SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

bilsteins out (too firm for what i use the car for, and to be honest the suspension i had before was pretty much perfect, just a little high)

drove it to the drifting

also its running a bit shit at first with the cold mornings, everything runs as normal once the water is over about 60°C

could be the plugs, they are iridiums but i've probably put 60,000 kms on them already :(

I asked about for you but the people i asked hadn't seen you

If you've still got that 3" cat i'll take it Peter

also, the car looks good from a distance, but there are a few problems when you get up close

Edited by pipster11

so when finally get round to changing my rocker cover gasket im gonna change my spark plugs too, ive been reading around and looking on the ngk website they recommend, pfr5g-11, but ive read a lot of people just go with coppers - bkr6eya and im assuming once again -11

would that model in the coppers be the right ones for me? all i have is turbo back, and front mount.

aslo with the rocker cover gasket the half moon, when using gasket glue do you only put it on the curved edge, not flat?

also wanted to go the drifts... damn work

Edited by MatthewT85

so when finally get round to changing my rocker cover gasket im gonna change my spark plugs too, ive been reading around and looking on the ngk website they recommend, pfr5g-11, but ive read a lot of people just go with coppers - bkr6eya and im assuming once again -11

would that model in the coppers be the right ones for me? all i have is turbo back, and front mount.

aslo with the rocker cover gasket the half moon, when using gasket glue do you only put it on the curved edge, not flat?

also wanted to go the drifts... damn work

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/104405-spark-plugs/

I asked about for you but the people i asked hadn't seen you

If you've still got that 3" cat i'll take it Peter

also, the car looks good from a distance, but there are a few problems when you get up close

Yeah sorry I didn't have a chance to catch up with you, I was so busy I didn't even have time to scratch my self! If you're looking for me at a drift event I'm usually at Pit Exit or Race Control ;)

BCPR6ES or 7ES's

I've only ever used 6/7's 180-400+ rwkw

ok thanks yeah thats what sorta got me confused between the two, i think i read in there that one 'neck'/bit that sticks into the coilpack is longer....

am i right in putting the gasket glue only on the half moon curved piece? and the rest is fine to leave

Yeah sorry I didn't have a chance to catch up with you, I was so busy I didn't even have time to scratch my self! If you're looking for me at a drift event I'm usually at Pit Exit or Race Control ;)

thats ok mate

I saw Alan in the commentators booth (rather he saw me)

If you want to bring that 3" cat up to the sprints of whatever is at symmonds this weened i'll gladly take that off your hands, don't think i can do the wheels atm, don't quite have the money for it atm

ok thanks yeah thats what sorta got me confused between the two, i think i read in there that one 'neck'/bit that sticks into the coilpack is longer....

am i right in putting the gasket glue only on the half moon curved piece? and the rest is fine to leave

Don't be fooled into buying anything other than coppers either.

yeah i did read a few threads that said they really arent worth going into the more exxy iridiums ect... and yeah i did look at the price difference vs how they compare

i've always used copper BCP6res NGK plugs in kermit, at approx~25 a set i simply replaced them every 5k when i serviced. they comein 2 types that ive found, if they have 11 on the end they are pre-gapped to 1.1, if they have no numbers, they are generally .8 gap which worked perfectly for my car above 12psi boost (19psi atm)

tried bosche plugs once.. never again.

i've always used copper BCP6res NGK plugs in kermit, at approx~25 a set i simply replaced them every 5k when i serviced. they comein 2 types that ive found, if they have 11 on the end they are pre-gapped to 1.1, if they have no numbers, they are generally .8 gap which worked perfectly for my car above 12psi boost (19psi atm)

tried bosche plugs once.. never again.

thanks yeah ive ended up with bcp6res, and i decided on the -11 as im only upto 9psi atm just have to find a day to do everything now

well that was a bit of a pain in the arse to change... not hard just removing everything. i had trouble getting the coilpack cover back on properly, ended up losing one screw and not able to get one more back on... :S