I.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another question guys. Looking at a set of wheels and I'm not too savvy.

They're 18" and 8" wide all round ET40. for my r33. Says 73.1 centre bore. Just wondering how they'll fit/sit. Cheers for the help :)

Another question guys. Looking at a set of wheels and I'm not too savvy.

They're 18" and 8" wide all round ET40. for my r33. Says 73.1 centre bore. Just wondering how they'll fit/sit. Cheers for the help :)

Get something with lower offset (e.g. +20-+30 for an 8"). Also depends how you want the wheels to sit.

Those ones will sit pretty much like the standard wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Skyline model = r33 gtst

Wheel diameter = 18

Wheel width =9

Wheel offset =+20 on the rear that's all I'm looking at

Tyre size = 225 or 235

Modifications to fit = ?

Dose anyone have pics how it will sit. Car is lowered on coilovers

• 1 month later...

Skyline model = R33 GTST
Wheel diameter = 17
Wheel width = 8/9
Wheel offset =+40
Tyre size = 225/255
Modifications to fit = None

Wheel: Inter Milano 17" Wheels

On the other hand

Skyline model = R33 GTST
Wheel diameter = 18
Wheel width = 9/9
Wheel offset =+15
Tyre size = 225/40 245/45
Modifications to fit = Won't fit, hits side skirts, hits guards, hits everything. Need smaller profile.

Wheel: D1R's

Car isn't all that low either. I have 115mm clearance at the lowest point. I've gotta wrap the new wheels with 35 profile on the rear and can MAYBE get away wit 40's up front.

what would be the better option for an r32 gtst 2 door, 17x8.25+25 or 17x8.25+35? will be running 235/45 tyres all around, i know i can tuck both under stock guards but i want to be able to tuck the rears with between 0-1 degree negative camber so which would be the better option? guards are currently all stock but wouldnt mind rolling them, not to keen on doing much more, thanks!

Does anyone have issues with front wheels unable to full lock steer or touching the front most point of the side skirts in their 33? I don't know why but just looking at my car from the side, the wheels look to sit further back of the centre of the wheel arch...