Autosalon Circuit Battle

nfi

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

c'mon give him some slack. just because he bought a GTR doesn't automatically give him the expectation of being a shit hot driver. at least (unlike the majority of GTR owners) he is out on the track having some fun. it may have been his first track day ever.

*note, i haven't seen the vid.

Yeah.

Too bad in his list of things to do (buy a good car, spend money to set it up, etc) he didn't include "take driving lessons so I can recognise an apex and maybe clip one".

LOL! As well as... "learning to brake 101", "learn to drive a manual 101", "understanding the racing line 101" and "learning to cain it anywhere other than in a straight line 101"

c'mon give him some slack. just because he bought a GTR doesn't automatically give him the expectation of being a shit hot driver. at least (unlike the majority of GTR owners) he is out on the track having some fun. it may have been his first track day ever.

*note, i haven't seen the vid.

Very true. I would definitely watch the video it is entertaining because the car is FAST... You are right, I am being a keyboard warrior right now bagging him although I am sure you have been to the track before and just seen a lost cause... This thing has a big high mount so I think it is unlikely he is new to it.

Watching it makes me miss the track even more... I haven't been in 7 months.

yeah i have been to the track. and yes trying to pass a bloke in a car that is madly fast down the straight, but then brakes 3 times for a corner, and has never heard of mirrors can be a bitch, but i'm sure i was pretty crap the first time i got out there... ok i wasn't, i admit it, i was hell quick...lol

ahh well if thats the case, let me join in then......at the same track day...if my memory serves me correct, the banana boat struggled to break 1.15....lol

Ahh nice cheap shot drag queen!

1.15 running an engine in seems fair to me, I am happy to take you on any day any circuit

Isn't it time you started another thread telling everyone how good you are? its been a week or two since the last one :D

31st of Jan was when entries closed yep.

BTW - for the Martin Notaris fans - he apparently had a big off on the weekend at Mt Buller. The stories going around at the top of the hill suggested he had heart problems afterwards as well. Not sure how true that is. But the rest of the session (SS6) was cancelled after his crash so it must have been decent one. Hope he's ok.

He was in an Evo but not that Dutton cheater EVO.

not a good weekend at Buller. I just got a phone call to tell me that a guy we race with here in nsw and his father had an off too and they are both in hospital with suspected brain damage. not good at all.

i hope they are okay richard!

also hope martin is okay too!

sounds like there were a few offs.

i have watched an in car vid of the whole buller sprint, there seems to be plenty of places to get it wrong in a big way.

Yeh, a friend that navigates was telling me that in Targa Tas there is a view to self preservation, whislt still going quick...at Bulla, the red mist descends and there are plenty of moments.

Its terrible hearing about these sorts of stories :P

some of you on here may know them too. The Lynn family. They run with us in Prod Sports in NSW. Very keen motorsport family and just like most of us sponsoring their own car so they can go racing. very sad indeed, and i hope they come out of it all ok.

thanks for the kind thoughts though. it's things like this that make you wonder why we go racing?

They had 22 offs in the first 2 runs up the hill on Friday.

Crazy event. I really wanted to do it until the weekend. Its not a GTR event. They are too big and laggy.

One of the guys we know well from the WRX Club (Matthew Heskin) crashed on the way back down! Not even racing. The CFA had watered the road to try and cool it off and Heskin was trying to get some of the tar and rubber build ups out of his tyres when he spun out and went off the cliff about 15m. He was ok but it put him out of the race when he was in 8th spot after 6 runs.

Likewise, thats horrible to hear.

A friend of mines dad had a really bad accident in a sports sedan 1 year ago and I still remember how messed up he was.

I with you beer baron... It makes you wonder why we do it.... Its the reality we all choose to ignore.

sad to here all the best for the crashed people

anyway anyone who has a entry form for this its time the black hr31 "black ferrari" comes out to play

call me or fax it to me and ill express post it off

and see if i can enter

pete

or fax