SAU Community

Speeding Help!

fortunatealan

i dont really understand what kinda help you want here.?

man you were way over.. you shoulda just kept going. ahah not really. though the other day i didi see someone run was quite exciting.

if you contest it you can drag it out for months. if you have a good reason that you need to drive. the court may allow you to drive with conditions.

you could buy property in NT and get a NT licence. they have no points system. so no points can be deducted. im not sure about how muh over calls for a licence suspension. GROUP BUY NT licences..! ahah

I dont think 6 months is that bad. My sisters boyfriend has lost his licence for 18 months. And has to do community service for 6 months. On top of that when he gets his licence back he has to begin as a learner on his L's. He was a P plater and was caught three times over a year doing 160km/h in a 60 zone. And now he is selling his r33 as he can not drive it.

Edited by SkyLinE GT-T R34 Pau

Ah yes, the accidental 35 km over trick.

Spped camera or police with radar??

There are ways and means you can over come this. First question, how much is your license worth to you? secondly, how much are you willing to depart on the chance it could be for nothing? Pick up the yellow pages and pick out the biggest ad you can find for traffic offence lawyer. Some will tell you it's a lost cause and some will take it on. Ball park you looking between $800 - $3000

Or just contest it on the back of the fine, use no legal representation, its free.

In my opinoin EVERY speeding fine/infringement is worth contesting, weather in the right or wrong.

Think of those poor buggers that all got caught on the western ring road a few years back when all the cameras were not calibrated properly. A lot of people got caught doing just a few over (but haden't) and lost their license due to points and what have you, imagine loosing your job, your house because you couldn't pay your morgage due to no job etc...

Or just cop it on the chin, your an idiot for speeding, accident my arse.

Good post 32brother and agree with your point on the Western Ring Road cameras as I very much doubt each person caught for doing something they weren't has recieved compensation other than the fine revoked.

I cant see how you can accidently do 35kph in this country when every motorist is aware of how little leanincy (sp?) there is with speeding. You accidently do 5kph's over at a push.

My girlfriends brother has finished his 3rd ban and has done the time. He drove like a moron but took it on the chin and says he has learnt this time. Time will tell. None of his were that high but he has had a total of 10 months ban (1 x 1 month, 1 x 3 month and 1 x 6 months).

Agree with Al though on this one mate.

Assume the help you are looking for is in the form of a solictor then? <_<

well the cheaper way is to pay the $377 fine and loose ur license for 6. there is an option that allows you to drive 12mths or something with 1 demerit point and not get into trouble but whether that applies to you im not sure.

but seriously, "accidentaly" doing 95 in 60 zone, at least admit that you screwed up.

Edited by (B1) MR_fanny

i didnt realise i was doing 95 in a 100 zone ...lol

you gotta be shitting us. the kind of streets that are designated 60km/h zones, and you were doing 95km/h accidently....

pay the fine and walk to work for 6 months

your obviously on a suburban street.

roadside camera... hope you arent on your P's... cause your gonna be in for a nice letter stating that it could be cancelled, not just suspended.

you do a stupid thing like that there really isnt much room for argument. Court will only drag it out longer, but thats about it. You aint geting off a camera.

6 months isnt that long. It'll keep you fit. WOrked for me

Strange accident, I've never had that happen to me.

My speed is always a direct correlation with how far I depress the accelerator.

enjoy the fresh air and exercise for the nxt 6 mths

there is an option that allows you to drive 12mths or something with 1 demerit point and not get into trouble but whether that applies to you im not sure
thankfully this wont apply, a demerit point extension is for when you're at the limit or your points and they let you choose either 1. cop 3mths suspension now or 2. Keep driving but if you get 1 more point in the nxt 12mths you're out for 12mths.

30+ kph over the limit is an instant loss of licence no options.