SAU Community

Golgo... Golgone

Jamezilla

Well.

It had to happen eventually.

Golgo has been sold :)

He will be moving to South Australia with a nice new owner late next week.

*sniff

Feeling a bit bummed by it all - so help cheer me up by posting your favourite memory, recolection - or even picture of the mighty purple assassin.

This one sums it up for me:

golgo_dynoflame.jpg

James

Thanks for reminding me...

At the moment there are no plans for a replacement.

I'll probably get something much bigger and slower first.

Ideally with a back yard.

That said... a man cannot live by bread alone, and I'm sure having the choice of a crappy Lada or a crappier Lada will wear thin soon enough.

I will certainly keep you all informed :)

Hi James, my favorite memory of golgo was when i was following you on the way back from the GOR cruise. The huge flames it spat out on gear change was something of a highlight on the way back :)

thanks for the memories :D

I hope you buy a replacement GTR soon and it better be a R34 :)

First time I have Ever seen golgo.

James told me they are the pics when GOLGO was going up on the dyno for "flame" run :D (First pic on thread :))

1st pic does make GOLGO seem like an assisin comming out of the dark lol

After seeing all the riced up cars at the Autosalon, Then seeing golgo squeezing through people in the showroom with its gruntin engine i went to my friend and said, "Now thats a real car"

post-8025-1131099711.jpg

post-8025-1131099851.jpg

I live in SA, that means I might get to see the mythical Golgo Beast in the flesh !

Oh,and condolances and all that =]

Im sure you will get somthing even better.

ps. where should I look for it :)

Edited by syx

Hmm.. that time i drove from Salon to the supermarket with Andrew fron Cabin...

we thrashed the A$$ outta it royally along clarendon and surrounding backstreets it was a hooter

nah, just kidding. that was my only chance i drove it, very smooth, GTR's are so different to the feel

No!!!

Ah well, I know how long you've been trying to sell him. Congratulations to the new owner, Golgo is one fine machine - even if he was always the "town bike" :)

I always liked this shot - James I owe you a 30x20in print for all those times you let me borrow him - if you can remember a favourite shot let me know:

DSC_3670_large.jpg

This is some of the saddest news this year... James we all know you have been wanting to sell the beast for a while, but it's a shame it had to go interstate.. You can always remember the memories that GTR has given you… Hope the new owner enjoys it as much as you have and that the Lada begins to bring as much joy to you as what Golgo has given you…

Just a small picture from the GOR cruise. Will never forget you pulling Golgo out at the back of the pack and stopping all traffic for us to all pull out… for some reason Golgo would be the only car that would get away with that and never get tooted :)

In saying that congratulations James on the sale and hopefully something bigger at better will appear in the near future.

post-11799-1131165216.jpg

:) - a sad day indeed.

The countdown of my favourite memories include:

3. Golgo getting trapped in the garage for several days until the nice locksmith came to his resuce. Cmon - it was funny as.

2. Screeching to a holt on the GOR cruise as we were too busy looking at the scenary to realise everyone else had stopped - at least you know the brakes worked!!!

1. You and Jeremy (in Golgo) and Snowy and me (in the REX) racing around Winton for what anyone would have thought were sheepstations!!!

Anyhoo - he was a beast and will be sadly missed. Let's just hope the new owner enjoys him as much as and you and everyone else who was lucky enough to score a drive.

That said - TURBO LADA here we come!!!!! :P

I also dunno how u could part with such a lovely thing.

Ill always remember seeing the pics with the bikes on top!! Bloody awesome!

On the bottom of the doors somethings written in Jap (i think).

Whats it say?

Howd u find an interstate buyer?

(Selling mine soon and wouldnt mind keeping my VIC plates also :) )

best thing about golgo was when we dragged him off in a 1972 nissan skyline and one :( yes james you know it

naaa sad to see the beast go, but you are more than welcome to come jion us in the 32 gtr :P

cheers

greg and ron

On the bottom of the doors somethings written in Jap (i think).

Whats it say?

its says golgo mania

which means in japanese `crazy about golgo`

and golgo no best .... which i guess the owner was trying to say `golgos best` .. nice japanese english

Edited by akeenan