SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

Thank you to everyone within this thread that answered my questions and provided info, and ultimately helped me select my new wheels (width and offset)

Here's the end result (minus big brake kit awaiting fitment)

post-81-14227587210603_thumb.jpgpost-81-14227587427646_thumb.jpgpost-81-14227587668173_thumb.jpg

Skyline model = R33 GTS25t

Wheels/Tyres = Advan RZ-DF & Yokohama A050

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9" & 10"

Wheel offset = +35

Tyre size = 235/40/18 & 265/35/18

Modifications to fit = Rear guards lipped.

• Like 3

Lots of help from various people on these forums before I bought these - couple snaps from this morning

BNR32 RPF1's 18x9.5+15 with 265/35/18

Std suspension, no guard work, guard liners removed.

photo3_zpsc0b6bdbc.jpgphoto2_zps42ca21d1.jpgphoto1_zps367b1acc.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you to everyone within this thread that answered my questions and provided info, and ultimately helped me select my new wheels (width and offset)

Here's the end result (minus big brake kit awaiting fitment)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1422758720.057083.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1422758741.831105.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1422758765.964255.jpg

Skyline model = R33 GTS25t

Wheels/Tyres = Advan RZ-DF & Yokohama A050

Wheel diameter = 18"

Wheel width = 9" & 10"

Wheel offset = +35

Tyre size = 235/40/18 & 265/35/18

Modifications to fit = Rear guards lipped.

Same setup I plan to run on my 33! I'm not sure which tire to run though.... I like the looks of the A050. Have you or anyone else have opinions on these tires? Looking for aggressive tread pattern, dry summer, not quite a slick, type of tire. Good with traction hookup but not destroyed in 10k. Car is a street weekend warrior. Not a track car. I'm located in the states but willing to import a set if it's worth it. Been big on BFGoodrich, Nitto, and Yokohama. Thanks in advance for the advice and input!

Whatsisname, car looks great!

Same setup I plan to run on my 33! I'm not sure which tire to run though.... I like the looks of the A050. Have you or anyone else have opinions on these tires? Looking for aggressive tread pattern, dry summer, not quite a slick, type of tire. Good with traction hookup but not destroyed in 10k. Car is a street weekend warrior. Not a track car. I'm located in the states but willing to import a set if it's worth it. Been big on BFGoodrich, Nitto, and Yokohama. Thanks in advance for the advice and input!

Whatsisname, car looks great!

FBRacing, thanks mate!

I have used a fair range of entry level club/road performance tyres, drag tyres and semi-competition tyres over the last 15 years, NT555R, RE540S, KU36, RS3, RT615, ET Street Radial 1 & 2, R888, A048, and now the A050.

I've not had the A050s for long enough to give you an idea of expected road mileage, but over 10k (miles) is probably a bit on the optimistic side. It also depends how hard you are on them.

Both the KU36 and RS3 returned reasonable mileage (approx. 12mths or 15-20k klms of mild to spirited road use). The KU36s were the earlier 180 treadwear version, as opposed to the newer KU36 which I believe is 200. The Hankook RS3s were 140.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys looking at getting a set of Work Emotion CR Kiwami sizes are front 18x8.5 +30 and 18x9.5 +38, anyone got pics of this on r33 gtst s2 and what are your thoughts on those offsets/staggered etc? any help appreciated.

hey man i have the same idea for my r33 gtst, keen on what it looks like before i do it

KU36 are shit. They gained popularity when they were released as they were cheap. Kuhmo then put up the price (and the treadwear) and they are now just a waste.

you can get NT05's for less which are a FAR better tyre, or if you can stretch the $$$ AD08's

KU36 are shit. They gained popularity when they were released as they were cheap. Kuhmo then put up the price (and the treadwear) and they are now just a waste.

you can get NT05's for less which are a FAR better tyre, or if you can stretch the $$$ AD08's

I bought some KU36's which had a tread wear of 180. Manufacture date was late last year. From tempetyres for $205ea for 255/40/17. Cheapest I could find on the Nittos was $280ea from Ozze tyres. Treadwear is 200.

I bought some KU36's which had a tread wear of 180. Manufacture date was late last year. From tempetyres for $205ea for 255/40/17. Cheapest I could find on the Nittos was $280ea from Ozze tyres. Treadwear is 200.

treadwear is not standardised. the nitto's are much softer than the KU36's

Last time i bought them the Nitto's were available cheaper. Maybe Kuhmo have dropped the price back

Hankook RS-3 are actually 200 UTQG rated, Hankook revised the rating.Advan A050 is a track tyre, so you'd want to get something like AD08 (or equivalent from other brands, RS-3, Z2 Star Spec, RE-11, etc.)

When Hankook originally released the RS3 their UTQG was 140 AA A - the set I ran on my GT-Four N were stamped 140. The later 200 treadware rated RS3 is exactly the same compound.

Yoko A050s are just fine as a street tyre, on a non-daily... speaking from experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys just wondering if 18x10 +25 or 18x10+15 will sit just out side the guards on a 32 gtst with rolled guards I want them out side and I want to pull them in with camber arms but still want a little but of poke

Hey guys after reading 20+ pages I'm having a hard time finding anyone with the exact set up as me.

I'm wondering if I could fit 255/35R18 tyres on a set of 18x8.5 +35 D1r's on the R32 GTR. If not there is a 245/35R18 available too which is more likely to fit but the tyres are the same $$ so I figured I'd go bigger if possible. Also my wheels meet the minimum recommended width for both tyres

I currently have 235/40/18 and there is a bit of minor scrubbing on the front right but not the left.

Should I roll the guards and fit the big tyres? the 255/35 have a lower rolling diameter than the 235/40

The car is about 1-1.5 inch down from stock height but I will be raising it slightly with new coilovers in the coming months.

Thanks