SAU Community

R32 A/c Not Cold?

T04GTR

Foznice, the same thing happens in my r32.

If I have everything off hot air will blow down onto my foot (accelerating pedal).... the air is hot to the point it almost burns my foot on long drives. If I turn the fan on it will blow the hot air through all the vents. I can't make the hot air stop no matter what I press.

If I turn my aircon on, it doesn't change, still blows hot air.... the only way I can get my aircon to work is if I keep my finger on the BLUE temp button to get it into Fast Cool mode.... then it blows nice cool air :P

Has anyone solved this problem???

Fixxxer :(

you can stop the hot air coming through when everythings turned off, by pressing the recirculate button.. seems to stop outside air (thats running over the engine) coming into the cabin.. It's a temporary fix but it should help until you can find the real problem.............

have all of you reconnected your reciever dryers? even if they're not gased it might help to plug them in as it's part of the system.

I regassed mine yesterday, it's not blowing air nearly as cold as it should be. I think this is partially because of the heater/airconditioner actutor.. it dosn't seem to be connected to anything (noticed when I took out the dash) and theres nothing I can do controlwise to make it move.. anyone else have this problem???

Hey Rylan

My R32 has been gassed twice in twelve months and it still blows warm air. Learned that a few days ago whilst driving up the freeway during the second hottest day on record :nyaanyaa::blink::huh:

Annnnyway, mine is terrible. I haven't looked at the actuator and until I saw this thread (re: thermisters) I thought I just had an aircon leak.

If (when!) I sort it, I'll post here.

Mark

thanks mark. I noticed something new.. I can get it to blow cold air.. by setting it to 18 degrees but when I give it some stick something opens up and I get the hottest air ever (and I found this out on a very hot day too :(:rofl: )..

I also noticed that if I put the climate control into 'full cold' mode it will blow the coldest air it can (not very cold, as I think I haven't put enough gas in) regardless of how much I give it.... just something to think about...

Mark, usually if the gasing has been done properly they put some dye in the system so that leaks can be found, the dye shows up under a certain type of light.. the guy that gased your aircon will probably have one.

Also, before it gets gased they usually hold the system under vaccum for about 5 or 10mins to see if there are any leaks... If this procedure was done, major leaks would have been found.... minor leaks might not show up though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

Im getting error 27-refigant temp sensor on my 32, will this affect operation. Also, the 3rd temp is about 4 all the time, should i just get a 2k resistor and whack in here, or, is there someplace i can get the real deal to fix it properally.

For the refigant temp, would i loose my gas replacing this one?

• 2 months later...

Ok, I've done the whole diag check- got the 25 error code (sun sensor, I was under cover), and my temps were :

However, I continually blow one of the AC fuses (#8 in pic below) when I turn on the AC.

R32-Int-fuse-blk.jpg

The other AC fuse (#17) is fine, but I've replaced #8 fuse 4 times now testing- it only goes when I switch on the AC.

Needless to say I'm not getting any cold air, just ambient temp air blowing really hard..... :(

Any ideas??

thanks.

~Dave

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm well I'll soon have a bit more time on my hands, So I've come back to this thread to finish my aircon saga....

I went to regas the AC a couple of months back, and it seems that it does have enough refigerant in the system, and the compressor appears to be working fine............ So my 'hot air' problem is from something along the electrics line...

So I did the test just before..

I again got the 25 error code - it's all good

and the negative 26... or "-26"... I believe this is the PBR from looking at the Dave's original post and the "sky is the limit" book which has a reference on the climate control diagnositcs...

Perhaps the negative is just supposed to be a dash?

I also noticed that I get the error code '34' when doing the actuator testing eg - the motor for the feet is having a bit of trouble... which would explaina the SQEAK SQUEAKKKK SQUEAKYYY sound that is always made whenever the mode of the climate control has changed... Might have a look at this too.

PBR by the way is apparently the hot cold engine/ambient air flap thingy.. Which completely explains why there's hot air come through all the time. Does anyone know if this 'flap' is vaccum operated or electrically operated? Because as previously mentioned, when I give it a bit of stick from first or second, I hear a little pop or thud, and then hot air comes flodding in... My mental picuture was that the little pop/thud is the flap opening. So perhaps if the flap was vaccum operated, and there were leaks in the pipe or something, maybe it could be effected from the engine boosting???

Maybe it's just the acceleration of the car that's throwing the flap open - I've acutally seen the flap so I have no idea if this is possible or not...

But yeah these are my thoughts... I will be taking apart the dash next week to get to the bottom of all this, I'll try and include some photo's too.

From the small amount of research that i have done on my aircon problem i think i have found why it is continually blowing the fuse, like daveharvey.ca.

Someone said that the magnetic clutch in the aircon compressor is drawing too much current and is shorting the fuse many people have had sucess with getting it respun, there are a few threads on here about it.

If anyone finds any other way of fixing this please let me know.

Thanks

Zenith

• 6 months later...

I attempted this test just then in my r33 and it will give me the inside and outside temps, but it wont go further to give me:

air intake > (before evaporator temp)

refrigant temp.>( evaporator temp)

When my aircon engages it draws wayyyy to much power from the engine and makes a kinda cough sound. Ive been in my mates r33 with the aircon on and you cant even tell its on....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My air con doesnt blow COLD and the heater only blows slightly WARM.

I enter the test mode and get 25 (In my shed at night)

Flashes 3 for a few seconds then 30. (Whats this 30?)

Outside 35.5 , This is too high?? Same as when I press the AMB button i get 35.5 (Its definately under 20 outside)

Inside 18,

air intake 17

refrigant temp 15.5

Any ideas? The only problem I can see is that 35 degrees outside is totaly wrong?

I would have thought that the Aircon Would probably more seeing as though it thinks its so hot outside?

Edited by skylinetas