SAU Community

Removing Hicas On R32 Gtr

oRiCLe

Yeah, I was gonna say something about that :thumbsup:

Cheers for the pics though, should make the guide a bit easier to follow, my photos are shockin. I'll put all the photos back in order too...

• 10 months later...
Yeah, I was gonna say something about that :)

Cheers for the pics though, should make the guide a bit easier to follow, my photos are shockin. I'll put all the photos back in order too...

Just my 2 c insteed of cutting the pipe head down to enzed and get a barbed fitting for it so its all nice and neat and wont blow off

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

ok after reading all 10 pages i just want to make sure of something...

i will be fitting a hicas lock bar to my r32 gtr, do i join the 2 lines back there to each other so the fluid can still 'flow' ?

will this work fine? wont put strain on the power steering pump ?

just wana do this the quickest and best way possible,

thanks !

When I orginally removed my HICAS, I just looped the lines back into each other at the back of the car.

When I removed the lines and solenoid, I just looped it back into the itself under the resevoir.

I will now be utilising those looped lines to install a cooler :)

• 1 year later...

Great Thread!

Just 1 Question - On the GTR R32,

When you get to the stage where you remove the Red Circled pipe in the Pic below and blank it off on the Power Steering pump,

BUT

Where does the Loose pipe go to, that you have taken off ??

Thanks!!!

HICAS.jpg

Ok, the 2 pipes that came out of the HICAS solonoide on the drivers side - you must loop together and the other 2 ran to the rear of the car.

So where did this one go to ??

It goes to the HICAS solenoid. I have just finished pulling all that out of my R32. There is absolutely no looping involved when you pull it all out. The front outlet of the power steer pump still just goes to and from the rack, and the rear outlet of the power steer pump doesn't exist, because you replace the old R32 pump with a newer one and get a new line made up. All the rear steer plumbing goes in the bin.

It goes to the HICAS solenoid. I have just finished pulling all that out of my R32. There is absolutely no looping involved when you pull it all out. The front outlet of the power steer pump still just goes to and from the rack, and the rear outlet of the power steer pump doesn't exist, because you replace the old R32 pump with a newer one and get a new line made up. All the rear steer plumbing goes in the bin.

So you removed the section with the fluid cooler on the drivrs side as well . . . ? (where most loop the 2 pipes together)

All gone. My "cooler" has been out of circuit for years anyway because it had a crimp in it, was causing high pressure and leakage in the power steering circuit. So my car had been looped out there for a decade already. But now it's all gone. I plumbed a spare little auto trans cooler into the new power steering circuit to provide more cooling than it will ever need (trying to compensate for the previous years of neglect!)