SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Hey guys,

been looking through this thread and other forums for ages trying to decide on a good wheel fitment for an r33 s2 gtst. Seems like 18x9 +20 would be a decent fit for an r33 all around flush fitment that wont foul suspension and can be cambered in to prevent scrubbing on guard liners. Have seen examples of this size in a set of work xd9s (dontyellpl0x) and a set of rota grids (boosted_andy). Would consider anything similar to 18x9.5+30 but it seems that at this wheel size its a bit hit and miss whether or not it will foul suspension/brakes. What wheels are still being made in 18x9+20 (grids and xd9s/d9rs not available in this size anymore) or 18x9.5+30 which dont foul brakes? Dont want to mess with spacers.Want to run 235/40 all around. All guards already rolled ,dont want to bin guard liner.

Cheers guys.

Edited by onthesuss
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

been looking through this thread and other forums for ages trying to decide on a good wheel fitment for an r33 s2 gtst. Seems like 18x9 +20 would be a decent fit for an r33 all around flush fitment that wont foul suspension and can be cambered in to prevent scrubbing on guard liners. Have seen examples of this size in a set of work xd9s (dontyellpl0x) and a set of rota grids (boosted_andy). Would consider anything similar to 18x9.5+30 but it seems that at this wheel size its a bit hit and miss whether or not it will foul suspension/brakes. What wheels are still being made in 18x9+20 (grids and xd9s/d9rs not available in this size anymore) or 18x9.5+30 which dont foul brakes? Dont want to mess with spacers.Want to run 235/40 all around. All guards already rolled ,dont want to bin guard liner.

Cheers guys.

9.5+30 will fit.

Will the car be low? If so you are better to lip the front guards

Hey guys,

Cheers guys.

235 is too small for 9.5 and marginal for 9in.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to pickup a set of these wheels in 18x9 for my R34 GTT:

http://marsperformance.com.au/MARS-MP-37-4x-18-Inch-Matt-Bronze-Alloy-Wheels-Rims-5-x-1143

I don't believe the car is lowered and I would prefer to not roll the guards. These are the tyres I'm looking to fit:

https://www.tyresales.com.au/buy/tyre/kumho/ecsta_le_sport_ku39/235-40r18/1383?q=4

The offset available for the wheels is 15mm and 22mm.

What wheel sizes should I order in order to get a flush fit without having to roll the guards? Will the 235/40/R18 also fit properly?

Thanks

Update: I've been recommended 15mm on the back and 22mm on the front which is what this R34 is using (although on 225/40/R18 tyres):

http://imgur.com/y4rFwgt

What do you guys think? Will 235 be ok?

Yes, 235 will be fine.

If you are concerned about legality, I would go for the +22. The 15 will be a fairly aggressive fitment and assuming you are not lowering the car. I have 9.5+20, which is close to your 9+15, and my rims poke both front and back, even with camber.

Yes, 235 will be fine.

If you are concerned about legality, I would go for the +22. The 15 will be a fairly aggressive fitment and assuming you are not lowering the car. I have 9.5+20, which is close to your 9+15, and my rims poke both front and back, even with camber.

Thanks for that.

More concerned about aesthetics than legality to be honest... haha. I think the picture above might be 15mm at the back and 22mm at the front however, doesn't look like it pokes out too much?

Thanks for that.

More concerned about aesthetics than legality to be honest... haha. I think the picture above might be 15mm at the back and 22mm at the front however, doesn't look like it pokes out too much?

Depends on what angle you look on. Here is 9.5+20, with some camber. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my offset for the world, I think it is perfect, but the cops wouldn't like it that's for sure. If you're only worried about form, go for it. You could run +15 all round if you wanted to. It's pokey, but not mexican.

post-80854-0-97030400-1454402160_thumb.jpg

post-80854-0-22244300-1454402192_thumb.jpg

Edited by sleptema

I attempted to use search for this, but it came up empty.

I searched for a known size, still naught.

Don't think it likes numbers.

So........

Anyone know/ have pics of 18x10.5 +22 on a 32 gtr?

How close are we going to get to guards, suspension?

Depends on what angle you look on. Here is 9.5+20, with some camber. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my offset for the world, I think it is perfect, but the cops wouldn't like it that's for sure. If you're only worried about form, go for it. You could run +15 all round if you wanted to. It's pokey, but not mexican.

attachicon.gif20151013_121327.jpg

attachicon.gif20151013_121349.jpg

That front one is deceptive though. You can easily pull the front guards out enough to reduce the poke.

I had 9.5+12 up front with no flaring and less poke than that :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...