SAU Community

R33 Sii - My Gt30 Upgrade Is Done. Lots Of Pics

paulr33 that is wat i thort

Cubes yeh champ just speculating but it should go close? wont it?

you could boost it more with 98 with less ping

Mafia how does it drive? when does it boost now?

thats wat i wont out of mine but its an auto

il do the usual mods and get a shitf kit and get the tork converter modded

james

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drives the same until about 5,000rpm, and pulls really hard.. Shame it pings its nuts off in third at about 6,000 rpm

f**ked if I kno whats wrong.

I might drop the exhaust like what paul said, but I seriuosly don't think there is a need because its HUGE anyway.

Forget 98ron fuel, we can't get it here. Closest servo is 4 hours away.

Maybe The ex housing is too small, causing a restriction, and heat, and causing detonation?

I don't know... :D

What ignition timing are you running at wot? (peak torque, mid and higher rpm values)

Cam timing.

Play with the afr's and see where its happy.

Thats where I would be looking assuming compression is good.

Edited by Cubes

im running same gt30 set up as you mafia, it pulled 260rwkws stock engine at 20psi on 98 ron fuel. then had to rebuild the engine with forged internals, put tomei poncams in and dropped static comp from 9to1 to 8.5 to 1, this netted me 277rwkws at 21psi. yes iam also running an aftermarket manifold. will be fitting 4inch magic cat shortly and getting a remap using 100 ron fuel , i think 300rwkws shouldnt be to far away. theres a copy of my dyno graph in shootout mode in the members gallery.

define better results though ? dont loose faith jono, for every problem there is a solution just gotta find it. post up the dyno graph when u can get it and the guys can then go from there to try and debug it further

Don't loose faith bro, this is one of the best build up threads and have followed it intently.

The rewards will be there, and at the moment you are the inspiration behind me finally doing some decent mods to my line seeing as I got it rebuilt with venolia's...and have run STOCK as a rock for almost 6 months now...

Keep up the good work!!

My GT30 with 0.70 comp and 0.86 exhaust housing on custom made highmount manifold and 45mm external gate makes 255rwkw at 1 bar and around 310rwkw at 1.4 bar on 98 ron

With your 0.64 rear you should be getting boost alot earlier than 5000rpm.

the problem is fuel... We can't get anything better than 95 ron here. I don't even know if the E10 here is any good. Its supposed to be 96 ron, and the tuner said I should be able to put more timing into it... Now with the ethanol blend petrol, apparently its 91ron petrol with 10% ethanol which makes it equivalent to 96 ron rated fuel. Dunno if its any good though.

pistons is another thing.. Apparently stock pistons are as weak as f**k.

heres food for though also, the tuner said that at 80 knock on the hand controller, he could JUST hear detonation in his headphones.

Also talking to the tuner today he said that these turbo are in their efficiency range at about 20psi+. But they are very touchy and 1-2 psi in the high teens makes a shit load of difference.

I really don't know where to start. I don't want to be running fuel additives all the time... I got sick of having to put toluene in all the time with my normal fuel, but it was much better than standard pump 95.

I mean, f**k, if shell got their ass in gear and released the Shell100 here (premium with 10% ethanol) I'd be laughing... Would be able to wind shitloads of timing into it.

I really am stuck.

Would I be able to make more power safely by taking a little bit of timing out and adding 1-2 psi of boost?

The tuner is very hesitant of putting more boost in..

finally had time to read this thread :)

good work by all accounts

makes sense, i dont see how the stock rb25 can be .04x a/r as the gtr twins are 0.42 a/r

stock turb a 33-t does 200 tops.

stock turb a GTR can get to near 300 So its believable easily.

That turbo is a GT30/TS04 , 7 blades and a .70ARR comp cover . It will be interesting to see how it goes particularly with the VG30 turbine housing .

Cheers  A .

Ya, i was surprised to see that Mafia's turbo uses a 7-blader S wheel as opposed to the GT series 6-blade wheel

I'm really curious as to why these horsepowerinabox/gcg style gt30's don't run the 6blade gt30 core with the .6 comp cover.

I'm thinking possibly GCG ran in to surge issues with the higher flowing 6blade gt30 comp?!?

I'm remembering back to GCG's 500hp bolt ons and the surge issues they had?!?

I dont think so, the 6-blade is the one you want, in the 500hp combo/6 blader is the banger setup that you want

You have surge problems with the BIG GT 6-blade wheel in the 600hp GT 30 variant only... i know because i had ever so slight problems. Going to the smaller comp wheel would have rid the problem, AND given better performance in the end after all the R&D

Bass Junky's wouldn't take any more than 14psi.. ping. :D

NEO runs more compression than non-NEO RB25. Thats why 14psi is limits :)

Drop the comp ratio... Thats really your only option.

You won't notice a drop of .5. Wind a little more boost in and see how it goes.

Thats what i think :)

Back it off a tad, tad more boost and see. You should be seeing 14psi around 4000rpm.

End of the day your fuel is limiting the setup, you know this as well as anyone

Maybe look @ the cost of freighting large drums. I know the tazzie boys ship down drums of Ultimate cause they only have 95 down there are aswell.

Initial cost is a whack but its probably not too much more expensive one would hope.

Bass Junky is not running a GT30, he has a GCG hi-flow with a VG30 ext housing.

I am also running the same turbo, with Tomei Poncams (256 duration[r33]) and head porting. Car made 270rwkw@15psi, on a new dyno dynamics dyno, tunning mode. Externally engine looks stock, apart from fuel reg (but that's also hard to spot).

My engine also started to ping higher in the rev range, this was solved by pulling timing out in that effected area only.

Mafia have you considered cams or even a descent head porting? This will definately release the true potential of the turbo. Honestly, with the fuel, i think that your car is not too bad, but when you have your mind set on a figure i guess you will feel disappointed.

All the best

Al

thanks guys. I was talking to a guy tonight at one of our test and tunes - he said to spend $700 on a good water methanol kit, and that will solve all of my fuel \ ping problems.

Then look at an electronic boost controller to fix the weird boost problems, he said he'd just stick a 15psi actuator on there to make it easier again..

This guy has a 11 second xr6t that he tunes himself.