SAU Community

GTR on a Dyno, only rear wheels turn ?

Mkay, someone explain this to me.

I was watching Mario's GTR on the dyno video clip, and noticed only the rear-wheels spinning... I would have thought ATESSA would have detected no traction under the rear wheels and engaged the fronts ?

Can someone explain this ?

He has just about everything on that thing.. it'd be something like a Electronic Torque-Split Controller with which he can control distribution power power between front and rears.

From http://www.exvitermini.com/

That said, the car is now being re-stripped and having the entire electrical system re-wired.  We can now remove all items that are required to be road legal, such as intrusion bars, doors, glass, air bags, seat belts and the various computer assisted controls that are no longer required (such as ABS, ATTESA and HICAS).

Just look at VL's.If you have sticky enough boot's and good sup setup I guess you don't need ATTESA,it's more weight to move.Also those 1000hp GTR's in japan only in 9's and the VL's are up with them.My 2cents.

• 3 years later...
What fuse on the GTR R32's?!

I would love to be able to put it into full RWD for a bit... just to see how it handles...  <_<  :lol:

they handle terrible, but spin the wheels ok!!

there really meant to be 4wd and obviously designed like that..

and with regards to the dyno run, they probably pull out the front drive shaft, only 4 bolts underneath the car, to dyno it it. (if its a 33) 32s, just pull the 4wd fuse link.

But would there be a lack of traction under the rears? The wheels are still turning the rollers?

The would not be lack of traction at the rear, but the large speed differential between the rotating rear wheels and stationary front wheels would make the ATTESSA system think there is a lack of traction and redistribute the power accordingly. Does that make any sense?

yeah u must be far from an expert, the cam shaft control the opening and closing of valves to allow air into and out of the engine, then have nothing to do with ATTESSA

the shaft your are tihnk of may be the front drive shaft which goes from the transfer case to the front diff, yes as is mentioned above can be unbolted.