SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Problem Losing Power

r32gtstJ

Is there something for the cold start?? Where is it?

The car has no issues in idle so I don't think it's the iacv but it's just really hard to start sometimes over 3-5 seconds of cranking before it starts and sometimes as soon as I turn the car on, it's on.. I'm puzzled

It's about 5-10 degrees Celsius at the moment and it sometimes fine from dead cold and after driving about 15 mins and restarting it cranks for longer than when I initially started it from cold

I thought it would be weirder if it has problems starting when warm but that's the way it is at the moment. But it never failed to start yet, just needed to give it a bit of throttle and it goes...

Just annoying and don't wanna strain the starter motor that's all if this continues

Haha any comments welcome but yeah initial power loss/ idle isue is fixed but just the ignition issue bugs me at the moment.

It does have a pretty small battery... Could that be the issue maybe?

Cheers missile man, hoped that wasn't the case because it looks pretty new from Japan.

So that ruled out... What can it be, it only has aftermarket intercooler, oil catch tank ( at least that's what I think it is, I'll upload photos later) so don't think it's anything off tune.

Engine and turbo is stock