Dump Pipes On R32 Gtr

lows_13

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whats the inner diameter of the tomei dumps??

i've just bought some from the states for around 840 delivered, (fairly good price these days)

i have a large lightweight titanium front pipe here which is around inner diameter of 70mm

hopefully they will be a good match

Thats an excellent price for Tomei Dumps Andrew, good work ;)

I flipped through my version of Hyper Rev (vol 132 from 2008), all the front pipes have 70mm inlets, the only one bigger was the "Midori" front pipe with 80mm inlets and 90mm outlet

Tomei gtr dumps are 76.3mm

Is that tomei's quoted size? or an actual internal measurment? the reason i ask is they often do the Od, and not the Id..

as i said my internal on the front pipes are are 70mm exact. so i pray tomei's are Od so it will be similar :P

the internal diameter outlet on the front pipe is around 88mm tho.

Thats an excellent price for Tomei Dumps Andrew, good work :blink:

Thanks

http://www.edoperformance.com/ is the place to go :blink: they were listed on tomei's website as a distributor in the states. and were very well priced, should have confirmation today of them posted

Edited by Angus Smart

I too, am dealing with the headaches of dumps pipes as well...

When my engine was built (-5s) i put on the JJR pipes. Although I vented the gates to atmo. Had a full 3inch and made 326 on 18psi for run in, no worries. No creep etc etc.

Then i went to the HKS Dual Racing. Thats the only thing I changed. Full twin 65mm zorst. I get BAD creep up top, 23,24,25++ psi because the zorst flows alot better than what I had. So theres proof theres a problem in the design of the dump pipe flange, where it bolts to the turbo; nothing to do with turbulence of the gate pipe going back into the main.

Id love to get tomeis cos theyre pretty easy to come by but at 76mm its going backwards. And its not a case of finding the right front pipe for them obviously.

HPI bellmouths are 65mm but 900 odd dollars from JJ.

Any suggestions?

try yahoo auctions thru import monster, there was HPI bell mouth that sold recently.. i picked up genuine hks split dump kit (new) for $500 few days ago on ebay.. got tired for looking for tomei or other good jap bell mouth

Edited by BWRGTR

anyone know inner diameter to genuine hks dumps (split type) on the side that connects to the front pipe..

They're not very big, 55mm ID. I have some custom dumps that RIPS made me a few years ago and they're 60mm ID. Tomeis are the way to go.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2860-5's.

Will use standard manifolds with flanges ported. Car already runs power FC, 550cc injectors and blitz boost controller.

Turbo's upgrade will include fitment of decent fuel pump & adjustable cam gears (still debating whether or not to install poncams).

If I don't find R34 GTR dumps then I will buy the tomei ones. I really like the CES race pipes but I was quoted around $1600 (not including ceramic coating).

Being a standard R32 engine I only want to run around 1.2 bar and would like around 300rwkw for now. Motor is pretty healthy and has low k's for age (136,000).

Yeah they may be a bit too big initially but I wouldn't mind rebuilding the engine in a year or so. The car doesn't even see 2000km a year so they should still be in good condition when I do decide have the engine rebuilt, so I figured to just buy them now.

So the R33 GTR and R34 GTR dump pipes are the same size? And are good for decent power?

The Tomei website lists the BNR32/33 stock dump pipes as 58mm, and BNR34 as 55mm: http://www.tomeiusa.com/recentmail.asp?mid=106

Confuses the subject alittle, as I assumed the stock R32 dump pipes were 50mm because that's what the stock front pipes inlet's (internal diameter) i measured were.