SAU Community

R32 Gtst Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension

Sydneykid

Awesome stuff, I will send my order of on friday, need another pay day under my belt :P

Is there a date when this finishes?

Also, If I buy the shock/spring combination, is there anything else that is needed for me to bolt this up? Is anyhting needed of the stock suspension, or is it just a matter of assembling the shocks and springs and putting them on?

Chris

Awesome stuff, I will send my order of on friday, need another pay day under my belt :(

Is there a date when this finishes?

Also, If I buy the shock/spring combination, is there anything else that is needed for me to bolt this up? Is anyhting needed of the stock suspension, or is it just a matter of assembling the shocks and springs and putting them on?

Chris

Hi Chris, you will need the standard top spring seats (the bilsteins come with nice new alloy lower spring seats), the standard bump stops and I would use the standard dust covers as well. If the bump stops and dust covers are stuffed, you can order new ones as an addition to the Group Buy.

Check the Stagea Suspension thread for pictures.

:) cheers :)

I'll definately be up for the Spring/Shock combo very soon, I've decided I can't go back to my HA's, but with $1000+ worth of extra kit on that list i was wondering where you place the rest of it in order of importance SK?

The best value for money handling upgrade is the stabiliser bars.

Then the caster bushes

Then the shocks

Then the camber bushes

Then the subframe bushes

Then the springs

Strange isn't it? Most people change springs first, when most suspension experts will tell you that the standard springs are not so bad. The reality is the standard stabiliser bars are grossly undersized and Skylines (like most Japanese cars) simply don't have anywhere near enough caster.

:( cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

Hi Chris, you will need the standard top spring seats (the bilsteins come with nice new alloy lower spring seats), the standard bump stops and I would use the standard dust covers as well.  If the bump stops and dust covers are stuffed, you can order new ones as an addition to the Group Buy.

Check the Stagea Suspension thread for pictures.

:unsure: cheers :D

No worries, I have a set tops organized, Im getting them on the weekend.

Just a quick question, what spring rates are you specifying on these?

I will need dust covers and bump stops also, are these expensive? I dont't want to use s/h crap on my suspension ever again!

No worries, I have a set tops organized, Im getting them on the weekend.

Just a quick question, what spring rates are you specifying on these?

I will need dust covers and bump stops also, are these expensive? I dont't want to use s/h crap on my suspension ever again!

Springs rates are off the shelf Whiteline, I didn't see any need to change them.

You are the first guy to ask for dust covers and bump stops, to make it easy for all to access I will post up the prices in the Group Buy first page. Not expensive.

;) cheers :)

Springs rates are off the shelf Whiteline, I didn't see any need to change them.

You are the first guy to ask for dust covers and bump stops, to make it easy for all to access I will post up the prices in the Group Buy first page.  Not expensive.

;) cheers  :)

Cool, thanks! I want to make sure everything is new, that way I don't have to touch it for a while at least!

Regards, Chris

When does this offer expire?

When the current stock of Bilsteins runs out. My guess at the current rate of sales, maybe 3-4 weeks for the R33GTST and 4-5 weeks for the R32GTST.

Then it might be 3 - 5 months for new stock to be ordered in enough quantities worldwide for Bilstein to make new minimum batch runs. In simple terms, Australia isn't big enough to gets its own batch runs, so we need to wait for Japan to order.

:) cheers :)

Hi Gary,

Just wondering if you received my payment to secure a set of shocks last week. Im also interested in a set of dust covers and bumpstops, so prices would be great when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Shaun.

Hi Shaun, shocks are put asside for you. I am working on the Group Buy prices and availablity for the dust covers and bump stops, might take a couple of days to arrange. I will post it up and amend the Group Buy price list as soon as it is confirmed.

:P cheers :)

For those that need them, the Dust Cover and Bump Stop kit is now inlcuded in the Group Buy and is on the price list. The cost is $51 per pair (exc freight), so you will need 2 pair for a car set (one pair for the front shocks and one pair for the rear shocks).

:P cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

For the guys that are ordering the Bump Stop and Dust cover kit. You will have to trim the bump stops to suite the correct height that you are going to have your car set at. The dust cover clips ove the end of the bump stop stop so you have to trim the other end with a knife, be careful it is easy to slip and cut yourself.

This is a picture of what the bump stop and dust cover assembled would look like at higher than standard height;

Bump_Stop_Dust_Cover_Small.jpg

This is how much much to trim off the bump stop, shown next to a standard Skyline bump stop. The orange line is for standard height, the red line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the yellow line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Comparison_With_Heights_Small.jpg

Note that standard height is 2 circlip grooves up from the standard circlip groove, ~350 mm is the standard circlip groove and 330 mm is 2/3 circlip grooves down from the standard groove. You can pick the standard groove as it has a yellow stripe accros it. Plus the circlip should be in that groove when you get the shocks.

If you are using the standard bump stops they also have to be trimmed if you are going lower than standard height. Not that you have to trim the thick part of the standard bump stop, not just cut off the little lump on the bottom. You will need a hack saw as the rubber is very tough. The red line (no trimming) is for standard height, the yellow line is for ~350 mm centre of wheel to guard and the orange line is for ~330 mm centre of wheel to guard.

Bump_Stop_Standard_Triming_Small.jpg

Hope that was of some help, if you have any questions please post them up here as it may answer other peoples queries as well

:D cheers ;)

Edited by Sydneykid

I have just received the full Whiteline & Bilstein Suspension package and I am vary happy with it, and Sydeny Kid (Gary) has been Extremely helpful and great to deal with, so dont hesitate lash out and get the full kit, its well worth it :)

Thanks again, Raymond

Edited by RAZOR32