SAU Community

Is Non Turbo Good?

goeyz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops... sorry guys, i think u all misunderstood me... I never never encourage street racing... i value myself, my family, friends, and career to behave in such childish ways. I believe in acting responsibly to myself and others...

What i mean was that even though you may drive a GTR turbo / ferrari / lambo, but the guy driving a humble camry or watsoever may still go faster then you, all because he is gusty, skillful, dumb or retard, enough. So even though any of us drive a very pwerful car, don't act like you are king of the road, and behave humbly. Just like many times, when i reach the speed limit, i still see guys in simple cars going much faster...

Be humble or u will be humbled  :(

Hope this clear things up... ;-) no hard feeling...

For those who insulted me, your apologies accepted haha  :)

Seems like people driving Skylines have quite an attitude ha ha  B)

[/backpedaling] :D

I can't see why anyone would owe you an apology in any way, shape or form. They all responded pretty rationally to a stupid comment that isn't welcome on these boards.

Most people on these forums do have an attitude, a sensible one, hence your responses.

My god.. This is a funny thread..

Turbo R32 will beat a non turbo R32

Turbo R33 will beat a non turbo R33

Turbo R34 will beat a non turbo R34

I'll give it to ya simple..

A good driver in a NA car can beat a crap driver in a turbo car if he is retarded and has no legs...

No.

A good driver in an NA can do very well against a Turbo driver.

My next car will be an R34 NA and I will jump at the chance to race that against a R34 Turbo.. Im what I would call a good driver and have had many high spec cars over the years and I bet my life that even my wife could beat me in her R33 GTST.

Enough said.. This thread is funny keep it up!

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Its not funny when you guys calling names... so please keep it clean.

IMHO, many of us buy/bought Non turco skyline because of the restriction on P in some states and it is good value for money.

Non turbo Skylines have great potential if you spend little of money.

Not like with turbo cars need to keep tuned and modifying... I am Not saying Nonturbo cars dont need to be tuned nor cost nothing to run.

But the hassels/problems you get with turbo is just too much.

When was last time you heard MY Turbo Skyline run just fine...!

I alwasys hear amm turbo gives you grief ... either its detonating, runing lean, timing issues....etc.

IMHO

2cents

nice cars non turbo or turbo. Theyre different to other cars on the street so you should be happy. I mainly bought mine due to the performance - (it is a turbo) but I'm a bit older now - as a young fella in first 3-5 years of driving a turbo wouldnt be a good thing...too much temptation.

In some ways you are right - atleast with a NA you dont try and get the most out of it all the time. With turbos youre either playing with boost or doing mods etc..

My next car will be an R34 NA and I will jump at the chance to race that against a R34 Turbo..  Im what I would call a good driver and have had many high spec cars over the years and I bet my life that even my wife could beat me in her R33 GTST.

If they're both at a similar level of tune, your wife must either be a reasonable driver or you're a little optimistic about your own skill. The majority of the respondents have set their replies outside of pure drag racing, where there's no replacement for power. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not talking tangentally to everyone else...

My car doesn't have the power to weight ratio to compete with even a light tune turbo car, but street or circuit I'll hold my own. I'll get munched on the strip, but that's never concerned me....

my turn...

Non turbo is not that bad.

will it beat a turbo? how far are you racing?

across the lights (bounded by the speed limit, of course), I cant see that there would be that much difference. Though to be fair, it was a 3L skyline...

gearing and power at low speeds - too much power = wheelspin (solution:ATTESA)

:O

just gettin in there. A turbo is quicker, but may not satisfy other requirements. Suspension can be tuned for anything.

Hell, even FWD can perform, if done right.

Just enjoy the car. It will be plenty quick (particulary if your last car was a magna - or is that just me)

Non turbo is not that bad.

will it beat a turbo? how far are you racing?

across the lights (bounded by the speed limit, of course), I cant see that there would be that much difference. Though to be fair, it was a 3L skyline...

I'll agree with that.

I was about neck and neck against my mate's R33 GTSt in the first 2 gears when I had my N15 SSS. Both cars stock.

Of course, once we hit 3rd gear all I saw were 4 round tail lights.

i had a n/a r33 before my r33 gts-t

illg ive the na credit they still have balls, but nothing compared to gts-t.

when the gts-t was getting work done and i drove the n/a aroudn it felt like a slug.

the n/a did beat v6 commodores and straight 6 fords without a problem... but it was still very sluggish compared to the gtst powah

People say that N/A skylines will beat turbo skylines and I am sure that with a little tinkering of the engine and suspension they could. But not in their standard form.

But you still get all the looks of a Skyline, and not to mention better Fuel econemy with a N/A line. I like all Skylines, not just Turbo Jobbies.

Chris

If you drive off boost the fuel economy is nearly the same isnt it?

• 3 weeks later...
Its just a commo that doenst handle like crap :)

yeah its just like a "stock" commo, that doesnt handles like crap.

some of them are surprising though, a few bolt ons and they open up a bit, but youll out handle them, because most commo drivers go for grunt over cornering ( thats what there meant for i guess :P)

but it should be enough power, ive been for a spin in my mates R33 it was ok, but nothing to write home about, good first car though, looks nice, and decent luxury, nice buy mate :P

• 1 month later...

i've gone up against a couple of R33 T's and i keep up till about 130.. still in my R34 25GT.

done it acouple of times, when it comes to twisties its about driver skill.. not just how good they are at putting their foot to the floor.. power definatly helps.

illusiVe,

Maybe the R33's you've had a run against do what I do.

Accelerate 'just' enough to sit side by side.. :cheers:

That gives me a kick to see the N/A's hard gear changes, I've only done it twice. :D

Stock R32 GTST's do feel rather lethargic and non-turbo ish.

It wouldn't suprise me if the R32 GTS N/A was able to beat it.

My old R32 GTST when it was making 115rwkw dead stock used to run 0-100 in 6.5-6.7secs, it was fairly consistent.

A little boost, exhaust and fmic had 0-100's in a consistent 5.2secs.

Edited by Cubes